Tony Blair: Barrack Obama, good leader, respected, right idea

R

rdean

On Morning Joe, Tony Blair said President Obama has the right idea in the Middle East and his policies have the best chance of success in years. He said Obama is seen as a "good leader" and is "respected by the Israeli's".

Right wing pundits on the show were very, very unhappy to hear something positive about this president.

:lol:

Like Tony Blair is going to come to the United States and say the Obama is a lying, thuggish piece of shit.. probably what he wanted to say..:lol::lol:
good grief, you lefties are funny for your hero worship of this boyking..

In The Queen, Elizabeth (played by Helen Mirren) privately tells the freshly elected Tony Blair (played by Michael Sheen), "You are my 10th prime minister, Mr. Blair. My first was Winston Churchill." Morgan says he completely and utterly fabricated that line when writing his script. And yet, in Blair's memoir, he writes that Elizabeth once told him, "You are my 10th prime minister. The first was Winston. That was before you were born."

Blair maintains he's never seen The Queen, but Morgan counters, "There are three possibilities. The first is I guessed absolutely perfectly, which is highly unlikely; the second is Blair decided to endorse what I imagined as the official line; and the third is that he had one gin and tonic too many and confused the scene in the film with what had actually happened, and this I find amusing because he always insisted he had never even seen it.

The Queen screenwriter says Tony Blair swiped fictional dialogue from the film for his memoir | Newswire | The A.V. Club

i can see why they would be. mr blair's veracity is renowned.

:lol:

Like Tony Blair is going to come to the United States and say the Obama is a lying, thuggish piece of shit.. probably what he wanted to say..:lol::lol:
good grief, you lefties are funny for your hero worship of this boyking..

boy?

Blair referred to George Bush as "simple". He said Bush sees the world in black and white. It made his leadership easier because he only had two choices.

He also said he was terribly sad. A woman whose family was murdered under Saddam thanked him. After returning to Iraq, she was murdered. Iraq is pretty much under Sharia law and outspoken women aren't tolerated. It made him wonder if they actually helped Iraq.

My feeling is that we took an active part in setting up the governments of Japan, Germany and Italy after WWII and look how they worked out. Bush and the Republicans don't bother with all that study and learning and history. Too "elitist". Iraq is an example of ignoring history. Since we went in, we could have made a difference. Instead, we created another Iran.

Getting an endorsement from Tony Blair on foreign policy is like Farmer Brown endorsing the Fox to guard the hen house, the "right wing" partisan hacks may not have liked to hear it but the neo con community could not be happier with Obama.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Blair referred to George Bush as "simple". He said Bush sees the world in black and white. It made his leadership easier because he only had two choices.

He also said he was terribly sad. A woman whose family was murdered under Saddam thanked him. After returning to Iraq, she was murdered. Iraq is pretty much under Sharia law and outspoken women aren't tolerated. It made him wonder if they actually helped Iraq.

My feeling is that we took an active part in setting up the governments of Japan, Germany and Italy after WWII and look how they worked out. Bush and the Republicans don't bother with all that study and learning and history. Too "elitist". Iraq is an example of ignoring history. Since we went in, we could have made a difference. Instead, we created another Iran.

howard you amaze me sometimes...

Forum List

Back