TOM DASCHLE withdraws

I always try to answer but I would like mine answered before I go answering his.

Its a game he plays , he demands to have his questions answered but like to ignore the ones asked him.

Go read , I asked him a question and then he wants me to answer it for him.

He can do his own footwork.
i answered your question witrh my OWN question you stupid fucking moron

name those that DIDNT withdraw or resign?

Where was your concern whne Bush was appointing every oil person he could find?
Oil Barons pay taxes, a lot of taxes.

You seem to forget all the shit you LibTards gave Joe the Plumber when it was found that he didn't pay his taxes. You should give Dasch-Hole the same treatment.

You seem to forget all the shit you LibTards gave Joe the Plumber when it was found that he didn't pay his taxes. You should give Dasch-Hole the same treatment.
and Joe wasnt running for ANYTHING
he just had the audacity to ask The One a tough question

God forbid we should ask em a question! :lol:

So the question still is, why did Daschle resign? Even after his unpaid taxes came to light, Obama backed him publicly and his confirmation was assured by the Senate, so it's hard to believe the unpaid taxes are the whole reason he backed out. It's almost a gimme there were other things he was afraid would be exposed if he went forward.

Oil barons don't pay a lot of taxes.

Daschle was wrong and screwed up.

no rayboy, bush isnt in the whitehouse, so nothing he did is relevent to the discussion

Bullshit. The past just doesn't dissapear because you don't like it. History in a vacuum 101 by the right.:lol:

As to the lefties not liking taxes, I pay mine every year. Taxes are the price we pay for civilized society. No taxes, no government, no laws = Anarchy.

Use Tax Act this year. Much cheaper to file and just as good as most of the other programs if you don't have a lot of convoluted tax issues.

no rayboy, bush isnt in the whitehouse, so nothing he did is relevent to the discussion

Bullshit. The past just doesn't dissapear because you don't like it. History in a vacuum 101 by the right.:lol:

As to the lefties not liking taxes, I pay mine every year. Taxes are the price we pay for civilized society. No taxes, no government, no laws = Anarchy.

Use Tax Act this year. Much cheaper to file and just as good as most of the other programs if you don't have a lot of convoluted tax issues.
again, since Bush isnt in the Whitehouse, what ever happened then has NOTHING to do with the topic of this thread
you just want to deflect and go back into history

Daschle seemed to be a great pick though... It goes right along with his other nominees and there tax problems...

Most Americans. rich or poor, liberal or conservative, pay their taxes and few pay any more than they think they are legally required to pay. The irony here is that Daschle was long one of the leading exponents of the share the wealth liberals and apparently he meant all along that you should share your wealth and I should share my wealth, but during a period when he was earning over $2 million a year, he didn't think it was necessary for him to share his wealth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/opinion/03tue1.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

When President Obama nominated former Senator Tom Daschle to be his secretary of health and human services, it seemed to be a good choice. Mr. Daschle, as the co-author of a book on health care reform, knew a lot about one of the president’s signature issues. As a former Senate majority leader, he also knew a lot about guiding controversial bills through Congress, where he remains liked and respected by former colleagues.

Unfortunately, new facts have come to light — involving his failure to pay substantial taxes that were owed and his sizable income from health-related companies while he worked in the private sector — that call into question his suitability for the job. We believe that Mr. Daschle ought to step aside and let the president choose a less-blemished successor.

I agree with the Times. This is not Change.

Less-blemished?? For a nano second I thought maybe they'd want someone without any blemishes. You know, someone with integrity, morals and ethics. :rolleyes:
I'm busy.

I don't care who you are... that's pretty funny right there... LOL :lol:

and Joe wasnt running for ANYTHING
he just had the audacity to ask The One a tough question

God forbid we should ask em a question! :lol:

So the question still is, why did Daschle resign? Even after his unpaid taxes came to light, Obama backed him publicly and his confirmation was assured by the Senate, so it's hard to believe the unpaid taxes are the whole reason he backed out. It's almost a gimme there were other things he was afraid would be exposed if he went forward.

Bingo

from his spot as obama's health and human services Head....cuz of not paying taxes on a limo driver gift....

disappointing as a Dem, to see these guys avoiding taxes....

he should withdraw as he has and obama needs to add, have you paid your taxes lately? to his lengthy questionaire of people that want to work for him!!!!

