Tom Tancredo: "Obama won because we didn't have a literacy test"

[

Even Republicans soundly rejected what Tancredo was preaching

I guess that goes back to all the tea party supporters' insistence that they weren't Republican. No, they are to the far crackpot right of normal Republicans.

Today's first speaker at the their convention? Some woman whose going to give a talk on the correlation between President Obama and Marxist Latin American dictators.

lol seriously.

No, they are to the far crackpot right of normal Republicans.

That is why they scare the hell out of Republicans running in moderate areas of the country.

"You want me to put WHAT into my platform??"

It's been proven with simple tests that Republicans know more about how the government works than Democrats. I don't care what party you belong to, I don't care if you are an independent, if you don't pay attention then please do not vote, it's the uneducated vote that is killing this country. Politicians of all parties rely on the " stupid vote" to get elected.

They they rely on you to remain stupid and keep re-electing them.

You nailed it. This is exactly why Fox has great ratings.

This one's for you Zona__

Republicans vs Democrats: Who Knows More? // Current

Are these the same republicans who said there are WMD's. Are these the same repubicans who said we should be at war with Iraq? Are these the same republicans who still think Sadaam had something to do with 9/11?

Oh yeah, go republicans.

Well aren't you a little tyrant.

These people still pay taxes and are affected by what the government does so why shouldn't they have a say in how it works?

Because you don't like the way they vote?

You miss my point entirely, I don't mind at all that people vote, but I do mind an UNEDUCATED ONE. They cancel an educated vote out. My daughter-in-law is a very educated DEMOCRAT, I am a CONSERVATIVE- we agree on many issues but we have our differences. She is an EDUCATED VOTER on the issues and the candidates. I appreciate her. I DO NOT appreciate the voter who goes to the polls and can not tell you the name of the current VICE PRESIDENT, has ZERO knowledge of CONGRESS, The Senate and how they work. They are the UNEDUCATED VOTE. They have no business voting until they get EDUCATED on the issues and the candidates.

If you want to try to educate people fine, but voting is not a privilege it is a right so even if they remain uneducated you shouldn't try to take their vote away.

I agree. Anyone who thought there were WMD's or who thought Iraq had something to do with 9/11 SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE. :)

Well lets face it.........anybody knows that the Dums thrive on ignorance of the electorate. Sheeeet..........they have to send out thousands of people just to get them to the polling places and they are told WHO to vote for. They could be voting for Boob McNut and they wouldnt know it.............

All you have to do to figure out without a shadow of a doubt how Obama got elected is google Howard Stern + Harlem New York + video..............and hear the Obama supporters claim that "I dont think Sarah Palin being on the ticket with Obama is a bad thing......to keep him from being president!!"

You cant make this sh!t up...............profoundly absurd.

If the people had to pass a minimal literacy civics test before voting, a Democrat would never be elected to virtualy any office!!!

Agreed. That howard stern clip proved that every single black person who voted is just like those people on that HOWARD STERN clip.

You sir are an idiot. How many clips did he toss before he got the ones he needed?

Idiot.

This is why most of us who created this movement did not support a convention, it wasn't meant to be a party or to draw the fringe kooks out of the woodwork.

In short, others have now taken what we have built and turned it into their politics as usual crap replete with this moron Tancredo and his unamerican 'requirment' to vote.

This is why most of us who created this movement did not support a convention, it wasn't meant to be a party or to draw the fringe kooks out of the woodwork.

In short, others have now taken what we have built and turned it into their politics as usual crap replete with this moron Tancredo and his unamerican 'requirment' to vote.

There are a few of you with the right intentions it seems. Thats fine, but where were you during bush's spending fiasco? Seriously.

If you protested Bush or said anything negative about him, you would be considered a traitor. What changed?

The dixie chicks were the only ones and look what happened to them back then.

Well lets face it.........anybody knows that the Dums thrive on ignorance of the electorate. Sheeeet..........they have to send out thousands of people just to get them to the polling places and they are told WHO to vote for. They could be voting for Boob McNut and they wouldnt know it.............

All you have to do to figure out without a shadow of a doubt how Obama got elected is google Howard Stern + Harlem New York + video..............and hear the Obama supporters claim that "I dont think Sarah Palin being on the ticket with Obama is a bad thing......to keep him from being president!!"

If the people had to pass a minimal literacy civics test before voting, a Democrat would never be elected to virtualy any office!!!

Agreed. That howard stern clip proved that every single black person who voted is just like those people on that HOWARD STERN clip.

You sir are an idiot. How many clips did he toss before he got the ones he needed?

Idiot.

Does anyone actually believe that Howard Stern listeners should be allowed to vote?

I grew up in the 60s.
This Bozo reminds me of George Wallace.
It is truly amazing that the followers do not know that it is all an act.

There are a few of you with the right intentions it seems. Thats fine, but where were you during bush's spending fiasco? Seriously.

If you protested Bush or said anything negative about him, you would be considered a traitor. What changed?

The dixie chicks were the only ones and look what happened to them back then.
If you have noticed, I have commented about this a number of times.

I knew there was no point to the Iraq war outside of 'saving face' that a withdrawl would have lost, and once the Northern Alliance had smashed teh taliban and chased out Al Qaeda the Afghan war was won, in both cases the USA sent ground troops that started the insurgence.

Since its unrealistic to ask you to sift through 13,000+ posts, I can tell you I have brought up Bush's idiotic persriction drup plan, his letting credit card companies write the laws on them (2005), no child left behind and countless other idiotic and wasteful spending Chimpola fostered on us for years.

