Tolerant and MultiCultural Massachusetts.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Residents of a Wrentham public housing complex are outraged that the town's housing agency has banned the display of U.S. flags outside their homes.

The Wrentham Housing Authority notified residents of the policy through a letter taped to their doors Wednesday. The unsigned letter says the move was made after a tenant complained to the state Department of Housing and Community Development over the Fourth of July holiday.

Residents were told they can keep a flag inside their homes and it can be visible through windows, but cannot be on or outside the buildings.

Barbara Marshall kept a U.S. flag flying outside Wednesday even after the letter was delivered and tells The Sun Chronicle she has no intention of removing it.

The 82-year-old Marshall, whose brother took part in the D-Day invasion of France, says she was so upset after reading the letter she had to lie down.

No one at the housing authority would comment.

Read more: Housing Authority Bans US Flag - Talk 1200 - Boston Express Yourself

FlaCalTenn also refuses to comment.. It IS what it IS..
:mad:

In my little Hillbilly Hollywood neighborhood, we got bylaws and covenents from hell. Not supposed to put a yard sign out even if you've sprayed ANTHRAX that morning..

BUT --- We got the common sense to allow my neighbor to drape a 25Foot Flag from his roofline for a day or so at the Holidays. Or 46 pink flamingos up my neighbors driveway on his wife's birthday.

What's telling here is the "no comment" bit. They COULD have said it violates our covenants, or we wouldn't allow flags on Gay Pride day or Cinco de Mayo either. But they didn't..

no one at the housing authority will comment because no one at the housing authority made the decision. it was the state that decided this was a good idea, not the town.

no one at the housing authority will comment because no one at the housing authority made the decision. it was the state that decided this was a good idea, not the town.

So the state of Taxachusettes, home of the original TEA Party, Battle of Bunker Hill, Plymouth Rock etc, is now deciding Freedom is not a good thing?

They're free to move. They're also free to try and change it. And they're also free to protest it.

So the state of Taxachusettes, home of the original TEA Party, Battle of Bunker Hill, Plymouth Rock etc, is now deciding Freedom is not a good thing?

beats me. now the state is saying the town fucked up and the state is reversing the decision.

WRENTHAM — The state has stepped in to reverse a decision by a Massachusetts town’s housing authority that barred residents from flying U.S. flags outside their homes.

A spokesman for the state Department of Housing and Community Development said Thursday that the flag ban was "a mistake that is being corrected immediately."

personally, i think some asshat at the state level fucked up and is too much of a coward to admit it. saw the town housing director on tv today and she said it was the state's call.

:dunno:

If it was State Code -- why didn't they respond and say so? Where did you get this?

You found it when you were grazing eh?

beats me. now the state is saying the town fucked up and the state is reversing the decision.

WRENTHAM — The state has stepped in to reverse a decision by a Massachusetts town’s housing authority that barred residents from flying U.S. flags outside their homes.

A spokesman for the state Department of Housing and Community Development said Thursday that the flag ban was "a mistake that is being corrected immediately."

personally, i think some asshat at the state level fucked up and is too much of a coward to admit it. saw the town housing director on tv today and she said it was the state's call.

:dunno:

:disbelief:
When will someone own their decision?
:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back