Tom DeLay Finds Obama Stimulus House of Horrors

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
The proposal is full of welfare — welfare for local governments, welfare for people, subsidies for health insurance, expanding the federal government’s involvement in our educational system,” DeLay tells Newsmax.

What the estimated $820 billion plan amounts to is “just complete, out-and-out writing of checks to people that don’t pay taxes,” DeLay observes. “These are welfare checks that are called tax cuts.”

In general, “I’m very frightened of what I see. What I see is a president that is probably the best that I’ve ever seen, coming from the left, at saying one thing and doing another,” DeLay says.

Newsmax.com - Tom DeLay Finds Obama Stimulus House of Horrors

The Democrats are lying to the public....SHOCKING!

Of course he does. Good old De-LAY once told someone I know that if the repubs had power NY wouldn't ever get anything because he hates NY.

He must really hate this bill.

Cool!

or maybe he just realizes that government welfare won't stimulate the economy.

But maybe you think food stamps are better than tax cuts too

maybe people realize that the so called stimulus, aka the biggest most wasteful government spending bill in our lifetimes, that a large chunk of that trillion dollar manna from Barry money isn't going to be spent for two years or more.

Don't Distract Me With Facts - WSJ.com

CBO, a group of economists whose head is appointed by Democratic Congressional leaders, reported on Sunday that less than $4 billion of the $30 billion in new highway construction money included in the current Obama "stimulus" package would enter the economy's bloodstream by 2010. Other spending, such as that promoting renewable energy, broadband Internet connections and jobs programs, wouldn't have any impact on the economy for at least a year

So 85% of that sorely needed money for infrastructure and jobs will do what for 2 years?

somebody tell me my mama was wrong, but she always told me throwing money at people who cannot manage money never solves their money problems.

ever read about poor people who win big lotteries? In the end they always end up poor.

• Banned
This quote was interesting..

“He was talking about the era of responsibilities and made you think that we were talking about tough love and people taking responsibility for their actions, and going through the consequences of those actions,” DeLay says. “When in fact his era of responsibility means the government is going to be responsible for all your decisions, and it’s going to be involved in every aspect of your life. The redistribution of wealth is going to be overwhelming.”

Forum List

Back