Tom Brady- The next Joe Montana?

hylandrdet said:
You saw the game; tell me what you think of Tom Brady.

His beard looks better than Jake "The Mistake" Plummer's.

And while he is fantastic to have on your team in real life you don't want him as a Fantasy QB, the numbers just aren't there...

I was far more impressed with the NE defense. I think they could be a repeat.

no1tovote4 said:
His beard looks better than Jake "The Mistake" Plummer's.

And while he is fantastic to have on your team in real life you don't want him as a Fantasy QB, the numbers just aren't there...

I was far more impressed with the NE defense. I think they could be a repeat.

You mean Jake "the steak", because the Colts defense ate him up!

Joe Montana's offenses were not spectacular, they were efficient; along a stingy defense, the 49ers ruled the 80's. Now you're looking at a man, who's two wins away from averaging a super bowl championship every other year of his NFL career. And he's doing it without a single "superstar" on his team's roster. Well, unless you think Corey Dillion is a superstar!

While the media is patting the back of Peyton Manning and his stats, Tom Brady is quietly flying under the radar, heading into NFL history. And he's doing it the old fashion way... He earned it!

interesting comparisons this generation and the last.

Brady = Montana
-Lots of Rings. Undersized QB's that were efficient at their position and won the big games.

Manning = Marino
-Every major passing record will be his by the time he's done. But will he ever win a super Bowl?

McNabb = Elway
-Elway reached the Super Bowl 3 times before he finally won it on his 4th. McNabb hasnt reached one yet and his fortunes may change in the near future but the similarities are distinct. Elway and McNabb are savvy guys that were mobile in their early years and great passers moving foward. Both managed to CARRY their teams as far as they could. Maybe Mcnabb can do it this year but who knows

Roethlisberger = Farve
-Thats not a very deep comparison. But Farve was the young gun when Montana, MArino and Elway were making their last strides. Now Rothelisberger comes in with a fresh start.

Some food for thought.

insein said:

Brady = Montana
-Lots of Rings. Undersized QB's that were efficient at their position and won the big games.

Manning = Marino
-Every major passing record will be his by the time he's done. But will he ever win a super Bowl?

McNabb = Elway
-Elway reached the Super Bowl 3 times before he finally won it on his 4th. McNabb hasnt reached one yet and his fortunes may change in the near future but the similarities are distinct. Elway and McNabb are savvy guys that were mobile in their early years and great passers moving foward. Both managed to CARRY their teams as far as they could. Maybe Mcnabb can do it this year but who knows

Roethlisberger = Farve
-Thats not a very deep comparison. But Farve was the young gun when Montana, MArino and Elway were making their last strides. Now Rothelisberger comes in with a fresh start.

Some food for thought.

Good analysis! :thanks:

Kid's got a helluva an arm.

And what was that stat? 8-0 last 8 play-off games, second only to some guy who's name now escapes me. He wins the Super Bowl, and he'll be tied for that.

hylandrdet said:
You saw the game; tell me what you think of Tom Brady.

A calm, cool professional even against a great defense. Just give him another ring right now. Super Bowl is no contest.

Sir Evil said:
Tom Brady has been brilliant but I think he is a little behing Montana staus at the moment. I recall Kurt Warner getting all the comparison a few years ago and look at him now. Is Corey Dillon a superstar? Absolutely! the guy rushed over a thousan every season when he was with the Bengals into he went to the doghouse his final season. He opens the passing game for Brady.

I wouldn't say that Brady single handedly carries this team yet, they are a very cohesive unit that are making it as a team. The Super Bowl wins will most likely boost any qb's HOF chances but doesn't quite make them the superstars people think they are. Brady is however on his way to superstar status just not quite a Marino,Montana, or Elway yet. Good luck to your team, I hope Philly whoops them! :D

Fair enough.

For the record, I'm a Detroit Lions fan; the reason why I'm rooting for Tom Brady's success is because he's a "Michigan Man". Tom Brady, Charles Woodson and Ty Law are role models for recruiting in Ann Arbor.

If you want to play in the NFL, play well at any school; but if you want to stay in the NFL, GO TO MICHIGAN!!!

Sir Evil said:
lol, better of sticking with being a Brady fan for now! I thinbk Detroit is going to fair out much better whenevr they get rid of Millen.

Detroit is playing its most grittiest football; the problem lies within injuries and inexperience; this particular Detroit team is very young; I can't really shit on that.

Yes, Tom Brady was the starter for the Wolverines during the infamous 1999 season. I'd called 1999 "infamous" because in my opinion, had it not been for Lloyd Carr's attempt to integrate Drew Henson into the lineup, Tom Brady would had led that Michigan team to a national title.

I never forgave Carr for those 2 losses because Tom Brady, had the ball, as time ran out! Why is that important? Because Brady was pulled in the third, in both losses, for Henson. Henson struggled in both games, so Brady was put back in; in both cases, Brady came a up short twice of making a comeback win.

I know Lloyd Carr is sitting on a "doughnut" everytime he looks back at 1999. That probably because of the damage he'd suffered from kicking himself in the ass!

Sir Evil said:
lol, better of sticking with being a Brady fan for now! I thinbk Detroit is going to fair out much better whenevr they get rid of Millen.

Detroit is playing its most grittiest football; the problem lies within injuries and inexperience; this particular Detroit team is very young; I can't really shit on that.

Yes, Tom Brady was the starter for the Wolverines during the infamous 1999 season. I'd called 1999 "infamous" because in my opinion, had it not been for Lloyd Carr's attempt to integrate Drew Henson into the lineup, Tom Brady would had led that Michigan team to a national title.

I never forgave Carr for those 2 losses because Tom Brady, had the ball, as time ran out! Why is that important? Because Brady was pulled in the third, in both losses, for Henson. Henson struggled in both games, so Brady was put back in; in both cases, Brady came a up short twice of making a comeback win.

I know Lloyd Carr is sitting on a "doughnut" everytime he looks back at 1999. That probably because of the damage he'd suffered from kicking himself in the ass!

Instead we had to wait how many years for Brady to pull that miracle comeback against Atlanta?

Brady = Montana

Manning = Marino

McNabb = Elway

Roethlisberger = Farve

Some food for thought.
Bart Starr...
FIVE NFL championships in SEVEN years.
Don’t expect that to be matched.

Brady = Montana

Manning = Marino

McNabb = Elway

Roethlisberger = Farve

Some food for thought.
Bart Starr...
FIVE NFL championships in SEVEN years.
Don’t expect that to be matched.
Actually Montana is the next Brady. A couple of years ago Brady proved to be a cheater and last week joe proved he too is willing to cheat.

You always get caught. You never get away with anything

Forum List

Back