Tom's Tactical Tea Trickery

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
I got involved in tea when up in Boulder I almost ran over "Mo", the founder of Celestial Seasonings on his bicycle with a '64 Olds Jetstar. He waved his fist at me, which wasn't very smart because I still had a short fuse back in '73. I hopped out, and Mo decided discretion was the better part of valor and handed me a box of his "Morning Thunder" and peddled off to become a tea tycoon. Damn, that tea had a kick to it...like about 3 times the caffeine of my morning coffee. So anyway, I still like a glass of cold green tea with lemon and honey. But today I didn't have a lemon. SO, I brewed up some tea (10 bags of Lipton green decaf) and tossed in a cup of.....Minutemaid lemonade. Perfect. Honey is expensive and lemons are a mess so this is my new move.
yo2.gif

The-Best-Lemon-Iced-Tea-Recipe-from-RecipeswithEssentialOils.jpg

I got involved in tea when up in Boulder I almost ran over "Mo", the founder of Celestial Seasonings on his bicycle with a '64 Olds Jetstar. He waved his fist at me, which wasn't very smart because I still had a short fuse back in '73. I hopped out, and Mo decided discretion was the better part of valor and handed me a box of his "Morning Thunder" and peddled off to become a tea tycoon. Damn, that tea had a kick to it...like about 3 times the caffeine of my morning coffee. So anyway, I still like a glass of cold green tea with lemon and honey. But today I didn't have a lemon. SO, I brewed up some tea (10 bags of Lipton green decaf) and tossed in a cup of.....Minutemaid lemonade. Perfect. Honey is expensive and lemons are a mess so this is my new move.
yo2.gif

I drink (something like) this all summer. I don't brew it; I get a gallon of unsweet tea and two half-gallons (that's the way they sell it) of half-sweet or sugar-free lemonade, and just mix 'em 1:1. I come out with a delicious thirst quencher that's about one-sixth the sugar of that premade crapola they try to sell on the other shelf.

• Banned
yo2.gif

I drink (something like) this all summer. I don't brew it; I get a gallon of unsweet tea and two half-gallons (that's the way they sell it) of half-sweet or sugar-free lemonade, and just mix 'em 1:1. I come out with a delicious thirst quencher that's about one-sixth the sugar of that premade crapola they try to sell on the other shelf.

And here I thought I invented something....oh well. I reckon the sugar in the lemonade isn't as good for me as honey but it tastes the same. Funny thing is it doesn't taste all that good warm, but cold it's very refreshing with a nice aftertaste. I started by adding a couple tablespoons of the lemonade but it wasn't right until it was around 70/30. about the same as yours.

yo2.gif

And here I thought I invented something....oh well. I reckon the sugar in the lemonade isn't as good for me as honey but it tastes the same. Funny thing is it doesn't taste all that good warm, but cold it's very refreshing with a nice aftertaste. I started by adding a couple tablespoons of the lemonade but it wasn't right until it was about 50/50 same as yours.

Yeah you can buy it prepackaged but even the Trader Joe's brand has something like 24 grams of sugar in a 'serving' which is way beyond the pale.

I can't see putting honey in it but then I don't brew it hot, that would be the only way to do it.

I like the slices of lemon in the pic though. Or lime. If I could buy half-sweet or sugar-free limeade I'd prolly do it that way.

• Banned
Yeah you can buy it prepackaged but even the Trader Joe's brand has something like 24 grams of sugar in a 'serving' which is way beyond the pale.

I can't see putting honey in it but then I don't brew it hot, that would be the only way to do it.

I like the slices of lemon in the pic though. Or lime. If I could buy half-sweet or sugar-free limeade I'd prolly do it that way.

I was buying gallons of Arizona Ice Tea (brewed in New York City? somebody get a rope)...it's real tasty at around $3 but it has ginseng added to it and Doc told me that's a stimulant and not good for my BP.....the Lipton green decaf is healthy but too bland to drink straight.

yo2.gif

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

• Banned
yo2.gif

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Fuck off.

Forum List

Back