Tonights debate: McCain vs. Obama: Round Two

I tell you what, if they even start with calling eachother names instead of debating any one of those issues they listed, i am turning it off and am not going to watch it.

Another yawn fest.

Each will say the same things we've been hearing for more than a year now.

BHO's side will say he won
Jm's side will say he won

There now you don't have to watch. go out and have some fun instead.

I'd ask McCain how is it he's gone from "not knowing much about the economy," to "our economy is strong," to "we're in an economic crisis and I'm the man for the job," all in 2 months?

Then I'd ask him, "John, why is it that when you talk about the war, you only start with the surge as if there wasn't the 3 years previous? What do you think about those years?"

He'd fumble and stumble and it would furthermore show that maybe Obama isn't the greatest candidate but he's sure a hell of alot better then McSame

Last edited:
I'd ask him if his economic policy revolved around marrying a beer heiress.

It should be an interesting debate this time since the audience gets to ask the questions.

I'd ask him if his economic policy revolved around marrying a beer heiress.

It should be an interesting debate this time since the audience gets to ask the questions.

I just wonder how "candid" these questions will be? To be honest I do not belive that either side goes into a debate without prior knowledge of what is going to be asked. IMO. :eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh: Errrr .... the only exception to the above would be Sarah. She probably knows what the questions will be - then goes off on something totally different, thinking she is looking intelligent and cute. :cuckoo:

From the VP debate:

Ifill - Question: Governor, please, if you want to respond to what he said about McCain's comments about health care.

Palin - Answer: I'd like to respond about the tax increases. We can speak in agreement here that, darn right we need tax relief for Americans so that jobs can be created here. Barack Obama and Sen. Biden also voted for the largest tax increases in US history. Barack had 94 opportunities to side on the people's side and reduce taxes, and 94 times, he voted to increase taxes or not support a tax reduction. 94 times. That's not what we need to create jobs or really bolster and heat up our economy. we do need the private sector to be able to keep more of what we earn and produce. Government's going to have to learn to be more efficient and live with less if that's what it takes to rein in the government growth that we have seen today. But we do need tax relief and Barack Obama even supported increasing taxes as late as last year for those families making only $42,000 a year. That's a lot of middle income, average American families. To increase taxes on them - that is a way to kill jobs and continue to harm our economy.

International Issue ?

To both:North Korea is re-starting their nuclear reactors in the face of not being removed from the list of terrorist nations. Why have we not removed them and if president would one of your first duties be to remove them? If not, do you support military action against North Korea to get them to halt their nuclear ambitions once and for all?

Domestic Issue ?

To John McCain: The $700 billion rescue deal contained over $180 billion worth of pork. This is something you have made the centerpiece of your campaign and vowed to veto the first pork laden bill to cross your desk when you're elected president. Why have you not said anything about the pork in this bill that you voted for?

To Obama: The government has funds for medicare, medicaid and social security and has squandered those funds throughout the decade. If elected president, how can you ensure that the funds for universal healthcare will not also go bankrupt?

Economic Issue ?

To Obama: According to the US Census Beauru, the average American Household Income is $50,223. According to a Washington Post graph, the average American will save $319 under John McCain's plan and $1042 under your tax plan. With so many tax credits available today under our current tax law, 60% Americans will still not pay one dime in taxes. 95% of American families already don't pay any taxes. How is your plan going to help them save more money?

To McCain: In light of the recent $700 billion rescue deal that was just passed last week, do you think you'll delay your tax cuts, not cut taxes at all, or raise taxes?

Social Issue ?
To both: Do you believe that all Americans are equal and should be treated equally given the same rights and opportunities as every other American no matter what race, religion, gender or sexual prefernece? If so, why do the both of you discriminate against gay couple who want the right to get married? Do either of you support civil unions?

To both: How exactly would your administration deal with an Iran that has obtained a nuclear weapon?

To John McCain: You've said in the past that you will run a respectful campaign and not run any negative attack ads. Why have you now broken your promise?

To Obama: Bill Ayres is a noted domestic terrorist from the 1960s who on September 10th 2001 was interviewed saying he does not regret bombing government buildings. Can you once and for all, please elaborate on your involvment with Bill Ayres?

To both: What would you do to improve race relations between Blacks and whites in this country?

To both: Venezuela has now said they wish to have nuclear energy. How would your administration deal with Hugo Chavez and Venuezela?

To both: What do you love the most about this country?

To both: What do you feel needs to be changed about this country?

To both: Why should I vote for you?

I just wonder how "candid" these questions will be? To be honest I do not belive that either side goes into a debate without prior knowledge of what is going to be asked. IMO. :eusa_eh:

That could be true. I think the powers that be do see the questions ahead of time, perhaps to screen out really whacky people. But from what I understand the candidates are not supposed to know the questions.

