Tommy the taxer cares more about unions than police.

Dreadnaught1968

Oh crap!
Sep 10, 2010
America's Dairyland
Apparently Tommy the taxer Barrett cares more about unions than police officers. Isn't that nice? Governor Walker was there, but not Tommy boy.

Mayor Barrett was meeting with union organizers when he missed police memorial

MILWAUKEE - It turns out, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett was in Oshkosh talking with union organizers when he missed an event in Milwaukee honoring law enforcement in southeast Wisconsin, including Milwaukee Police officers.

Law enforcement officials are angered and looking for answers after Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett did not attend two separate law enforcement recognition ceremonies this week, including one that recognizes Milwaukee police officers killed in the line of duty.

On Tuesday evening, the Milwaukee police department held their annual Merit Awards Ceremony. Mayor Barrett was scheduled to be at that event. Organizers tell me he canceled so late that there wasn't even time to take his name off the program. It was on the printed program that evening.

On Wednesday, the annual ceremony to honor the courage and sacrifice of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty was held. Organizers say Mayor Barrett said he would be there. He wasn't. Governor Scott Walker was there; Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn was there; Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke was in attendance; Attorney General JB Van Hollen showed up; Milwaukee District Attorney John Chisholm and Milwaukee Police Association President Mike Crivello were there. Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett was not there.

Newsradio 620 WTMJ's John Mercure caught up with the Mayor Thursday and asked where he had been during the events. The Mayor and his staff couldn't remember where they were at the time. "I was working. I was… I'll have to get back to you about the specifics," the mayor told John.

The Mayor's campaign never got back with specifics. But we've now learned about his appearance in Oshkosh.

On Wisconsin's Afternoon News today, you'll hear what the Mayor was saying to union leaders in Oshkosh as his police department was remembering officers who were killed in the line of duty.

Link: Mayor Barrett was meeting with union organizers when he missed police memorial - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

Forum List

Back