Tony's Law to require drug user registration

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
WASHINGTON, DC—Citizens spoke before Congress Monday in support of Tony's Law, a Senate measure that would require all marijuana-law offenders to inform their neighbors if they're holding.

If enacted, Tony's Law will require illegal-drug offenders to announce their status.

"Right now, countless Americans are living on the very same blocks as convicted illegal-drug users," said Sharon Logan of the Weed For Tony Coalition. "Without a federal mandate requiring full disclosure, how are unsuspecting residents supposed to find any decent weed?"

Designed to protect Americans from dry spells, Tony's Law was named after 19-year-old New Jersey resident Tony DiCenzo, who went nine months without getting high before discovering that he lived in the same apartment building as a reliable marijuana source.

"Can you imagine the shock and anger Tony must have felt when he found out that the guy on the second floor possessed the Schedule I federal controlled substance?" Logan said. "The offender could have invited poor Tony into his apartment to smoke some at any time. It's heartbreaking."

Tony's Law would create a national public registry of drug-law offenders' names, addresses, and pager numbers. Additionally, offenders charged with dealing marijuana would be required to either post signs or go door-to-door and let neighbors know when they're holding.

Privacy-rights groups oppose the legislation on the grounds that it violates the individual's right to a stash, but Austin, TX's James W. Clancy is one of many stoner-rights lawyers who traveled to Washington to rally in favor of the law's passage.

Cont...

I think they should make a federal registry for traffic offenses too. And make them post a sign on their bumber stating "BEWARE: I AM A TRAFFIC OFFENDER!" That way when I am driving I will know that that person is a risk to hit me.

Also the database could be used by prospective employers to check and see if an applicant does not follow the law. Hey, it points to the mental status of the applicant. They want to check on our credit status, lets check on everything misdemeanors, traffic offenses, crashes ....

Posting the Onion in a valid sub form should be a no no. LOL By the way I went to the onion site and received so many reports of internet threats the site was blocked to me.

Posting the Onion in a valid sub form should be a no no. LOL By the way I went to the onion site and received so many reports of internet threats the site was blocked to me.

Are you serious? You received threats over at The Onion?

I didn't even know they had a message board.....but that should never have happened, RGS.

We need not worry about such things when the Tony's of the world are in need of our help.

Forum List

Back