Tommy Franks in 2008?

Mar 18, 2004
Who do you think is gonna run for Republican President in 2008? I was thinking Giuliani... but what about Franks? Anyone here anything about maybe him running for office someday? And if it were between him and Giuliani for Republican, who would you want?

Lets get through the next 9 days first.

No kidding, at least let me vote against Kerry first, then I can start thinking about 2008 and whether I will finally find somebody to vote for.

fubar said:
Pat Buchannon ?

I think Pat is more of an isolationist than a conservative. i mean he agrees with alot of what we stand for but i think he misses alot of things like the vitalness of winning the war on terror.

Rudy Giuliani, will NEVER get the GOP nomination for President unless he suddenly changes his views on abortion and gay rights (he is pro-choice and supports gay rights). The religious right picks the GOP Presidential candidate. That's the primary reason that Bush beat McCain in 2000. Bush kowtows to the religious right and McCain doesn't.

acludem

acludem said:
Rudy Giuliani, will NEVER get the GOP nomination for President unless he suddenly changes his views on abortion and gay rights (he is pro-choice and supports gay rights). The religious right picks the GOP Presidential candidate. That's the primary reason that Bush beat McCain in 2000. Bush kowtows to the religious right and McCain doesn't.

acludem

You know, it's funny how in the other thread you were talking about how "honest" Kerry is, now you say Bush was kowtowing. Kerry is the worst I've seen about trying to be all things to all people.

"I'm pro-choice, but I'm pro-life."
"I'm pro-gun, but I'm anti-gun."
"I'm pro-war, but I'm anti-war."
"I realize the importance of international allies, but I'm going to insult and degrade the ones we have."

Kerry has kowtowed to the undecided voters that lean conservative to the point of pissing off the majority of his base. Bush is not kowtowing, he is following what he believes. We know where Bush stands, Kerry is all over the place.

Jimmyeatworld said:
You know, it's funny how in the other thread you were talking about how "honest" Kerry is, now you say Bush was kowtowing. Kerry is the worst I've seen about trying to be all things to all people.

"I'm pro-choice, but I'm pro-life."
"I'm pro-gun, but I'm anti-gun."
"I'm pro-war, but I'm anti-war."
"I realize the importance of international allies, but I'm going to insult and degrade the ones we have."

Kerry has kowtowed to the undecided voters that lean conservative to the point of pissing off the majority of his base. Bush is not kowtowing, he is following what he believes. We know where Bush stands, Kerry is all over the place.

You left one out:

"I'm for fair elections, Unless I lose."

Flying Duck said:
You left one out:

"I'm for fair elections, Unless I lose."

That seems to be the entire Democratic Party. Maybe somebody like Tommy Franks would be a good choice to run. He's already called them on the bs more than once, so it would at least be fun to see how a campaign would go.

"I'm consistent. I'm for the war when speaking to a pro war audience... against the war when speaking to an anti-war audience. That's not filp flopping -- that's pandering!" - John F. Kerry, Saturday Night Live...

-Cp said:
I'd vote for Michael Savage...:)

I agree with a lot of what Savage says, I just don't like the way he says it sometimes. I like for someone to be straight forward and blunt when it calls for it, but Savage can be downright rude and hateful. I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Scarborough get back into politics, though.

Forum List

Back