Tony Stewart wins Nascar Championship

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hubby and I had a friendly bet :eusa_whistle: at the beginning of the series in Feb . I picked Tony would win the whole thing. HE said Dale Jr / I won and guess who gets to do laundry this week :lol: Its not me:lol:

nascar is as rigged a rasslin'

sorry i had to watch that mess yesterday.....talk about bored....how many cautions.....how many....it was silly...announcer going on about this and that...trying to make it sound like its an exciting race ....

nascar is dead...

Yeah...I was pulling for cousin Carl. He's a heck of a dude. But hey, Tony's ok. As long as it wasn't that PUTZ Kyle Bush! LOL

The only problem I have with Tony winning is I heard him say that if he won, he would be the first since Alan Kulwicki to win as an owner/driver. I say that, THAT claim needs an (*) beside it. That would be like Jimmy Johnson claiming he won his last championship as a owner/driver because he bought some fuzzy dice for the mirror of the 48 car. ;~)

Everyone knows Tony's cars are Rick Hendricks cars....top to bottom.

That said, he took the exact same equipment as Johnson, Gordon, Dale Jr, Martian and Newman and not only beat their butts with it, but won the championship over the most consistent driver in NASCAR this season.

Dude can drive!

Thank you very much. A very touch race to win. :razz:

it was horrible.....i cant believe yall would defend that mess at all.....nascar is fake....its all figured out ahead of time.....and these good old boys are as fake as nascar....the redneck lingo...most of them are well educated....hell they may as well be politicians....

it was horrible.....i cant believe yall would defend that mess at all.....nascar is fake....its all figured out ahead of time.....and these good old boys are as fake as nascar....the redneck lingo...most of them are well educated....hell they may as well be politicians....

To be honest with you I agree. I am not even a nascar fan at all. I dont really like sports all that much but when mom names you what she named me you might as well go with it.

sorry i had to watch that mess yesterday.....talk about bored....how many cautions.....how many....it was silly...announcer going on about this and that...trying to make it sound like its an exciting race ....

nascar is dead...

You don't enjoy NASCAR, but 100,000 people attended the race and millions more watched it on TV and you claim it's dead?

I don't like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, therefore, they are dead and should be taken off the market.

Hell of a race and verry fitting that the points leaders should finish 1-2

sorry i had to watch that mess yesterday.....talk about bored....how many cautions.....how many....it was silly...announcer going on about this and that...trying to make it sound like its an exciting race ...
When I was in the Military I knew this one guy who loved NASCAR. He'd get video tapes of the races and watch them again and again again!

Watching short clips of the races? I could see that, but the whole f*ckin' race? When you already know who won?

George Carlin was right. He said the same 5 rednecks win every time so the only real excitement was watching them crash! :lol:

There were only 8 cautions, 3 for rain.

If NASCAR was rigged Dale Jr. would be winning everything.

Were you forced to watch the race?

Best season ending race I've ever seen.

There were only 8 cautions, 3 for rain.

If NASCAR was rigged Dale Jr. would be winning everything. (why in the whole do you think that)

Were you forced to watch the race? (yes damn it ...i was)

Best season ending race I've ever seen.

i just dont get it...the fun is gone....i remember 20 years ago....corps were into it....people came from all over the us and canada to see the races....now...they arent even sold out.. thunder valley was always sold out...not now...its a dying sport hell its not even a sport

o and for all you dale sr fans....his dumbass would still be alive had he not fought the safety equipment...

All of these NASCAR haters. It's amazing that NASCAR is the NUMBER ONE spectator sport in the USA!

I have a casual interest in NASCAR, but that's it. I am certainly not going to ridicule people who are really into NASCAR. I've always been more of an open wheel racing fan.

I only ridicule those who are really into SOCCER!

NASCAR races are still affordable for the average Joe. Baseball, football, basketball, and hockey games are only affordable for people with 6-digit incomes or higher.

Last edited:
George Carlin was right. He said the same 5 rednecks win every time so the only real excitement was watching them crash! :lol:
Just to put that to bed, there were 13 different winners in the first 19 races of 2011 and off the top of my head, I think there were 7 first time winners this year too. In all I'm thinking there were 17 different winners this season. So ol' George may NOT have been quite as smart as he thought! ;~)

strollingbones,

Hey dummy, the economy SUCKS....just in case you ain't been out of the basement in a while!

You say you remember 20 years ago, well 20 years ago, I'd been setting in the stands watching Darrell Waltrip, Coo Coo Marlin and Bobby Allison race for 20 years. I was not that big a NASCAR fan back then, more into Can Am and open wheel, but I DID get to the occasional go fast, turn lefter.

NASCAR competition is stronger now than it has EVER been. Instead of being 5 or 6 teams that can win on a regular basis like it was back then, there more like 20 or more that can win on any given Sunday. THAT is why it is STILL the number one spectator sport in America, despite the lower attendance. Which, by the way, is still 500% higher than it was in the 70's!

To be honest strollingbones, I'm betting the closest you've ever been to "thunder valley" or Tennessee for that matter is pouring shots out of a bottle of Jack Daniels. Especially given that dumb ass crack about Dale Earnhart!

Oh, and you other folks are dead on. It was the closest points championship finish in HISTORY for ANY FORM OF RACING!

Stewart and Edwards finished the season in a DEAD TIE in points. The tie breaker or course being that Stewart had more wins. THANKfully, they don't keep score like soccer or there wouldn't have been a champion. ;~)

I thought it was a fitting finish to have a history making points finish put an end to 5-time's (Jimme Johnson for the great unwashed) history making streak.

By the way, if I were the rest of the drivers...I would fear the 48 next year. I suspect that team is going to be hungry again. ;~)

Tony was on a mission. I am a Junior fan, but honestly he doesn't have the killer instinct that his dad had. I am not sure he will ever win a Championship. There will never be another number 3.

Forum List

Back