Tomorrow I Close ALL My Accounts With Wells Fargo Bank...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I JUST heard about this on Fox News, and could NOT believe my ears. I have banked with Wells Fargo for over fifteen years, and have a sizable amount of money in their bank, but tomorrow, I will close ALL accounts and cut all ties with Wells Fargo Bank, and say hello to Bank One.

Christian conservative group dropping Wells Fargo over gay issues

Saturday, December 3, 2005

Focus on the Family, the conservative Christian group based in Colorado Springs, is withdrawing funds from Wells Fargo because of its alleged involvement in "pro-gay" causes.

"Focus on the Family has elected to end its banking relationship with Wells Fargo, motivated primarily by the bank's ongoing efforts to advance the radical homosexual agenda. These efforts are in direct opposition to the underlying principles and purpose of Focus, and thus a decision of conscience had to be made, and a stand taken," said a statement on the Focus Web site.

The group did not return a call by The Associated Press on Saturday. The statement did not say how much money it had deposited with Wells Fargo.

The group told the Rocky Mountain News that the Wells Fargo logo was used in an Internet fund-raising campaign for a "fight against the 'anti-gay industry' — a group that pro-gay organizations have stated includes Focus on the Family."

San Francisco-based Wells Fargo & Co. is the fifth largest U.S. bank by assets.

Chris Hammond, a vice president of business development for Wells Fargo, said the bank provided a $50,000 grant to support the leadership counsel of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, but had not authorized its logo to be used for the Internet fund-raising campaign and did not approve of it. The company did not agree to match contributions as the group advertised, he said.

"That being said, we do support many communities, and we're proud to be a diverse organization," Hammond said. "We're proud of our support of the GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) community."

"We simply made a grant to one of many nonprofits Wells Fargo supports in the San Francisco Bay area," Hammond said. He said he told Focus officials that the bank contributes to many charities, "including nonprofit agencies Focus on the Family believes in."

Focus replied by broadening its criticism, the News reported. The group said a Gay Pride Festival event in San Francisco, called Leather Alley, had been staged in the parking lot of a Wells Fargo branch.

Focus said Wells Fargo's Web site shows the bank has donated more than $14 million to pro-gay organizations in the last two decades.

Glennda Testone, spokeswoman for GLAAD, said in a written statement, "Thankfully, corporate America knows that discriminating against a group of people based on who they love is not only bad for business, it's just plain wrong."

"Let's just call this what it is — another attempt by an anti-gay group to try and intimidate companies into not supporting or doing business with gays and lesbians," Testone said of the action by Focus.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/12/03/state/n175550S78.DTL

Those fine people at Wells Fargo offered Katrina victims a three month grace period on their mortgage with the total due on the third month. Some people had no choice but to accept the offer now they will lose their house. They are scum.

rcajun90 said:
Those fine people at Wells Fargo offered Katrina victims a three month grace period on their mortgage with the total due on the third month. Some people had no choice but to accept the offer now they will lose their house. They are scum.

Truthfully, when I opened my accounts with Wells Fargo, it was half on a romantic notion of the old name of the business. I like old west stuff, so Wells Fargo got my business. Not any more. All the money comes out tomorrow.

I have an appointment with a Wells Fargo home loan agent that WILL get canceled. If asked "why" I'm canceling, I'll be polite, but I will tell her in no uncertain terms, that the banks policies in support of the queer communtiy are in stark contrast with my personal beliefs, and that I can NOT support a business with those practices.

those google ads make this really a fun thread.

Wells Fargo Online

Gay Pride

and Rainbow Depot are advertised to me. :teeth:

I guess the owner of the board unknowingly supports the GLBT agenda.

15yrs ago went back to BofA...Wells Fargo rips ya off many different ways...
My daughter closed her account with them 4yrs ago and came over to BofA...
I hear Bank One is okay...but I'll stay with my old BofA... :cow:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
nosarcasm said:
those google ads make this really a fun thread.

Wells Fargo Online

Gay Pride

and Rainbow Depot are advertised to me. :teeth:

I guess the owner of the board unknowingly supports the GLBT agenda.

I know for a FACT that the owner of this board does NOT support ANYTHING to do with faggots. He's voiced this opinion dozens of times here. That's good enough for me.

archangel said:
15yrs ago went back to BofA...Wells Fargo rips ya off many different ways...
My daughter closed her account with them 4yrs ago and came over to BofA...
I hear Bank One is okay...but I'll stay with my old BofA... :cow:

My parents bank with Bank One, and have been very happy with them. That's where I was headed. But just for shits and grins, I might check out BofA arch before I do.