OOPS, DASCHEL

LOL!

In my opinion, Obama seems to be surrounding himself with "Crooks" to get the job done. Change? Change to what, from being in the frying pan to jumping into the fire???

Everyone in a political office should have an IRS audit! You'll see the rats come running from the woodwork!!! Since the politicians attitudes are, "Only The Little People Pay taxes!"

I've it heard it several times on the national new media that these politicans that got caught are not paying penalties and fines on their overdue back taxes. Glen Beck is suppose to do a special story on it. If that is true, I find that very interesting, we have the foxes guarding the hen house. Time for that to change now, that's change I can believe in!

I read that both Giethner and Daschle paid their back taxes and their penalties.

Glenn Beck doesn't always get things totally correct. The other day he attacked a part of the stimulus package that he had just backed earlier.

I agree, that if we did a tax audit of all politicians and lobbyist in DC, we could probably pay off our deficit with the monies recouped.:lol:

Here it is:

{QUOTE}Tom Daschle withdrew his name Tuesday as the Health and Human Services secretary. His offense? He recently had to pay more than $140,000 in back taxes and penalties.{QUOTE}

Last edited:
Daschle seemed to be a great pick though... It goes right along with his other nominees and there tax problems...

When Dashel lost re-election--he went into the private sector--getting paid 87,000.00 per speech. Not only did he accept his bosse's limo to travel in for 3 years--he also accepted a driver. He also negated to mention one months income in the 90,000 range. Dashel was told about this overdue bill last June. He owed $120,000, with an additonal $20,000 in late fees & penalties. Dashel was also paid over 200,000 from health care lobbyists. "That stinks." Dashel's wife is a long time lobbyist for the airline industry.

Dashel was also very instrumental in getting Ted Kennedy to support Barack Obama during the primary season, (over Hillary Clinton). So, I'll bet this pick was a pay-back. I doubt Dashel disclosed his tax problems prior to Obama announcing he was the pick. This is now the 3rd person on Obama's pick list that owed back taxes. It's now an embarrasement to this administration, especially when Obama was asked about Dashel just yesterday. "Do you still support Dashel as your pick for health?" Obama stated: "Absolutely".

All of us are expected to pay our taxes. None of us get away with not paying them. Our officials should not have different laws written for them. Personally I am glad that Dashel is out. If they're not squeaky clean I do not want them in Washington D.C. setting policy.

Last edited:
I read that both Giethner and Daschle paid their back taxes and their penalties.

Glenn Beck doesn't always get things totally correct. The other day he attacked a part of the stimulus package that he had just backed earlier.

I agree, that if we did a tax audit of all politicians and lobbyist in DC, we could probably pay off our deficit with the monies recouped.:lol:

Here it is:

{QUOTE}Tom Daschle withdrew his name Tuesday as the Health and Human Services secretary. His offense? He recently had to pay more than $140,000 in back taxes and penalties.{QUOTE}

Imagine if they actually represented the people of the United States of America rather than the dollar sign. We would actually be better off. That's why it takes millions of dollars to run campaigns.

from his spot as obama's health and human services Head....cuz of not paying taxes on a limo driver gift....

he should withdraw as he has and obama needs to add, have you paid your taxes lately? to his lengthy questionaire of people that want to work for him!!!!

OOPS, DASCHEL

I see this as a good sign. This is the way our system should work. Let's keep our politicians honest, no matter what party they come from.

It irritating to see the affluent avoid paying taxes. Let's audit some welfare mom instead.(Not)

Transparency is a good thing.

Last edited:
So far they've been having a hard time living up to "the most ethical administration." The next four years, possibly 8 years will be fun. :)

OOPS, DASCHEL

Good riddance!

Fuck that guy. He was a total milquetoast, who let Bush walk all over him and didn't lift a finger to try to stop the iraq war.

tom daschle is an affable man...liked by many.

But i do think that there is baggage with him putting the Iraq war resolution thru the Senate with ease, his lobbying connections, this tax thing which is minor compared to things....that Obama sees now that he does not want in his administration.... Obama says this is all his fault for not noting it earlier is what is coming out in the press...

i sure hope it isn't another hidden affair or something, like with Edwards....

Forum List

Back