Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!

Well, dear, you may have some trouble maintaining that big-family holiday feel you enjoy so much if you aren't willing to expand the family....

YOu'd think as your kids get older, your Christmas would get smaller...but mine just keeps growing.

This year my mom, son, his wife, their baby are all coming over on Christmas day. Followed by my sister, her husband, and her grown daughter and son on Saturday the 27th.

I haven't even wrapped anything yet. Been snowbound for a week, and feel like I didn't get my daughter enough!

But thankfully, this is where the relatives step in!

Yeah, well my kids are both special needs. Don't think it would be smart to risk it again. I wanted to adopt, but at the time the state wanted me to adopted to special needs girls and I didn't want to take on more than I could handle. Also, at that time, China wouldn't let us adopt as we already had kids. That's changed too, especially when the Chinese government figured out how much money they could make off of selling their children.

Guess I'll just have to be a grandparent by proxy to my sisters 4 grandkids. That, or just spend a lot of time next door. :lol:

You know what sucks about being pregnant this time of year? Everything makes me all weepy. I've had to start recording all my favorite TV shows, so that I can fast-forward through all the Christmas commercials and not end up blubbering. I was watching "It's a Wonderful Life" the other night, and bawling my head off, and I hadn't even gotten to the part where he meets Clarence on the bridge yet!

Just now, I was listening to Josh Groban's Christmas CD, and the messages back home from the soldiers that he included on "I'll Be Home For Christmas" have got me all sniffly.

Cry away. I don't think that sucks, just makes you more vulnerable and you KNOW it's hormones. I say, go for it, it's the real meaning.

You know what sucks about being pregnant this time of year? Everything makes me all weepy. I've had to start recording all my favorite TV shows, so that I can fast-forward through all the Christmas commercials and not end up blubbering. I was watching "It's a Wonderful Life" the other night, and bawling my head off, and I hadn't even gotten to the part where he meets Clarence on the bridge yet!

Just now, I was listening to Josh Groban's Christmas CD, and the messages back home from the soldiers that he included on "I'll Be Home For Christmas" have got me all sniffly.

That's okay, I do that and I'm not pregnant. :)

That's okay, I do that and I'm not pregnant. :)

I can see getting weepy at "It's a Wonderful Life" during the emotional climax. But during the dance at the gym, when the pool in the floor opens up?

Worse, my husband yelled at the dog the other day for something, and I burst into tears. :eek:

I can see getting weepy at "It's a Wonderful Life" during the emotional climax. But during the dance at the gym, when the pool in the floor opens up?

Worse, my husband yelled at the dog the other day for something, and I burst into tears. :eek:

My mom always told me how bad she felt for my dad when she was pregnant with my sister (her second). Everytime he looked at her, she'd start crying. :lol:

My mom always told me how bad she felt for my dad when she was pregnant with my sister (her second). Everytime he looked at her, she'd start crying. :lol:

God, if I'm spending the day in bed because my back hurts or something, my son - poor little guy - just kinda peeks around the doorframe and asks if there's anything I want that he can toss to me from there. He doesn't even want to come in the room.

He's been so terrific and solicitous about trying to take care of me while I'm pregnant.

My boys tippy toed around pretty seriously. They said I was crazy all through the last two pregnancies.

I don't remember being crazy at all. I remember having to do all the work...and everyone was out to get me.

And those damn voices..

My boys tippy toed around pretty seriously. They said I was crazy all through the last two pregnancies.

I don't remember being crazy at all. I remember having to do all the work...and everyone was out to get me.

And those damn voices..

One of my favorite bumper stickers "You're just jealous 'cause the voices aren't talking to you!"
:lol:

And those damn voices..

I don't feel as psycho as the expressions on my menfolk tell me I am, but I know I'm not like I normally am. Funny thing is, my best friend became friends with me right around the time that I got pregnant, so he's never known me any other way. He's always speculating on what I'm like when I'm not gestating. My husband just rolls his eyes and shakes his head when asked. Not sure I want to know what that means.

It's the loss of energy that's driving me nuts. I don't feel BAD, or excessively tired - although I nap most afternoons, which is normal - but I just feel lethargic, like a snake on a hot rock. I don't wanna sleep; I just don't wanna MOVE. Nice thing about being pregnant in winter is that I can crochet and sew while sitting around with my feet up, watching TV, so even lethargic, I'm getting stuff accomplished.

Okay. The first batch of fudge - with pecans - is finished and in the freezer, hardening up. As soon as I can turn it out of the pan and cut it up, I can start on the batch without nuts.

Man, who knew making candy could make your abdominal muscles hurt like that? Once that stuff gets stiff, it's hard to stir.

I just heard about a dear friend who died suddenly. When this happens close to Christmas, I'm no longer shocked.

Why not shocked? He/She sick or just the whole Christmas nearness kills them? What has this to do with this thread or Kittens stupid yawn? If I had a 'dear friend' that died, this was the last thing I'd of written or thread to post on.

Why not shocked? He/She sick or just the whole Christmas nearness kills them? What has this to do with this thread or Kittens stupid yawn? If I had a 'dear friend' that died, this was the last thing I'd of written or thread to post on.

It doesn't surprise me because I've lost quite a few dears ones over the holidays/

Kitten is going to hibernate. Some of us do that on Christmas. Why do you say Kitten's post is stupid?

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't surprise me because I've lost quite a few dears ones over the holidays/

Kitten is going to hibernate. Some of us do that on Christmas. Why do you say Kitten's post is stupid?

Comprehension problem? I never said her post was stupid, try again. As for your response, either it was disingenuous or very unclear.

Well tomorrow is wrapping day for myself and my 11 year old son. We will wrap everything except his stuff of course and I believe my wife already has that covered. Then we will give the house a once over and get ready for Santa. Not much extra going on this year. We seldom travel and we are not having anyone over Christmas Eve this year. So it's going to be nice.

I hope everyone has a great Eve and a great Christmas!

Forum List

Back