Pale Rider said:
I know for a FACT that the owner of this board does NOT support ANYTHING to do with faggots. He's voiced this opinion dozens of times here. That's good enough for me.

I suspect the Google Adsense that he installed to pay for some of the server
costs scans content and selects ads that might fit the interests
of the participants. They scanned your Wells Fargo line, and Gay etc stuff.

Then they are ready to sell to us.

So unknowingly his site is advertising for the Rainbow depot. Another
website I quit their ad thing when it advertised some Nazi stuff.
The Jewish owner was not amused.

The artificial Intelligence is just not smart. Otherwise they d advise
other banks and you might check em out right now.

You are aware that Microsoft supports the gay agenda alot. From the
land of evil you d exepct nothing else would you. I assume Apple is not
better.

Can you say Linux.

Pale Rider said:
My parents bank with Bank One, and have been very happy with them. That's where I was headed. But just for shits and grins, I might check out BofA arch before I do.
Around here, about a month ago, Bank One turned to Chase.

Boy...I am sure loosing focus on the family is really going to crush wells fargo...it's not as if they have a few billion in assets. I wonder does focus have a few billion in assets?

nosarcasm said:
I suspect the Google Adsense that he installed to pay for some of the server
costs scans content and selects ads that might fit the interests
of the participants. They scanned your Wells Fargo line, and Gay etc stuff.

Then they are ready to sell to us.

So unknowingly his site is advertising for the Rainbow depot. Another
website I quit their ad thing when it advertised some Nazi stuff.
The Jewish owner was not amused.

The artificial Intelligence is just not smart. Otherwise they d advise
other banks and you might check em out right now.

You are aware that Microsoft supports the gay agenda alot. From the
land of evil you d exepct nothing else would you. I assume Apple is not
better.

Can you say Linux.

Yes I understand and was aware of what you've pointed out.

I can only hit the people that I disagree with in the pocket when the opportunity arrises. Changing banks won't adversly effect my life... much. So I'll do it. Other things that are completely out of my reach to affect, I have to just suck it up and live with it.

Pale Rider said:
I JUST heard about this on Fox News, and could NOT believe my ears. I have banked with Wells Fargo for over fifteen years, and have a sizable amount of money in their bank, but tomorrow, I will close ALL accounts and cut all ties with Wells Fargo Bank, and say hello to Bank One.

And here I've been wondering which of several accounts I have to close in order to consolidate my banking. Thanks for resolving the issue. ;)

GunnyL said:
And here I've been wondering which of several accounts I have to close in order to consolidate my banking. Thanks for resolving the issue. ;)

No prob Gunny. My parents, after I told them about it and sent them the article, they will be closing their W.F. accounts tomorrow as well.

Pale Rider said:
No prob Gunny. My parents, after I told them about it and sent them the article, they will be closing their W.F. accounts tomorrow as well.

And that's what the Huckleberry's in general don't get. It takes a lot of small numbers to impact big companies, but the numbers do add up. Especially true if those same small customers are also avoiding the larger accounts at say the same bank, say because of Christmas or something. :laugh:

Kathianne said:
And that's what the Huckleberry's in general don't get. It takes a lot of small numbers to impact big companies, but the numbers do add up. Especially true if those same small customers are also avoiding the larger accounts at say the same bank, say because of Christmas or something. :laugh:

That's right Kath. And who knows how many people this article will affect being posted here. My parents have considerably more money than I, but together, our money isn't something a branch would sneeze at. I'd have concern about all that money leaving if I was a branch manager.

I considered chuckleberry's response a knee jerk, uniformed, no continued education, liberal response, not deserving a following comment.

Mr. P said:
I hate banks, but my mattress is soft!

Frankly, I hate banks too Mr. P. If I thought I could accomplish all the things I want to do without using a bank, I would...

... and my mattress is air. :D

Pale Rider said:
That's right Kath. And who knows how many people this article will affect being posted here. My parents have considerably more money than I, but together, our money isn't something a branch would sneeze at. I'd have concern about all that money leaving if I was a branch manager.

I considered chuckleberry's response a knee jerk, uniformed, no continued education, liberal response, not deserving a following comment.

Agree with all except the last one. Continued education doesnt always make smarter people. In fact it usually generates larger idiots with bigger egos.

insein said:
Agree with all except the last one. Continued education doesnt always make smarter people. In fact it usually generates larger idiots with bigger egos.

OK insein, I can agree with that. So let me change that reference to "high school drop out".

Forum List

Back