Tom Brokaw Longs for the Days When the Media Was a Leftist Monopoly

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
Appearing on Meet the Press, Obama Fluffer Tom Brokaw lamented that the new media --- which broke the stories about Van Jones and ACORN that the state-run dinosaur media have refused to cover --- have a lack of quality control.

MR. BROKAW: Well, I've -- one of the things I've been saying to audiences is this question comes up a lot, and a lot of people will repeat back to me and take it as face value something that they read on the Internet. And my line to them is you have to vet information. You have to test it the same way you do when you buy an automobile or when you go and buy a new flat-screen television. You read the Consumer Reports, you have an idea of what it's worth and what the lasting value of it is. You have to do the same thing with information because there is so much disinformation out there that it's frightening, frankly, in a free society that depends on information to make informed decisions.

The American Spectator reminds us of some of the information that has been distorted, denied, or frankly fabricated by the legacy media of which Tom Brokaw was so proud to be a part.

•JFK sharing a mistress with Chicago Mafia boss Sam Giancana
•CBS News undertaking multiple hatchet jobs on Barry Goldwater in the run-up to the 1964 election.
•Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee covering up the murder of his sister-in-law, another Kennedy mistress
•The silence of the media on the affair Democrat Presidential candidate John Edwards was carrying on with Rielle Hunter
•The aforementioned Van Jones and ACORN stories

You should really click the link and read the details. They're quite stunning. American Spectator writer Jeffrey Lord sums it up this way:

In other words, across five decades of American journalistic history, the instinct of many Old Media institutions -- specifically including NBC and the New York Times -- has been to deliberately withhold the truth. To quite deliberately use their journalism skills and tools to misrepresent those whose politics they do not favor.

Exactly. What Brokaw doesn't get is that he and the other talking heads have lost their hold on the public because the public knows the information they provide is neither useful nor reliable. If you want to watch skinny middle-aged women coo over M'Chel Obama's biceps while middle aged men repeat the DNC talking points of the day, you tune into the legacy media. If you want to know about official corruption, or want an analysis of legislation that's before Congress and what effect it will have on your life, you tune into Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh

Moonbattery: Tom Brokaw Longs for the Days When the Media Was a Leftist Monopoly

Brokaw and his ilk are the same people who do not see any bias in their reporting. Total windbags, seen plenty of them before in college.

Forum List

Back