Tomorrow, this image will be on every newspaper

It is amazing how the Trumpians can scrabble to rationalize the embarrassment of The Donald being excluded from this funeral. They had to rationalize Trump being excluded from Barbara Bush's funeral. They had to rationalize Trump being excluded from the Royal wedding in May.

And this rationalization involves elevating boorish, immature behavior to suddenly being a virtue. "He tells it like it is!", they'll say. Telling it like it is never included insults, slights and fear mongering until the outsized yet fragile ego of Donald Trump became a political figure.

His comportment has done nothing to elevate our civil discourse. Quite the opposite. His comportment has done nothing to unite our nation. Quite the opposite. Consequently, his comportment has done nothing to make America great. Quite the opposite.

But the Trumpians are so deeply invested in the persona and behavior of this disgusting person that they are abandoning their own belief in ethics and civility. They excuse, they rationalize, they even celebrate the behavior of a spoiled brat. I pray they expect more of their children than they do of a president.

The Trumpians will insult the dead in order to elevate their petulant boy in the White House. One day, and that day cannot come soon enough, the Trumpians will awake from the spell cast upon them by this reality TV game show host. And on that blessed day, they will realize their shameful rationalizations. They will know what contrition means and we, the mature, reasonable, educated citizens should welcome them back into a civilized discussion on how our nation will continue .

Question: why would anyone need to rush to defend it? Who cares? I donā€™t care that Trump wasnā€™t at the funeral. Trump seems to be having a fine day. Itā€™s McCains funeral. He and his family can have whomever they want

The real embarrassment I see is rather than mourning, the media is using McCain even in death to play politics. Youā€™d think after the wellstone memorial fiasco they would have learned
The president should be the head of state. He should maintain the dignity of his office. He should, as an adult, realize that everything is not about him.

We've all been to a wake. And, as adults, we realize that, at that moment, the ceremony is about the departed.

Perhaps a four year old could act petulantly. But adults should take the responsibility and teach that four year old that there is solemnity involved and behavior should reflect that.
Tragically weā€™ve had inflicted upon the Nation a president who is a child, devoid of maturity, arrogant and self-centered, for whom everything must be about him ā€“ where every perceived enemy must be attacked and vilified, even after that perceived enemy has died.

Brilliant post, thanks!

Try setting the bar higher

It is amazing how the Trumpians can scrabble to rationalize the embarrassment of The Donald being excluded from this funeral. They had to rationalize Trump being excluded from Barbara Bush's funeral. They had to rationalize Trump being excluded from the Royal wedding in May.

And this rationalization involves elevating boorish, immature behavior to suddenly being a virtue. "He tells it like it is!", they'll say. Telling it like it is never included insults, slights and fear mongering until the outsized yet fragile ego of Donald Trump became a political figure.

His comportment has done nothing to elevate our civil discourse. Quite the opposite. His comportment has done nothing to unite our nation. Quite the opposite. Consequently, his comportment has done nothing to make America great. Quite the opposite.

But the Trumpians are so deeply invested in the persona and behavior of this disgusting person that they are abandoning their own belief in ethics and civility. They excuse, they rationalize, they even celebrate the behavior of a spoiled brat. I pray they expect more of their children than they do of a president.

The Trumpians will insult the dead in order to elevate their petulant boy in the White House. One day, and that day cannot come soon enough, the Trumpians will awake from the spell cast upon them by this reality TV game show host. And on that blessed day, they will realize their shameful rationalizations. They will know what contrition means and we, the mature, reasonable, educated citizens should welcome them back into a civilized discussion on how our nation will continue .

You know? I kinda like it. It crystally clear identifies who the corrupt insider elitist douchebags are.

:)

America turns a corner, we're with him, not you...

We're with him.

Meanwhile, another American hero and Vietnam vet works tirelessly and with honor to help remove the cancer from this country...

images

America needs heroes.
Well then weā€™re gonna need a much bigger hole!

Question: why would anyone need to rush to defend it? Who cares? I donā€™t care that Trump wasnā€™t at the funeral. Trump seems to be having a fine day. Itā€™s McCains funeral. He and his family can have whomever they want

The real embarrassment I see is rather than mourning, the media is using McCain even in death to play politics. Youā€™d think after the wellstone memorial fiasco they would have learned
Well letā€™s be honest here. Whereā€™d all this Trumpā€™s not attending blah blah come from? I didnā€™t hear about Trump refusing an invitation, did you? But I have heard some about all the meticulous planning that went into this whole farewell tour, with no shortage of input from the deceased himself in the selection process. They guy in the grave, shortly, knew who was on the invite list(s) and who was not would be my bet. And thatā€™s perfectly fine; itā€™s his last hurrah so he gets to orchestrate it however he wants to be remembered.

So, yeah, the lamestreamers are now all Johnnyā€™s pals again now that heā€™s gone. Gone as in bygone, as in bygone days when the lamers were all in runaway circle jerk over the ā€œnewsā€ that McCain was having an affair with some lobbyist hottie. Had to be true because they were quoting anonymous former aides and everything. Well theyā€™d turned on him quick back in those days, so a quick reversal to what a swell guy he was is expected. And you watch. Shortly down the road theyā€™ll be giving some of themselves Awards! For best this and best that and best brunette female street reporter boobs in her stationā€™s windbreaker award goes to...

They take themselves very seriously so we should show a little respect and try to keep the chuckling and snickering to a low murmur if possible. This thing should be over in another day or so as soon as they come up with whateverā€™s next on the playlist.

Forum List

Back