Tomb Raider 2018

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
The first actual good adaptation of a video game into a movie. It takes HEAVILY from both the Tomb Raider reboot game & the latest game. The scenes from the game are portrayed near perfectly in the movie.
The actress, whom I didn't think could pull off the role, did a great job.
Don't go in expecting the "traditional" tomb raiding badass. This movie was CLEARLY set up as her origin story and I fully expect this will be a trilogy. She didn't even get her signature dual pistols until seconds before the credits rolled.

8/10

Critics seem to dislike the movie but most of them are not exactly familiar with the source material. Having played every Tomb Raider game this movie is faithful to that material when you consider that this movie is a foundation for what's to come with both the gaming franchise as well as the movies being rebooted.

The first actual good adaptation of a video game into a movie. It takes HEAVILY from both the Tomb Raider reboot game & the latest game. The scenes from the game are portrayed near perfectly in the movie.
Don't go in expecting the "traditional" tomb raiding badass. This movie was CLEARLY set up as her origin story and I fully expect this will be a trilogy. She didn't even get her signature dual pistols until seconds before the credits rolled.

8/10

Critics seem to dislike the movie but most of them are not exactly familiar with the source material. Having played every Tomb Raider game this movie is faithful to that material when you consider that this movie is a foundation for what's to come with both the gaming franchise as well as the movies being rebooted.
I was actually going to give this a pass. The Jolie version really kind of sucked so I wasn't holding out much hope for this one.

Maybe I'll put it back on the list.

• Banned

8/10

I was actually going to give this a pass. The Jolie version really kind of sucked so I wasn't holding out much hope for this one.

Maybe I'll put it back on the list.
It's a fun movie especially if you are a fan of the source material. I would say it's closer to an Indiana Jones movie than Angelina's movie interpretation of Laura Croft.
A great popcorn & smile movie.

Forum List

Back