Why should I watch the debate? They are two sides of the same coin. Bring a 3rd party into the debate and I'll watch.

And what good would that do at this point? You really think a 3rd party candidate has a snowballs chance in hell of winning? If what you suggest - "a watchable debate" with input that would matter .... try the Judge Judy show or the Jerry Springer show on TV! :lol:

And what good would that do at this point? You really think a 3rd party candidate has a snowballs chance in hell of winning? If what you suggest - "a watchable debate" with input that would matter .... try the Judge Judy show or the Jerry Springer show on TV! :lol:

You are underestimating the power of 3rd parties. On a local level, 3rd parties are very successful. Ross Perot and Ralph Nader forever changed Presidential elections in the United States. They didn't win, but they had a significant impact.

For the past 5 elections (at least), most people pick the lesser of two evils in the Presidential race. That's just silly. Unless you're a partisan hack, why would you choose the lesser of two evils? The better solution is to pick the candidate that you want to win. If enough people start treating national elections seriously rather than treating it like a football game where there is one winner and one loser, America would be a better place.

I would ask them how serious they are about ridding the capitol of its lobbyist infestation and how they plan to exterminate the vermin.

-Joe

You are underestimating the power of 3rd parties. On a local level, 3rd parties are very successful. Ross Perot and Ralph Nader forever changed Presidential elections in the United States. They didn't win, but they had a significant impact.

For the past 5 elections (at least), most people pick the lesser of two evils in the Presidential race. That's just silly. Unless you're a partisan hack, why would you choose the lesser of two evils? The better solution is to pick the candidate that you want to win. If enough people start treating national elections seriously rather than treating it like a football game where there is one winner and one loser, America would be a better place.

The only impact Nader made in 2000 was he handed the Presidency to the worst idiot ever born

The only impact Nader made in 2000 was he handed the Presidency to the worst idiot ever born

I wouldn't blame that on Nader. The Clinton Administration was corrupt. People needed another choice. And, of course, Bill Clinton was only elected because Bush I was a total disaster allowing Ross Perot to get a very large chunk of the Republican vote.

I agree that GWB has been a total disaster. Bill Clinton could have just as easily been a disaster, but he was a relatively weak President allowing real conservatives in Congress to keep him in line. My hope is that the same thing happens with Obama. Obama does change positions frequently, so there is a chance.

I would ask Obama how he sat in that church for 20 years and did not hear what the Rev. Jeramiah Wrighteouness had to say about the US of KKA. I would ask him if he were willing to take a lie detector test on that subject.
I would ask him about Rezko, and Ayers. That stuff matters to me.
I would ask him for a backup plan when he finds out there are not enough rich people to tax to pay for his policies. I would ask him how much money he has promised Africa.

I would ask McCain what he intends to do about illegal immigration. I would ask him to take a lie detector test on his answer. I would ask McCain if he is going to free Ramos and Campeon.
I would ask McCain if he is going to honor his vow not to sign legislation that has earmarks.
I would ask McCain what his views are on the Iranian threat.

Allowing a third party into this debate would probably not help that person win. However, it probably would open many peoples eyes and perhaps help to set up a real third party contender in the future. Also, on a local and state level it could help third parties. Also, Ralph Nader did not steal the election from Gore. Maybe if Gore had a better platform those people wouldn't have voted for Nader.

As for the question I would ask both candidates:

Considering that the Federal Reserve is the primary cause of our current financial crisis, would you as President take the steps necessary to abolish the Fed, return us to the gold standard, and balance the budget?

I know what their answer would be, but it'd be nice to hear them struggle to justify it.

I would ask Obama how he sat in that church for 20 years and did not hear what the Rev. Jeramiah Wrighteouness had to say about the US of KKA. I would ask him if he were willing to take a lie detector test on that subject.
I would ask him about Rezko, and Ayers. That stuff matters to me.
I would ask him for a backup plan when he finds out there are not enough rich people to tax to pay for his policies. I would ask him how much money he has promised Africa.

I would ask McCain what he intends to do about illegal immigration. I would ask him to take a lie detector test on his answer. I would ask McCain if he is going to free Ramos and Campeon.
I would ask McCain if he is going to honor his vow not to sign legislation that has earmarks.
I would ask McCain what his views are on the Iranian threat.

Please. Why would he free Ramos and Campeon?

Round two tonight. Obama needs a huge victory after he got his ass handed to him last time. Not to mention the way Palin bitch-slapped Biden all night in their debate.

Obama needs a huge night or it's going to get very ugly for him.

Last edited:
Round two tonight. Obama needs a huge victory after he got his ass handed to him last time. Not to mention the way Palin bitch-slapped Biden all night in their debate.

Obama needs a huge night or it's going to get very ugly for him.

:eek:

Man, I want what your having. That shit must be strong.

Forum List

Back