Tom Welling FINALLY back.set to star in Lucifer.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Smallville is my favorite tv show ever made.Welling is an amazing actor.The way he delivered his lines on that show is what really made me hold my attention to that show.He is a very underrated actor.

Understandably he is very picky about what roles he chooses is why we have not seen him in any major movie roles since the end of smallville having spent countless thousands of hours behind the camera with the lead role on that show which is why he has only appeared in three movies since then,all very minor brief roles.

I dont know anything at all about this show but I will this fall when i start watching it. Glad to see him finally get back into the mix of it. Can understand the delay though,he needed a break after having to carry Smallville for ten years.

TOM WELLING BREAKING NEWS, PHOTOS, AND VIDEOS

SAT, 22 JULY 2017

Tom Welling Breaking News, Photos, and Videos | Just Jared

Tom Welling Joins 'Lucifer' Cast, First TV Role Since 'Smallville'!

Smallville is my favorite tv show ever made.Welling is an amazing actor.The way he delivered his lines on that show is what really made me hold my attention to that show.He is a very underrated actor.

Understandably he is very picky about what roles he chooses is why we have not seen him in any major movie roles since the end of smallville having spent countless thousands of hours behind the camera with the lead role on that show which is why he has only appeared in three movies since then,all very minor brief roles.

I dont know anything at all about this show but I will this fall when i start watching it. Glad to see him finally get back into the mix of it. Can understand the delay though,he needed a break after having to carry Smallville for ten years.

SAT, 22 JULY 2017

Smallville got worse with each season. By the end, I was only watching because I'd already invested so much time in it. :lol: The show started surprisingly well, though. I'm not a Superman fan, and I thought the first few seasons were a lot of fun.

I like Lucifer. I wonder if I'll keep thinking of Superman when I see Welling on screen? :p

SAT, 22 JULY 2017

Smallville got worse with each season. By the end, I was only watching because I'd already invested so much time in it. :lol: The show started surprisingly well, though. I'm not a Superman fan, and I thought the first few seasons were a lot of fun.

I like Lucifer. I wonder if I'll keep thinking of Superman when I see Welling on screen? :p

I KINDA agree with you sorta.I am guessing you never liked it so if that is the case,I have to disagree with you wholeheartedly. The first three seasons I LOVED the show.

After the third season where they brought in Lois Lane into Smallville and actually had the audacity to have her LIVE with the Kents,the show then went downhill from there on out and lost its magic that it had the first three seasons.:( they did have SOME good episodes though in that season so I stuck with it that year.

That was the year he graduated and got out of high school. Once he got out of high school though the fifth season,i could not take the show anymore the shows got more and more stupid throughout the year so I stopped watching it entirely after the fourth season after he graduated.

The main reason I disagree whole heartedly is the second season of that show is the best imo. The show got much better the second season than the first with more interesting storylines. .That one episode with Chistopher Reeve in it is touching where Clark and his father hug each other at the end with clark scared that he was sent there to earth to conquer.that particular episode is powerful enough to be a motion picture.that you could release it as a film in MOVIE THEATERS.:thup:

I never liked Whitney either so I was glad to see him gone after the first season..He added nothing to the show.The show for sure improved the second season.The third season was not as great as the second one but still very good though.:thup:

so I KINDA agree with you,the fourth season was painful for me to watch since half the shows were so horribly written and then the fifth season,ALL the shows were so bad that I got to where i would still watched that year but i would ONLY watch the scenes with Lana in them and fast forward through all the scenes she was not in.:D

the sixth season? I decided to stop entirely since like i said,by the fifth year i was only watching the scenes that had Lana in them.LOL.

Last edited:
It may be that the second or third season was better than the first. It's been long enough since I watched it that I can't really be sure. I just remember a pretty steady decline, but that decline may have only begun in the fourth season.

I definitely enjoyed the first 3 seasons, but I don't know if I could go back and watch the show again. I certainly wouldn't put it anywhere near the top of my list of favorite TV shows. :)

As I said, I enjoy Lucifer, it is one of my favorite current network shows. Good for Welling on getting the gig.

It may be that the second or third season was better than the first. It's been long enough since I watched it that I can't really be sure. I just remember a pretty steady decline, but that decline may have only begun in the fourth season.

I definitely enjoyed the first 3 seasons, but I don't know if I could go back and watch the show again. I certainly wouldn't put it anywhere near the top of my list of favorite TV shows. :)

As I said, I enjoy Lucifer, it is one of my favorite current network shows. Good for Welling on getting the gig.

