Tom Cruise To Honor Pat Tillman At Espy Awards

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
Considering Hollywood is once again earning its notorious rep for being more interested in divisive politics than making a difference, here's a sight of good news. Tom Cruise is going to lead the emotional special introduction to honor Pat Tillman, the former NFL player who died in Afghanistan, at the Espy Awards on July 14th.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=televisionNews&storyID=5590894

i don't know how folks on the board felt about tillman, but i felt his was the death that finally got many americans to realize (for a few days at least) the great loss to america our fallen brave men and women in the armed forces are. not only were they great football players, but many were or would have been doctors, lawyers, teachers, nurses, engineers, firefighters, police officers, artists, writers, singers and many other great and unique careers and professions. they are not just folks who die and are forgotten. they are lost chances, lost futures, lost potential. we should never forget that.

Originally posted by NATO AIR
Considering Hollywood is once again earning its notorious rep for being more interested in divisive politics than making a difference, here's a sight of good news. Tom Cruise is going to lead the emotional special introduction to honor Pat Tillman, the former NFL player who died in Afghanistan, at the Espy Awards on July 14th.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=televisionNews&storyID=5590894

i don't know how folks on the board felt about tillman, but i felt his was the death that finally got many americans to realize (for a few days at least) the great loss to america our fallen brave men and women in the armed forces are. not only were they great football players, but many were or would have been doctors, lawyers, teachers, nurses, engineers, firefighters, police officers, artists, writers, singers and many other great and unique careers and professions. they are not just folks who die and are forgotten. they are lost chances, lost futures, lost potential. we should never forget that.

Basically it reminded all those in favor of this war the human toll that he took. It gave all those opposed a chance to ruin a good man's name in order to further attack Bush.

I hop Cruise doesn't use this as a platform to attack either Side. I hope its a genuine "Tribute".

Forum List

Back