Tomi Lahren kicked off the Blaze

Tomi Lahren to The View: ‘I’m Pro-Choice’

It appears that Tomi, who worked for Glen Beck, is being let go after coming out on the view in favor of abortion rights. She says it's because she wants less government.

Well then, if murder is no longer punishable by the government I reckon she has a point.

BTW: How many blonds does it take to read the Constitution?

It takes 2, one to draw the pictures and the other to look up the pictures in a dictionary.

Her point is that she's constitutionalist and for limited government, therefore gov't should not be deciding what women do with their bodies. In a way, I agree with her. I just don't get why conservative think that someone who is pro-choice can't be conservative.

I'm neither, or perhaps both, pro-choice (early pregnancy, first 3-4 months) and pro-life (after first 3-4 months). Woman doesn't wake up and just realize she's 6 months pregnant and decide she doesn't want the baby. If she didn't abort it in first 3-4 months, she shouldn't abort it at all, unless her life is in danger.

The problem is, our politicians and media are so exclusive and won't compromise, not just on this issue, but pretty much on everything. They need the status quo to stay in power. One of the reasons why Tomi lost her job.

Her point is that she's constitutionalist and for limited government, therefore gov't should not be deciding what women do with their bodies. In a way, I agree with her. I just don't get why conservative think that someone who is pro-choice can't be conservative.

Because Conservatism is first and foremost about the conservation of the individual. Our foundation of first principles rests in the inalienable right to live. If you're not living, nothing else matters. You can't be conservative AND pro-choice, it's a fundamental conflict of principle.

THAT SAID... I am a conservative-libertarian. While I personally have a strong pro-life view, I respect the fact that we live in a democratic republic where people and states are free to decide their own parameters. I don't have a problem with the people of a state voting to either ban or allow abortion to a certain extent (1st trimester). I can't support abortions after the 1st trimester under any circumstance unless it is a medical emergency where the mother's life is endangered.

Because Conservatism is first and foremost about the conservation of the individual. Our foundation of first principles rests in the inalienable right to live. If you're not living, nothing else matters. You can't be conservative AND pro-choice, it's a fundamental conflict of principle.

THAT SAID... I am a conservative-libertarian. While I personally have a strong pro-life view, I respect the fact that we live in a democratic republic where people and states are free to decide their own parameters. I don't have a problem with the people of a state voting to either ban or allow abortion to a certain extent (1st trimester). I can't support abortions after the 1st trimester under any circumstance unless it is a medical emergency where the mother's life is endangered.

You're saying conservatism is a conservation of the individual, I'm saying it's about belief in individual freedom and personal responsibility, meaning that my life is my own, and that I do not belong to the government, and that my goals and dreams should not be sacrificed to the whims of others.

Having said that, you can't be libertarian and not to be pro-choice, witch is base for individual freedom. Some compromise have to be made.

You're saying conservatism is a conservation of the individual, I'm saying it's about belief in individual freedom and personal responsibility, meaning that my life is my own, and that I do not belong to the government, and that my goals and dreams should not be sacrificed to the whims of others.

Having said that, you can't be libertarian and not to be pro-choice, witch is base for individual freedom. Some compromise have to be made.
...meaning that my life is my own, and that I do not belong to the government, and that my goals and dreams should not be sacrificed to the whims of others.

I'm saying the same thing, I'm just applying it to life in the womb. Imagine a little unborn child saying exactly what you just said.

So much for freedom....

The far right is insane

Conservatism is about Right and Wrong. There us,no place for Freedom in that equation.

Abortion is a grey area especially if your a guy and really don't have a say on the matter after you pulled it out...

Tomi is right what happened to limited government?

I understand that for men, they need a woman's consent to have a baby and they don't really have a say.

But having a baby ties you to that man for the rest of your life. Regardless of what happens in your relationship, you're tied to him for the rest of your life - more than marriage even. So you need to be REALLY sure about this guy before you have a child with him, and trust him to stand with you come what may.

How many men do you know who go around fathering children but don't pay child support, or even see their kids after the marriage ends? How many children end up living in poverty when their parents' relationship end?

The decision to have a baby is the most important decision a woman makes because unlike marriage, motherhood IS forever. To take that choice away, is to condemn women to be slaves to their biology - something that no man would abide.

Anybody who resents being forced to buy healthcare insurance as a violation of his freedom has no business telling a woman she has to carry a child she doesn't want or can't afford, to term. Pregnancy is a total violation of your body. The nausea, vomiting, and hormonal assault are brutal. You have to really really want to have a baby to go through with it.

...meaning that my life is my own, and that I do not belong to the government, and that my goals and dreams should not be sacrificed to the whims of others.

I'm saying the same thing, I'm just applying it to life in the womb. Imagine a little unborn child saying exactly what you just said.

All I am saying that there need to be compromise. Is it three months, or four, or whatever... as long it stays as it is, there will be constant battle for all or none.

All I am saying that there need to be compromise. Is it three months, or four, or whatever... as long it stays as it is, there will be constant battle for all or none.

But that's the thing... you can't compromise on life. There is no compromise. This is a first principle issue. You either support life or you don't. Conservatives support life. Tomi Lauren supports choice over life.

Forum List

Back