Tomb of St. Philip the Apostle Discovered in Turkey

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
HIERAPOLIS, Turkey – A tomb believed to be that of St. Philip the Apostle was unearthed during excavations in the ancient Turkish city of Hierapolis.

Italian professor Francesco D'Andria said archeologists found the tomb of the biblical figure -- one of the 12 original disciples of Jesus -- while working on the ruins of a newly-unearthed church, Turkish news agency Anadolu reported Wednesday.

"We have been looking for Saint Philip's tomb for years," d'Andria told the agency. "We finally found it in the ruins of a church which we excavated a month ago."

Tomb of St. Philip the Apostle Discovered in Turkey - FoxNews.com

Very cool! I wonder why he ended up in Turkey?

They went all over. Thomas supposedly went to India, where there's a population called the Thomas Christians, especially in the Kerala province on the SW coast.

Interesting. I need to read up on what became of the apostles. I didn't know they ventured out of the holy land. Thanks for the info

How certain are they that it's his tomb.

And USC, i know you were joking, but Christ did come to America.

I actually read about the first 1/4 of the book of Morman while sitting with a sick friend in a hospital a while back.

I saw it as a pretty funny con job by the founder, Smith wasn't it?
the secret password to get into heaven and many other secret society kinds of things.
The incredible pressure moremoans bring on others that question moremoanism, etc in currect moremoan religion.

So no I was not joking.
I think it is pretty silly actually.

They went all over. Thomas supposedly went to India, where there's a population called the Thomas Christians, especially in the Kerala province on the SW coast.

My wife and I visited St. Thomas's tomb in Chennai. It's on top of a hill and very beautiful.

My wife and I visited St. Thomas's tomb in Chennai. It's on top of a hill and very beautiful.

Were you on a pilgrimage? My wife's been on THREE - Poland, England, France. I need to go on one of those one of these days. I LOVE the old cathedrals and the history around them - but these private pilgrimiges, you get to see all the cool stuff that ordinary tourists never get near

I actually read about the first 1/4 of the book of Morman while sitting with a sick friend in a hospital a while back.

I saw it as a pretty funny con job by the founder, Smith wasn't it?
the secret password to get into heaven and many other secret society kinds of things.
The incredible pressure moremoans bring on others that question moremoanism, etc in currect moremoan religion.

So no I was not joking.
I think it is pretty silly actually.

YOu have to understand the weird movements going on in Western NY at the time Smith began his scam.

New Topics

Forum List

Back