Tonights debate: McCain vs. Obama: Round Two

Discussion in 'Congress' started by CA95380, Oct 7, 2008.

1. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    McCain vs. Obama: Round Two - CNN.com

A townhall meeting. A place where you could freely ask them whatever you had on your mind.

If you were selected to ask a question - what one question would you like to ask each of them?

International Issue ?
    Domestic Issue ?
    Economic Issue ?
    Social Issue ?
    Insert Your Own ?

2. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,113
    I tell you what, if they even start with calling eachother names instead of debating any one of those issues they listed, i am turning it off and am not going to watch it.

3. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    I agree. Let's get past the "mud slinging" and get to the issues. Enough BS is enough, by both sides. :doubt:

4. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,111
    Another yawn fest.

Each will say the same things we've been hearing for more than a year now.

BHO's side will say he won
    Jm's side will say he won

There now you don't have to watch. go out and have some fun instead.

5. bigdaddygtr

bigdaddygtr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I'd ask McCain how is it he's gone from "not knowing much about the economy," to "our economy is strong," to "we're in an economic crisis and I'm the man for the job," all in 2 months?

Then I'd ask him, "John, why is it that when you talk about the war, you only start with the surge as if there wasn't the 3 years previous? What do you think about those years?"

He'd fumble and stumble and it would furthermore show that maybe Obama isn't the greatest candidate but he's sure a hell of alot better then McSame

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,859
    I'd ask him if his economic policy revolved around marrying a beer heiress.

It should be an interesting debate this time since the audience gets to ask the questions.

7. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    I just wonder how "candid" these questions will be? To be honest I do not belive that either side goes into a debate without prior knowledge of what is going to be asked. IMO. :eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh: Errrr .... the only exception to the above would be Sarah. She probably knows what the questions will be - then goes off on something totally different, thinking she is looking intelligent and cute. :cuckoo:

From the VP debate:

8. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    International Issue ?

To both:North Korea is re-starting their nuclear reactors in the face of not being removed from the list of terrorist nations. Why have we not removed them and if president would one of your first duties be to remove them? If not, do you support military action against North Korea to get them to halt their nuclear ambitions once and for all?

Domestic Issue ?

To John McCain: The $700 billion rescue deal contained over $180 billion worth of pork. This is something you have made the centerpiece of your campaign and vowed to veto the first pork laden bill to cross your desk when you're elected president. Why have you not said anything about the pork in this bill that you voted for?

To Obama: The government has funds for medicare, medicaid and social security and has squandered those funds throughout the decade. If elected president, how can you ensure that the funds for universal healthcare will not also go bankrupt?

Economic Issue ?

To Obama: According to the US Census Beauru, the average American Household Income is $50,223. According to a Washington Post graph, the average American will save $319 under John McCain's plan and $1042 under your tax plan. With so many tax credits available today under our current tax law, 60% Americans will still not pay one dime in taxes. 95% of American families already don't pay any taxes. How is your plan going to help them save more money?

To McCain: In light of the recent $700 billion rescue deal that was just passed last week, do you think you'll delay your tax cuts, not cut taxes at all, or raise taxes?

Social Issue ?
    To both: Do you believe that all Americans are equal and should be treated equally given the same rights and opportunities as every other American no matter what race, religion, gender or sexual prefernece? If so, why do the both of you discriminate against gay couple who want the right to get married? Do either of you support civil unions?

To both: How exactly would your administration deal with an Iran that has obtained a nuclear weapon?

To John McCain: You've said in the past that you will run a respectful campaign and not run any negative attack ads. Why have you now broken your promise?

To Obama: Bill Ayres is a noted domestic terrorist from the 1960s who on September 10th 2001 was interviewed saying he does not regret bombing government buildings. Can you once and for all, please elaborate on your involvment with Bill Ayres?

To both: What would you do to improve race relations between Blacks and whites in this country?

To both: Venezuela has now said they wish to have nuclear energy. How would your administration deal with Hugo Chavez and Venuezela?

To both: What do you love the most about this country?

To both: What do you feel needs to be changed about this country?

To both: Why should I vote for you?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    Why should I watch the debate? They are two sides of the same coin. Bring a 3rd party into the debate and I'll watch.

10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,859
    That could be true. I think the powers that be do see the questions ahead of time, perhaps to screen out really whacky people. But from what I understand the candidates are not supposed to know the questions.