Yeah the decline for sure did not begin till season four when the idiots brought in Lois Lane.that is correct.:thup:

Oh okay,well then this is probably the ONLY time I have ever agreed with you on anything before then.:D

Glad to hear that you DID enjoy the first three years.:thup: Like i said,had it not been for Lois Lane I think I would have enjoyed the fourth season as well but her presence in that show betrayed the essence of the show since he is not suppose to meet her till he moves to Metropolis.:mad:

They should have just had her pass through and have him meet her briefly like they did in that one excellent episode where they did that with Perry White when he was just a low level journailst struggling with his career at that point.:thup: That worked with him just passing through there and then going back to metropolis.That is what they should have done with her as well.they really screwed it up and it became a joke at that point.:mad:

Oh I CONSTANTLY watch the first three seasons ALL THE TIME:D.I have seen every episode of all those 3 seasons at LEAST 4 times each.:D I own those seasons on DVD. The only reason in fact I am only not watching it now because I am now renting through my library,Beauty and the Beast that Kristen Kreuk is in.:):biggrin:

I never saw that show when it was on all those years because I was too busy watching Smallville after buying the DVD's:biggrin: as well as other classic tv shows from the 70's and 80's like CHIPS,Hawaiii five Oh,Starskey and hutch,Airwofl,ect,ect,i could go on and on.lol I only decided watching it recently because a friend of mine mentioned she enjoyed Kruek not only in Smallville but Beauty and the beast as well so that reminder of that show made me start watching it and guess what?

I think Beauty and the beast is now my second favorite show after smallville.:D I love her in that show as well. I dont think I have ever been so much in love with an actress since i was a kid.I have to go all the way back to my days growing up when I had a poster of Loni Anderson on my wall to remember an actress i was so much in love with.:lmao: I dont fall in love with just ANY actress.

I also got to meet John Schneider at a comiccon last summer.I was nervous as hell when i approached him because him and welling are both like my heros.

If i ever get the chance to meet Kristen Kreuek,I think I would be speechless and unable to talk,she is so much a goddess that I would be too scared to talk that i would just be lost for words.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Yeah the decline for sure did not begin till season four when the idiots brought in Lois Lane.that is correct.:thup:

Oh okay,well then this is probably the ONLY time I have ever agreed with you on anything before then.:D

Glad to hear that you DID enjoy the first three years.:thup: Like i said,had it not been for Lois Lane I think I would have enjoyed the fourth season as well but her presence in that show betrayed the essence of the show since he is not suppose to meet her till he moves to Metropolis.:mad:

They should have just had her pass through and have him meet her briefly like they did in that one excellent episode where they did that with Perry White when he was just a low level journailst struggling with his career at that point.:thup: That worked with him just passing through there and then going back to metropolis.That is what they should have done with her as well.they really screwed it up and it became a joke at that point.:mad:

Oh I CONSTANTLY watch the first three seasons ALL THE TIME:D.I have seen every episode of all those 3 seasons at LEAST 4 times each.:D I own those seasons on DVD. The only reason in fact I am only not watching it now because I am now renting through my library,Beauty and the Beast that Kristen Kreuk is in.:):biggrin:

I never saw that show when it was on all those years because I was too busy watching Smallville after buying the DVD's:biggrin: as well as other classic tv shows from the 70's and 80's like CHIPS,Hawaiii five Oh,Starskey and hutch,Airwofl,ect,ect,i could go on and on.lol I only decided watching it recently because a friend of mine mentioned she enjoyed Kruek not only in Smallville but Beauty and the beast as well so that reminder of that show made me start watching it and guess what?

I think Beauty and the beast is now my second favorite show after smallville.:D I love her in that show as well. I dont think I have ever been so much in love with an actress since i was a kid.I have to go all the way back to my days growing up when I had a poster of Loni Anderson on my wall to remember an actress i was so much in love with.:lmao: I dont fall in love with just ANY actress.

I also got to meet John Schneider at a comiccon last summer.I was nervous as hell when i approached him because him and welling are both like my heros.

If i ever get the chance to meet Kristen Kreuek,I think I would be speechless and unable to talk,she is so much a goddess that I would be too scared to talk that i would just be lost for words.:biggrin:

I've been that way with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I watched all 7 seasons beginning-to-end I think 8 times. It's been some years since I did a Buffy binge, though. There are too many other things to watch. :lol:

I'm excited for The Defenders coming out in a couple of weeks. The Marvel Netflix shows are good, and such higher production quality than the network shows usually are.

Kreuk is certainly a good looking woman. :)

I've been that way with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I watched all 7 seasons beginning-to-end I think 8 times. It's been some years since I did a Buffy binge, though. There are too many other things to watch. :lol:

I'm excited for The Defenders coming out in a couple of weeks. The Marvel Netflix shows are good, and such higher production quality than the network shows usually are.

Man I cant believe you could sit through that crap show. See that is the difference in Buffy and Smallville is i ONLY watched Buffy once in a great blue moon because I like Sarah Michelle Geller and she was hot in that show.

I was broken hearted when they cancelled that one show she was in where she played two twin sisters,That one WAS a good show.:(. see that is the difference between smallville and Buffy is as much as I am in love with Kreuk,I would not have been able to sit through and watch Buffy even with her in it.

