Tony Curtis.. Dies

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I thought he was a great actor.. Sure made some great movies..

----------------:(

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) - “Entertainment Tonight” is reporting the death of Oscar-nominated actor Tony Curtis at the age of 85.

The show says a representative of his daughter, actress Jamie Lee Curtis, confirmed the death.

Tony Curtis, born Bernard Schwartz in the Bronx, was nominated for an Oscar for his dramatic role in “The Defiant Ones” with Sidney Poitier.

But he’s also known for his comedic acting in the 1959 movie “Some Like It Hot” with Marilyn Monroe and Jack Lemmon. Lemmon and Curtis are musicians who see a mob hit and disguise themselves as women to elude the gangsters who want to rub out any witnesses.

Curtis is also known for his role in “Spartacus” with Kirk Douglas.

Actor Tony Curtis Dies At 85-Years-Old CBS New York- News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

Tony Curtis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Some of my favorite movies were.

# Some Like It Hot (1959)
# Operation Petticoat (1959)
# Spartacus (1960)
# The Great Impostor (1961)
# The List of Adrian Messenger (1963) (cameo)
# Sex and the Single Girl (1964)
# The Great Race (1965)

Last edited:
Some of my favorites movie were.

# Spartacus (1960)
# The Great Race (1965)

Yeah. He was married to Janet Leigh from the psycho shower scene. Some other Alfred Hitchcock movies too... The Birds maybe?

Yeah, just heard on my way home this morning. I always loved him as an actor. If you ever watched or listened to any of his interviews he was a pretty funny, down to earth guy.
We'll miss ya Tony!

He shared screen time with Cary Grant, Jack Lemon and Marilynn Monroe, and his is the performance you remember.
He was great.

# Spartacus (1960)
# The Great Race (1965)

Yeah. He was married to Janet Leigh from the psycho shower scene. Some other Alfred Hitchcock movies too... The Birds maybe?
Tippy Hendren was Hitchcock's blonde in The Birds.

I thought he was a great actor.. Sure made some great movies..

----------------:(

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) - “Entertainment Tonight” is reporting the death of Oscar-nominated actor Tony Curtis at the age of 85.

The show says a representative of his daughter, actress Jamie Lee Curtis, confirmed the death.

Tony Curtis, born Bernard Schwartz in the Bronx, was nominated for an Oscar for his dramatic role in “The Defiant Ones” with Sidney Poitier.

But he’s also known for his comedic acting in the 1959 movie “Some Like It Hot” with Marilyn Monroe and Jack Lemmon. Lemmon and Curtis are musicians who see a mob hit and disguise themselves as women to elude the gangsters who want to rub out any witnesses.

Curtis is also known for his role in “Spartacus” with Kirk Douglas.

Actor Tony Curtis Dies At 85-Years-Old CBS New York- News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

Tony Curtis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Awwww. :(

# Spartacus (1960)
# The Great Race (1965)

Wonderful movies! He will be missed.

And now we know the third. Gloria Stewart and George Blanda also passed away this week.

:(

Forum List

Back