Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Time flies! This week is busy, today is my first day to really "breathe"-I'm cleaning the house from top to bottom, lucky me!

Yesterday we went to my daughter's grandma's house for our Christmas party, tomorrow my brother's house with all 30 of my inner family members, Christmas Day we are off to my fiancee's mom's house, Friday we celebrate with my daughter's grandfather (on her dad's side) ~Saturday I pass out.

Anyone else busy, busy, busy?

Time flies! This week is busy, today is my first day to really "breathe"-I'm cleaning the house from top to bottom, lucky me!

Yesterday we went to my daughter's grandma's house for our Christmas party, tomorrow my brother's house with all 30 of my inner family members, Christmas Day we are off to my fiancee's mom's house, Friday we celebrate with my daughter's grandfather (on her dad's side) ~Saturday I pass out.

Just getting ready to head for the grocery again, in a blizzard. Got to get brunch stuff and desserts. I'm done with any other shopping. If I don't have it, don't need it.

I've got grocery shopping to do.

Which reminds me...I've got to stop posting here right now.

Merry Christmas to those of you who won't be checking in before then

editec

My parent's and grandparent's are gone. The only parent we have left is my father in law and he will be coming here tomorrow, even if we have to get the neighbors and their van with chains on it to go get him. I have to get everything I can done today as I swore to myself I wouldn't be spending my birthday wrapping presents ever again. I'll be cooking my birthday dinner as the roads are so bad, there is no way to go out and, well, my husband only knows one way to cook a steak, burned.

Christmas dinner will be easy, prime rib roast. Wow, beef two days in a row, we never do that. Usually my birthday dinner is chinese food, it's the only time of the year I can talk my husband into it. No Chinese this year :( but we will probably get a white Christmas for the first time in 18 years :).

With my parents gone and my brother and sisters all having kids of their own that are married, some with kids, we don't get together at Christmas anymore and I miss that. I've spent quite a bit of time next door, just to soak up that big family feel.

There will be 5 of us for Christmas with the possible addition of my other next door neighbor who lives by herself and is suppose to drive up to Bellevue to spend Christmas dinner with her son. If the roads are this bad, I don't want her to drive, I told her to come over here instead. I hope she joins us. I hate to think of her driving these roads. We're not used to this kind of snow.

hwg377.jpg

Finishing up my last sewing project, my husband put in a last-minute order for fudge for the people at his job, making sure all the bills are paid up before Christmas Eve (the mail delivery in my area has been hosed the last couple of weeks, so I can't be sure I've gotten all the bills that were mailed, and it sucks out loud to miss one and have them shut something off on Christmas Eve, so you can't get it back on until the day after Christmas), stocking up on batteries and adaptors for any and all new electronic crap . . . No, what would make you think I was busy? ;)

I discovered that three days before Christmas is NOT the time for a woman who's 8 months pregnant to go anywhere NEAR a store. The heat from all the bodies pressed together combined with long line waits equals passed out on the floor if I'm not careful, and we're not even going to TALK about how much my abdominal muscles and back and hips complain. Thank God so many stores have little motorized scooters these days.

Oh, and while I'm ranting - I actually love everything about Christmas, but I'm 40 and pregnant, so I feel entitled to grouse a lot ;) - what is with people who go out to WalMart or Best Buy or Toys R Us three days before Christmas and think it's okay to slop their car into the parking space any old way and end up taking up two spaces? Yeah, because they ARE the only people in the city shopping that day. Santa's gonna skip THAT house this year.

I'm back from shopping, which took 3 hours, most of it driving. But done, except for 3 shallots, chives, and apple cider. :lol: Sending one of the kids for that. I had my son drive me, good thing as Costco was a zoo, the parking lot too. Couldn't push the carts down the aisles, too much snow.

Yesterday I bought most of the dinner stuff, I thought. Near $300 worth. Dropped another $70 at Costco today, breads, cake, and pie. Oh and the sparkling grape juice, though they can drink campaign now, they always want it, as that's what grandma and grandpa had.

From there went to Dominick's, one of our two 'major local' groceries. Another $108 for small quantities necessities. Things for the green bean casserole and such. It's impossible to find green peppercorns in brine, but the lady at Trader Joe's, yea stopped there too, told me to just deglaze with red wine, add shallots for reduction, then add cream. Sounds good to me. Bad as the weather is, other than Costco parking lot, everyone was merry and cordial. I really do love this time of year!
Merry Christmas!

Finishing up my last sewing project, my husband put in a last-minute order for fudge for the people at his job, making sure all the bills are paid up before Christmas Eve (the mail delivery in my area has been hosed the last couple of weeks, so I can't be sure I've gotten all the bills that were mailed, and it sucks out loud to miss one and have them shut something off on Christmas Eve, so you can't get it back on until the day after Christmas), stocking up on batteries and adaptors for any and all new electronic crap . . . No, what would make you think I was busy? ;)

I discovered that three days before Christmas is NOT the time for a woman who's 8 months pregnant to go anywhere NEAR a store. The heat from all the bodies pressed together combined with long line waits equals passed out on the floor if I'm not careful, and we're not even going to TALK about how much my abdominal muscles and back and hips complain. Thank God so many stores have little motorized scooters these days.