Kreuk is certainly a good looking woman. :)

yeah like i said,i got to go back to the days of Lonnie Anderson from WKRP that i was so much in love with an actress from a show.:biggrin:

I mean Allison Mack who plays Chloe on that show,she is not something to kick out of bed.:D she is a pretty girl as well.If Kruek was not on that show with her, then I would probably have been telling people all the time back then i like the scenes that she is in the fact she is pretty.

But Kreuk is such a goddess that when Mack stands next to her,its unfair to Mack because Krueks beauty just makes you forget all about her and you lose complete interest in Chole and forget about her since even though she is a very pretty girl,she just pales in comparison to Kreuk and because of that,you dont even pay attention to her in the scenes she is in with her since Kreuk is not like any mere mortal human,she is a goddess.:D so you can understand why I lose interest in Mack if she is in a scene with Kreuk?.:D

It was the same situation in season three when Lex was dating this woman for a few episodes who was an actress who was very very pretty as well.if not for Kruek,i would have been drooling over her but because Kreuk is such a goddess,the scenes that she had with the beautiful actress that played Lex's girlfriend,i just lost interest in looking at her since Kruek has that magical effect on me.:D

as I said,i was nervous enough as it was standing next to John Schneider trying to figure out what i was going to say to him the fact I love his acting so much and he is in my top five favorites of favorite actors and I loved him so much as Jonathan kent..Imagine how speechless i would have been unable to talk around Kreuk?:biggrin:

the only reason i was able to start talking with schneider was he put me at ease when he spoke to me.He is a really funny guy and he makes you laugh as he did with me,others that have met him,have said the same thing as well.:)

SAT, 22 JULY 2017

Really? I thought it got better as it went along with the addition of the Flash and Aquaman and Supergirl and the Legion and so on.

Man I cant believe you could sit through that crap show. See that is the difference in Buffy and Smallville is i ONLY watched Buffy once in a great blue moon because I like Sarah Michelle Geller and she was hot in that show.

I was broken hearted when they cancelled that one show she was in where she played two twin sisters,That one WAS a good show.:(. see that is the difference between smallville and Buffy is as much as I am in love with Kreuk,I would not have been able to sit through and watch Buffy even with her in it.

Smallville never had close to the fun, witty dialogue of Buffy. I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon.

SAT, 22 JULY 2017

Really? I thought it got better as it went along with the addition of the Flash and Aquaman and Supergirl and the Legion and so on.

No, I hated most of the later additions. They were poorly written and acted IMO. I didn't like some of the changes to, and eventual loss of, the Clark/Lex dynamic, either.

SAT, 22 JULY 2017

damn then you got poor taste in story writing then I am afraid. The thing that made the show magical was the presence of John Schneider as Jonathan Kent.

I never was a fan of Schneider on the dukes of hazard.I did not think he was a very good actor back then but he got MUCH better over the years after that and was an excellent actor when smallville came on.

Mater of fact I was at first opposed to the idea of Schneider having the role because he was too young for what the role has always been in the comics and movies,an older man.But hearing how he delivered the lines,I was sold on him and glad they decided to make him younger to appeal to the younger audience.that turned out to be a genius move on their part.:thup:

I tolerated the asinine move of Lois Lane being on the show when she came on.I just pretended her name was Linda Levin so that was how I did not let that change bother me too much.However the fifth season.the shows writing got so horrible it was a joke. Schneider was a MAJOR factor in why the show was so fun to watch,when they killed him off,they migh as well have ended the show right then and there.:mad:

It was not that I was against the idea of him dying in the show.I would have been fine with the move but it was WAYYYY too soon.should not have happened until the final season.:mad:

SAT, 22 JULY 2017

No, I hated most of the later additions. They were poorly written and acted IMO. I didn't like some of the changes to, and eventual loss of, the Clark/Lex dynamic, either.

Yeah same here. they were very very poorly written and acted and there were no episodes that made me want to watch over and over again.once was plenty enough as it was.That whole supergirl thing was corny as hell.

.They clearly just did that to add another pretty face to the mix since Lana was gone by then and Chole was just another guy to Clark from day one so they brought her in so the guys would another pretty face to look at,nothing more. I agree as well that when Clark and Lex became enemies the fifth season,the chemistry dynamic they had was completely gone after that.

after we got introduced to his fortress of solitude in antartica and he defeated Zod and that woman,the show should have long been over at that point.four seasons was long enough to make it a memorable series.

btw,I blew it with Lonnie Anderson,never trying to get the chance to meet her.would nit want to meet her now,she is old and not good looking at all now.I dont plan to make the same mistake with Kristen.I have GOT to meet this lady someday while she still has her good looks.I just wont try and talk,i wouldnt be able to in the first place i would be so mesmerized by her beauty.:D

Forum List

Back