Tom Brokaw is a journalistic hack!

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
I miss Tim Russert on Meet the Press!

Tom Brokaw can barely conceal is agenda while moderating Meet the Press and it's becoming an unwatchable shitfest.

He, IMO, went after Powell following his endorsement of Obama and then in the round table discussion he once again showed his firmly in the tank for McCain.

I get that there are plenty of journalists who are clearly in the tank for Obama, MSNBC is an entire network I'd say who is like that, but Tom Brokaw is presented an a neutral figure, supposedly there just to discuss the news and present the facts and yet he comes across and a partisan hack.

He's ruining what was once the best political show on television and I'm gonna say that I bet Tim Russert is spinning in his grave seeing what he's doing to that program.

Your intolerance is showing! :D

:lol:

I just hate when people hide behind a neutral position and then push their agenda. ANYONE who watches MSNBC knows they are liberal leaning. ANYONE who watches Fox knows they are conservative leaning.

Used to be you could watch Meet the Press and get actual moderation and debate without political agenda being thrown in my the moderator.

Tim Russert was a man of integrity and he loved the political process more than he seemed to love his political views. I never knew if he was a democrat or a republican when watching him on Meet the Press because he'd go equally at it with both sides. Calling both on the carpet for their bullshit.

He reported the facts and didn't push one view over another.

Tom Brokaw doesn't do that. It's clear he's in camp McCain.

naaa--silence is a pacifist.

don't make me spank you dillo :eek:

:lol:

I just hate when people hide behind a neutral position and then push their agenda. ANYONE who watches MSNBC knows they are liberal leaning. ANYONE who watches Fox knows they are conservative leaning.

Used to be you could watch Meet the Press and get actual moderation and debate without political agenda being thrown in my the moderator.

Tim Russert was a man of integrity and he loved the political process more than he seemed to love his political views. I never knew if he was a democrat or a republican when watching him on Meet the Press because he'd go equally at it with both sides. Calling both on the carpet for their bullshit.

He reported the facts and didn't push one view over another.

Tom Brokaw doesn't do that. It's clear he's in camp McCain.

don't make me spank you dillo :eek:

Reporting the news is dead---journalists now make the news. The truth cannot be trusted with those who compete for our money.

Tom Brokaw can barely conceal is agenda while moderating Meet the Press and it's becoming an unwatchable shitfest.

He, IMO, went after Powell following his endorsement of Obama and then in the round table discussion he once again showed his firmly in the tank for McCain.

I get that there are plenty of journalists who are clearly in the tank for Obama, MSNBC is an entire network I'd say who is like that, but Tom Brokaw is presented an a neutral figure, supposedly there just to discuss the news and present the facts and yet he comes across and a partisan hack.

He's ruining what was once the best political show on television and I'm gonna say that I bet Tim Russert is spinning in his grave seeing what he's doing to that program.
Every week I think this!

I didn't see MTP today, was he really being a hack?

I miss russert too. Brokaw spent too many years reading a teleprompter on the evening news. When's the last time he did any real journalism?

Russert more than most in the MSM played the role the fourth estate is supposed to play. Its pretty sad when David Letterman and Jon Stewart are asking better questions of our politicians, than our vaunted guardians of the fourth estate are.

I didn't see MTP today, was he really being a hack?

I miss russert too. Brokaw spent too many years reading a teleprompter on the evening news. When's the last time he did any real journalism?

Russert more than most in the MSM played the role the fourth estate is supposed to play. Its pretty sad when David Letterman and Jon Stewart are asking better questions of our politicians, than our vaunted guardians of the fourth estate are.
The morning radio show guy in my city is doing a better job as Brokaw then Tom himself is doing.

Silence, may I be one of the many to welcome you to the new version of what Americans now call journalism. The media now, no matter what side you tend to fall on in this new round of elections has been for some time nothing but an outlet for talking points for various different causes. They have long ago thrown away their ethics in favor of the all mighty ratings and the need to editorialize at every turn. It is now up to you and me Silence to be the filters of this trash and thats exactly what it is trash. I see modern media i.e. so called news the same as I see any fictional T.V. show, you have writers, fictional charcters and a story line. This does not surpise me at all Silence that any media personality would fall on one side or the other and not be able to set aside their personal political views in order to report. Many by gone media giants I am sure would cringe at the state the 4th estate as fallen into Silence.

Silence, I'm with you on missing Tim Russert. That man was AMAZING. He was just one of those people, you know? One of those people who just touch your life in such a way that you know you're better off for having met them.

BUT I disagree with you on Tom Brokaw's assesment of Colin Powell. While I think General Powell is a legend and an intellectual and one of the greatest human beings to walk this Earth, Brokaw couldn't hand him softball questions. He asked hard questions, the same kind of questions Russert would ask. Powell's answers were more than satisfactory to me.

You know what you're getting if you go on Meet the Press.

Silence, I'm with you on missing Tim Russert. That man was AMAZING. He was just one of those people, you know? One of those people who just touch your life in such a way that you know you're better off for having met them.

BUT I disagree with you on Tom Brokaw's assesment of Colin Powell. While I think General Powell is a legend and an intellectual and one of the greatest human beings to walk this Earth, Brokaw couldn't hand him softball questions. He asked hard questions, the same kind of questions Russert would ask. Powell's answers were more than satisfactory to me.

I agree. He had to ask the hard questions, because he knew it was what America was thinking.

Just like all the people on here saying, "Oh, Colin Powell is endorsing Obama because he is black."

No, that's not why, and if they had the energy they could watch the interview on NBC.com and see his reasons. But it's easier to dismiss it with a blanket statement for them, because they can't argue with Colin's assessment.

you actually think it appropriate to insinuate that Powell might be endorsing Obama simply because he's black? I don't. and that whole "some people will say" bullshit is just that, bullshit.

you actually think it appropriate to insinuate that Powell might be endorsing Obama simply because he's black? I don't. and that whole "some people will say" bullshit is just that, bullshit.

Yes, I do. Absolutely. It's a question that everyone will have re: Powell being black. Absolutely. He answered it well and I was 100% convinced that Powell is supporting Obama because he likes the ideas and has met the very high standards Powell has set.

Forum List

Back