Oh, and while I'm ranting - I actually love everything about Christmas, but I'm 40 and pregnant, so I feel entitled to grouse a lot ;) - what is with people who go out to WalMart or Best Buy or Toys R Us three days before Christmas and think it's okay to slop their car into the parking space any old way and end up taking up two spaces? Yeah, because they ARE the only people in the city shopping that day. Santa's gonna skip THAT house this year.

:rofl:

My cousin once had a sweatshirt that said "I'd rather be 40 than pregnant"

You poor thing. I feel for you. Here's hoping you have a very Merry Christmas and a soon to be healthy and happy bundle of joy.

:rofl:

My cousin once had a sweatshirt that said "I'd rather be 40 than pregnant"

You poor thing. I feel for you. Here's hoping you have a very Merry Christmas and a soon to be healthy and happy bundle of joy.

I'm actually pretty excited. I expect the doctor will be amenable to inducing labor a bit early, since my last baby was induced two weeks early, and weighed in at 10 1/2 pounds, and this one looks to be following in his brother's footsteps. I'm completely ready to be done with the pregnant thing and move on to the Mommying thing. And hassles aside, there's nothing as wonderful as a new baby to cuddle and show off. I just like to bitch, because when else in life do you have such a completely justifiable reason to do so? ;) I keep telling people not to piss me off, because I have the perfect legal defense.

I'm actually pretty excited. I expect the doctor will be amenable to inducing labor a bit early, since my last baby was induced two weeks early, and weighed in at 10 1/2 pounds, and this one looks to be following in his brother's footsteps. I'm completely ready to be done with the pregnant thing and move on to the Mommying thing. And hassles aside, there's nothing as wonderful as a new baby to cuddle and show off. I just like to bitch, because when else in life do you have such a completely justifiable reason to do so? ;) I keep telling people not to piss me off, because I have the perfect legal defense.

There is nothing like a new baby. I love babies, as long as they're somebody elses and I can give them back.:lol:

40 and pregnant! Bless your heart...I was 38 and pregnant...then 39.

Grouse away!

40 and pregnant! Bless your heart...I was 38 and pregnant...then 39.

Grouse away!

Just for the record, my doctor and I have already discussed my desire to be wheeled directly from the delivery room into the operating room to have this little possibility removed from the menu forever after. Even if I didn't already have three (counting this one), I just would not feel good about taking that kind of genetic gamble again.

There is nothing like a new baby. I love babies, as long as they're somebody elses and I can give them back.:lol:

Well, dear, you may have some trouble maintaining that big-family holiday feel you enjoy so much if you aren't willing to expand the family....

YOu'd think as your kids get older, your Christmas would get smaller...but mine just keeps growing.

This year my mom, son, his wife, their baby are all coming over on Christmas day. Followed by my sister, her husband, and her grown daughter and son on Saturday the 27th.

I haven't even wrapped anything yet. Been snowbound for a week, and feel like I didn't get my daughter enough!

But thankfully, this is where the relatives step in!

Well, dear, you may have some trouble maintaining that big-family holiday feel you enjoy so much if you aren't willing to expand the family....

YOu'd think as your kids get older, your Christmas would get smaller...but mine just keeps growing.

This year my mom, son, his wife, their baby are all coming over on Christmas day. Followed by my sister, her husband, and her grown daughter and son on Saturday the 27th.

I haven't even wrapped anything yet. Been snowbound for a week, and feel like I didn't get my daughter enough!

But thankfully, this is where the relatives step in!

My husband and I actually just realized this morning that there isn't a single present under the tree just for me this year. My big present is a psaltery he ordered for me from a guy in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the sucker is wending its way slowly through the mail system. We've been so busy thinking about gifts for Nicky and my friend, Danny (Danny's mom is a Jehovah's Witness, so this is his very first Christmas), plus making scads of baked goods for people we know well enough to gift but not enough to buy presents for, that we more or less totally forgot each other.

My husband and I actually just realized this morning that there isn't a single present under the tree just for me this year. My big present is a psaltery he ordered for me from a guy in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the sucker is wending its way slowly through the mail system. We've been so busy thinking about gifts for Nicky and my friend, Danny (Danny's mom is a Jehovah's Witness, so this is his very first Christmas), plus making scads of baked goods for people we know well enough to gift but not enough to buy presents for, that we more or less totally forgot each other.

I think you're carrying the gift to you both. Enjoy, grouse, and enjoy!

You know what sucks about being pregnant this time of year? Everything makes me all weepy. I've had to start recording all my favorite TV shows, so that I can fast-forward through all the Christmas commercials and not end up blubbering. I was watching "It's a Wonderful Life" the other night, and bawling my head off, and I hadn't even gotten to the part where he meets Clarence on the bridge yet!

Just now, I was listening to Josh Groban's Christmas CD, and the messages back home from the soldiers that he included on "I'll Be Home For Christmas" have got me all sniffly.

Forum List

Back