Tom Tancredo: "Obama won because we didn't have a literacy test"

You really think most republicans of any race know that much about government?

It's been proven with simple tests that Republicans know more about how the government works than Democrats. I don't care what party you belong to, I don't care if you are an independent, if you don't pay attention then please do not vote, it's the uneducated vote that is killing this country. Politicians of all parties rely on the " stupid vote" to get elected.

They they rely on you to remain stupid and keep re-electing them.

You cannot get more irony into one post. Good work, Mable.

So, Libs are calling black illiterate and incapable of learng civics, is that about right?

What's wrong with having a civics test? Shouldn't voters be able to name three of the Founding Fathers and have some vague idea as to what the Constitution actually says?

What's wrong with having a civics test? Shouldn't voters be able to name three of the Founding Fathers and have some vague idea as to what the Constitution actually says?

Disfranchising voters who don't vote the way you want Frank isn't good no matter which way you spin it.

Besides, I don't think you wouldn't want Sarah Palin to lose her right to vote.

Disfranchising voters who don't vote the way you want Frank isn't good no matter which way you spin it.

How the fuck is having to name three Founding Fathers or knowing the basics of the Constitution "Disenfranchising" anyone?

How?

How the fuck is having to name three Founding Fathers or knowing the basics of the Constitution "Disenfranchising" anyone?

How?

Civics test wasn't even the main thing offered up. And besides, you seem to ignore the whole "Literacy test" comment.

Uh no because being able to vote is a right that's guaranteed to all citizens over the age of 18 (save felons). You shouldn't have to earn a right, especially not one as important as voting.

Even an illiterate homeless guy living under a bridge has a right to vote. The actions of elected officials impact him too.

Our government is responsible for and responsible to all Americans, not just the educated or the wealthy.

It was an incredibly dumb thing for Tancredo to say...the most obvious implication has heavy racial overtones and I think its a waste of time to try to defend that. Do I know if Tancredo is a racist or not? No. But at worst, he was promoting an incredibly cruel and racist method to unfairly deny black people their right to vote...and best, he was trying to make a point that uninformed voters shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I will admit that while watching the videos of morons stating that they were voting for Obama and just loved his running mate, Sarah Palin, I said to my husband - "Shouldn't you at least have to prove that you know who the candidates are - who their running mates are - and a few of their positions before you vote?" But for a politician to say something similar in such an obviously racial way was...as I said before, either racist or stupid....and I'm not sure which one Tancredo is at the moment.

It was an incredibly dumb thing for Tancredo to say...the most obvious implication has heavy racial overtones and I think its a waste of time to try to defend that. Do I know if Tancredo is a racist or not? No. But at worst, he was promoting an incredibly cruel and racist method to unfairly deny black people their right to vote...and best, he was trying to make a point that uninformed voters shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I will admit that while watching the videos of morons stating that they were voting for Obama and just loved his running mate, Sarah Palin, I said to my husband - "Shouldn't you at least have to prove that you know who the candidates are - who their running mates are - and a few of their positions before you vote?" But for a politician to say something similar in such an obviously racial way was...as I said before, either racist or stupid....and I'm not sure which one Tancredo is at the moment.

Makes you realize there should be some sort of intelligence test before you can run for public office

How?

Or knowing that Korea is two countries, and Africa is a continent.

It's reasonable to assume that the Tea Party movement chose Tom Tancredo as their first speaker as a way of letting Americans know what the Tea Party movement is. This is their first national convention. This is a venue for Americans to get to know them.

Tom Tancredo was their way of introducing themselves.

It's reasonable to assume that the Tea Party movement chose Tom Tancredo as their first speaker as a way of letting Americans know what the Tea Party movement is. This is their first national convention. This is a venue for Americans to get to know them.

Tom Tancredo was their way of introducing themselves.

Tancredo hasn't changed his tune in five years. The fact that teabaggers embrace his message shows where the movement is headed.

Even Republicans soundly rejected what Tancredo was preaching

These people still pay taxes and are affected by what the government does so why shouldn't they have a say in how it works?

They aren't paying taxes if they're illiterate and uneducated. They're likely living off of other peoples' labors. Personally, I think if you're receiving any free government hand outs, food stamps, section 8, Medicaid, you should be purged from the voting rolls until you start paying your own way and contribute to society.

I agree with what Frank said, it's the liberals who are making it racial.

They are assuming blacks are illiterate. Tsk tsk tsk.

[

Even Republicans soundly rejected what Tancredo was preaching

I guess that goes back to all the tea party supporters' insistence that they weren't Republican. No, they are to the far crackpot right of normal Republicans.

Today's first speaker at the their convention? Some woman whose going to give a talk on the correlation between President Obama and Marxist Latin American dictators.

lol seriously.

Well lets face it.........anybody knows that the Dums thrive on ignorance of the electorate. Sheeeet..........they have to send out thousands of people just to get them to the polling places and they are told WHO to vote for. They could be voting for Boob McNut and they wouldnt know it.............

All you have to do to figure out without a shadow of a doubt how Obama got elected is google Howard Stern + Harlem New York + video..............and hear the Obama supporters claim that "I dont think Sarah Palin being on the ticket with Obama is a bad thing......to keep him from being president!!"

You cant make this sh!t up...............profoundly absurd.

If the people had to pass a minimal literacy civics test before voting, a Democrat would never be elected to virtualy any office!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back