Barry is busy giving us Bush's third term and we ALL should be opposing him.

Oops, I may have given that ironic post of the week award out prematurely.

You nailed it. This is exactly why Fox has great ratings.

This one's for you Zona__

Republicans vs Democrats: Who Knows More? // Current

Are these the same republicans who said there are WMD's.

You mean like these people?

What Democrats said about Weapons of Mass Destruction :lol:

Are these the same repubicans who said we should be at war with Iraq?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Are these the same republicans who still think Sadaam had something to do with 9/11?

Oh yeah, go republicans.

Actually Pres. Bush said that there wasn't evidence that Hussein did 911, however, Al Qaida and Hussein had ties that went back a decade which is documented.

"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th," Bush said. "What the vice president said was is that he (Saddam) has been involved with al-Qaida."

I would like to thank you Zona.

I previously posted the top 10 liberal lies, you gave me too more. Thank you.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1978892-post1.html

I'll add on. Thanks.

You miss my point entirely, I don't mind at all that people vote, but I do mind an UNEDUCATED ONE. They cancel an educated vote out. My daughter-in-law is a very educated DEMOCRAT, I am a CONSERVATIVE- we agree on many issues but we have our differences. She is an EDUCATED VOTER on the issues and the candidates. I appreciate her. I DO NOT appreciate the voter who goes to the polls and can not tell you the name of the current VICE PRESIDENT, has ZERO knowledge of CONGRESS, The Senate and how they work. They are the UNEDUCATED VOTE. They have no business voting until they get EDUCATED on the issues and the candidates.

If you want to try to educate people fine, but voting is not a privilege it is a right so even if they remain uneducated you shouldn't try to take their vote away.

I agree. Anyone who thought there were WMD's or who thought Iraq had something to do with 9/11 SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE. :)

:lol:

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

These people still pay taxes and are affected by what the government does so why shouldn't they have a say in how it works?

They aren't paying taxes if they're illiterate and uneducated. They're likely living off of other peoples' labors. Personally, I think if you're receiving any free government hand outs, food stamps, section 8, Medicaid, you should be purged from the voting rolls until you start paying your own way and contribute to society.

Yes they are, it's something called sales tax and politicians can and do effect those as well.

If they're an adult citizen in this country they should have a right to vote. Period.

Idiot.

Does anyone actually believe that Howard Stern listeners should be allowed to vote?

*raises hand*

But fine if you got Howard Stern I'm going after Rush.

Wow, you went to a lot of work, but there still were no WMD.

Of course Obama won because the Voters were stupid.
That is why the Democratic party will never allow any test for stupidity to make one ineligible for voting. It would cost them too dearly.

And like the test for smarts with the republican party has been working......

Should your name be on that list?

Wow, you went to a lot of work, but there still were no WMD.

And you know this because?

Nice try, what he said was we need people who are litterate in American civics. Anyway, it's not like he suggested that Obama should be serving him coffee or anything like that.

Just because he isn't directly racist, doesn't mean he can't be indirectly racist.

I read the article, he says Obama won due to no literacy test. Did you read it?

Referring to the fact that many voted for Obama based strictly on what they heard and not what they knew.

I will admit...it was not the best thing to say....but neither was "negro dialect"....yet I see both as innocent mistakes.

Negro dialect was an innocent mistake to you I am sure...but this thing is a tragedy to you.

that is exactly right

Tea Party opening speaker suggests law that kept blacks be kept from voting be reinstated | Raw Story

The opening night speaker at the Tea Party convention suggested a return to a "literacy test" to protect America from presidents like Obama -- a segregation-era method employed by southern US states to keep blacks from voting.

In his speech Thursday to attendees, former Republican congressman Tom Tancredo invoked the loaded pre-civil rights era buzzword, saying that President Barack Obama was elected because "we do not have a civics, literacy test before people can vote in this country."

Southern states used literacy tests as part of an effort to deny suffrage to African American voters prior to Johnson-era civil rights laws.

"Prior to passage of the federal Voting Rights Act in 1965, Southern (and some Western) states maintained elaborate voter registration procedures whose primary purpose was to deny the vote to those who were not white," a website for civil rights veterans explains. "In the South, this process was often called the 'literacy test.' In fact, it was much more than a simple test, it was an entire complex system devoted to denying African-Americans (and in some regions, Latinos) the right to vote."

"Because the Freedom Movement was running "Citizenship Schools" to help people learn how to fill out the forms and pass the test, Alabama changed the test 4 times in less than two years (1964-1965)," the site adds. "At the time of the Selma Voting Rights campaign there were actually 100 different tests in use across the state. In theory, each applicant was supposed to be given one at random from a big loose-leaf binder. In real life, some individual tests were easier than others and the registrar made sure that Black applicants got the hardest ones."

Tancredo called Obama a "committed socialist ideologue," and referred to him by his full name, Barack Hussein Obama.

Why doesn't he just come out and say how he really feels. :eusa_think:

So seeing as such was the reason for literacy tests back then is the same reason he would suggest it now.

So are you saying he is a racist?

All things done back then are done for the same reason now?

Are you sure?

For real??? Are you kidding??

That's all for me, brother. I need to excuse myself from this thread. I don't want to use bad language, for one. And for another, my stomach is already in knots after reading only a few posts. Later.

Forum List

Back