Tommy Tuberville era at Auburn comes to an end

This is stupid on Auburn's part. As a BAMA alum, I am taught to hate everything Auburn, but this was dumb.

My boss is an Auburn grad and he thinks Tuberville is God. I would say the majority of the Alum are going to hate this move.

Personally, I think he is a great coach. I don't now if Auburn will find another coach with as much composure and a game management ability. I will trade him for "Phony" Al Groh that we have at Virginia any day of the week.

My boss is an Auburn grad and he thinks Tuberville is God. I would say the majority of the Alum are going to hate this move.

Personally, I think he is a great coach. I don't now if Auburn will find another coach with as much composure and a game management ability. I will trade him for "Phony" Al Groh that we have at Virginia any day of the week.

Well, he is on the market. The problem that Auburn will face now is finding a coach that can recruit like Saban. They are going to have to match that hire if not one up it. With Tubs gone, Saban now owns that state.

Damn, first Fulmer, now Tuberville. If Les Miles leaves LSU, I'm not gonna have a coach left to hate.

I've heard Auburn's looking at Mike Leach, but I doubt he'll leave Tech after the amazing year they've had.

Damn, first Fulmer, now Tuberville. If Les Miles leaves LSU, I'm not gonna have a coach left to hate.

Join me in hating Houston Nutt. The guy is like a god at Ole Miss, and he hasn't even done anything. Most of the players out there this year weren't even his recruits.

Oh, and of course, Spurrier and Meyers. *shivers* Gross.

I heard a rumor that Auburn was looking at Houston Nutt, too. But that's because I live in Fayetteville and everything always comes back to Houston Nutt.

I've heard Auburn's looking at Mike Leach, but I doubt he'll leave Tech after the amazing year they've had.

See I don't get that either. Tuberville just lost his job for trying out the Tony Franklin system. Why would they want a coach that runs that same system. Mike Leach runs the Tony Franklin system. It is a more pass heavy version of it, but it is the same offense. I knew they were retarded in Auburn, but I didn't know it was terminal.

Join me in hating Houston Nutt. The guy is like a god at Ole Miss, and he hasn't even done anything. Most of the players out there this year weren't even his recruits.

Oh, and of course, Spurrier and Meyers. *shivers* Gross.

I heard a rumor that Auburn was looking at Houston Nutt, too. But that's because I live in Fayetteville and everything always comes back to Houston Nutt.

I can get on board with that. :cool: I hate Spurrier and Mile, but I don't see them every year. We play Ole Miss every year, so I get on board with that. There is no way Nutt is leaving Ole Miss.. If that wins a bowl game, they'll give him a lifetime contract. :lol:

Besides, you can't hate Petrino. He and Saban both have that "We were good NCAA coaches who went to the NFL and got our asses handed to us so we crawled back to the NCAA even though we said we wouldn't" thing in common.

See I don't get that either. Tuberville just lost his job for trying out the Tony Franklin system. Why would they want a coach that runs that same system. Mike Leach runs the Tony Franklin system. It is a more pass heavy version of it, but it is the same offense. I knew they were retarded in Auburn, but I didn't know it was terminal.

Tuberville lost his job for the same reason Nutt lost his last year. They'd both been there too long, and they never made anything amazing happen.

Tuberville lost his job for the same reason Nutt lost his last year. They'd both been there too long, and they never made anything amazing happen.

I don't know. A perfect season in the SEC is pretty special. Of course that was a year after they tried to shove Tuberville aside in favor of Petrino.

Besides, you can't hate Petrino. He and Saban both have that "We were good NCAA coaches who went to the NFL and got our asses handed to us so we crawled back to the NCAA even though we said we wouldn't" thing in common.

I don't hate Arkansas at all. Call it a sibling rivalry. I love going to Fayetteville for games.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
I don't understand hating Tubervile. He has always seemed like a solid coach to me. His ability to manage the game and handle his players is impressive. I think Auburn will be very sorry down the road. Saben has had a great year, yes, but how many of his present quality players did he recruit?

I don't understand hating Tubervile. He has always seemed like a solid coach to me. His ability to manage the game and handle his players is impressive. I think Auburn will be very sorry down the road. Saben has had a great year, yes, but how many of his present quality players did he recruit?

I never said I didn't respect him as a coach.

Not many. But if you're doubting Saban's recruiting power, you're insane.

Actually there are alot of key players that are Saban recruits. Mark Ingram and Terrance Cody come to mind. We are a pretty young team. If he has a good replacement for John Parker Wilson lined up then we should be okay next year too.

Forum List

Back