Tomorrow is Fathers day .. But mine is in heaven

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
It will be the 22nd fathers day without my dad. He died at 49 years old of a massive heart attack. Never got to say good bye to him. I miss him all the time and just once would love to get one of his bear hugs once again. One day I say , One day when I meet him in Heaven. I know he is watching over our family and he shows us signs alot.. Hubby is also has a fatherless fathers day his dad died 3 years ago. A lot fresher in our minds but he was very sick and suffered for 4 years before dying. No death is is easy but I feel when someone is that ill it is more bearable because you know their suffering is over. We miss them both so much . I was a big daddy's girl and always will be .

My Dad isn't here this Father's Day either....I lost him in 2008 to cancer.
I'm not quite sure he made it to heaven tho :-/

But....I miss him nonetheless.

Happy Father's Day...
:cool:
On This Father’s Day, Dads More Hands-On in Parenting Their Children, Survey Shows
June 17, 2012 – Most of fathers today (86 percent) say they are spending more time with their children than their own fathers spent with them. And 81 percent reported feeling financial pressure in their role as a father, according to a national survey by the Ad Council.
CNSNews spoke with Kenneth Braswell, the director of National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse at the Ad Council about the survey results. “As a dad myself, I know that my role has changed slightly, and I think that it’s a trend of compensating for economic pressures and who is at home and who is sharing the workload at home, he said. “Dads are doing more hands-on rearing of their children -- especially if you look 30-40 years ago, the paradigm of family development was the husband went to work, mom stayed at home, she took care of the kids, and dad came home and he paid the bills. That’s not the case today.” Braswell said parenting roles are shifting, as dads not only are needed to do more parenting, but are expected to.

As for the 81 percent of fathers who said they feel financial pressure, Braswell said this is the first time fathers have been asked that question in this particular poll: “I think that the reason that this number is so shocking to us is because we’ve never asked this question before. In asking the question, Braswell said they received responses such as, “Absolutely, as a father I feel financial pressure because I want to be a provider to my family and so there is a pressure in trying to be a responsible father to ensure that you are holding up your financial end of the bargain...”

In announcing the Father’s Day poll results, the Ad Council pointed to U.S. Census Bureau statistics noting that some 24 million children live apart from their biological fathers. However, according to the National Center for Home Education Statistics, even when fathers do not share a home with their children, their active involvement in their lives can have a lasting positive impact. The Ad Council’s national survey also found that 70% of today’s fathers admitted they could improve their parenting skills. “The survey validates the trend that family dynamics are changing for the best. Amidst their challenges, in general fathers are stepping up and becoming more active than ever in the lives of their children and families, said Braswell. “As the National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse, we are happy to see the national data to support this reality.”

Public Service Announcements run by the Ad Council urge men to “take time to be a dad today.” They also direct fathers to visit National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse for parenting tips, fatherhood programs and additional resources for fathers. Since the launch of its responsible fatherhood campaign in 2008, the Ad Council says it has received more than $145 million in donated media across television, radio, outdoor, print and digital. “Our survey showed that the vast majority of dads are looking forward to spending time with their children this Father’s Day,” said Peggy Conlon, president and CEO of the Ad Council. The survey was conducted nationwide May 1-11, 2012. The nationally representative sample consisted of 743 fathers, ages 18 and up.

Source

My Daddy has been gone 20 years this December, cancer at at 67 took him early. I miss him.......'kindest guy I ever knew'.*

The wars, the 'police actions', the years at sea.....and the beef got him.......................

My bio- is deceased, adoptive has already been called. Will call my cousin (?) *hard to tell with the generational split, but his dad was my dad's brother, however my dad was the youngest of nine so the generations are all skewed. My cousin has a daughter my age. Closest I can get to saying Happy Dad's Day in that neck of the woods, so I'll call him. :)

For those of you that are fatherless today.......
My heart to yours.

For those of you that still have a father.....
Tell him you love him. I told my father that I love him.

My real Dad died when he was 54....liver cancer.
My step father died when he was 72, all over cancer.....both were alcoholics....but I never really knew my real Dad either.

Mine died in 1997. I feel pretty close to him most of the time as we live in his old house....the house he built with his own hands and i was born and raised here. I miss him so much...as i do my mom who died in 1993. But i feel them both close.

Both my parents have moved on but I see them still in the expressions and personalities of my children..

I sometimes wonder if there's something in this re-incarnation belief...:confused:.

I was 17 when my dad died of a massive heart attack the Saturday before Father's Day. It was the year after JFK was killed and my dad got the same military funeral that Kennedy did. Watching his funeral on TV, all of us kids felt very proud that our dad got exactly the same honors as a great president, right down the folded flag given to our mother, "from a grateful nation".

Joe and I took Sarah and the boys to the cemetery today to visit both of their grandfathers. They happen to be buried fairly close together in the same cemetery.

Joe's father died before we met, so none of the kids ever knew him, but I think he would be happy with the family Joe made for himself. My youngest was born after my own father died, and Nicky was only five and doesn't really remember him, but Sarah was twelve then and very close to her grandpa.

It was very hard to get to know my dad, because he was almost completely deaf for as long as I knew him, but the older I get, the more I realize I learned from watching him. He was the Christian other Christians either aspire to be, or try to pretend they already are, but I never once in my life heard him tell anyone that he was a Christian. He never needed to; people just knew. Total strangers trusted him on sight. You could just look at him and know that he would never lie to you, never cheat you, never steal from you, never harm you.

He gave me hugs and kisses - usually if I initiated it - and would tell me he loved me if I said it first. He always seemed very pleased when I said it. Mostly, though, he wasn't very demonstrative, and not one of these newfangled dads with their "quality time". Mostly, he considered his job to be working as hard as he could to make sure his family was provided for, and we always were. And although we never played catch in the yard or did other father-child activities together, I realize now that he never missed a single one of the band and choir concerts I was in, or any of the football games my marching band played at. He never made any big deal out of it, or said anything; it was just understood that he would be the one to drive me there, and that he would be staying and watching me perform. I was in my thirties before I realized that he worked every other evening of the week at that time, and he must've gone in and rearranged his work schedule to make sure he was free those nights. He never said anything.

He spent years in a nursing home before he died, gradually getting weaker and having his body parts fail on him one by one. It was the job that finally got him, all those years working long hours every day with chemicals that eventually poisoned him. At his funeral, at least half of the people were employees of his nursing home. They all took turns standing up and telling us what a difference he made in their lives. Pretty interesting, considering he lost the ability to talk about a year after he moved in.

If there's anyone in the world who ever went to Heaven after he died, my dad was that person.

This is the first father's day in many years that I visited the cemetary. I do go there every year on July 27, the day he died in 1967. I drink a beer and leave a beer. He was a hard-working hard-drinking gambling man and a stranger to none. He always smelled like crude oil and whiskey.

WWII vet that would have turned 100 years old this August.

New Topics

Forum List

Back