Tolerance of Radical Muslims

Think about it a little more. What issues do you consider me an extremist on?

I'm extremist about Nationalism. Many of my beliefs are conservative in nature. I have a few liberal ones. I don't believe in restrictring myself to one ideological point of view on each and every topic.

And I don't like extreme right wingers any more than I like extreme left wingers. The common denominator being "extreme."

And you bet your ass I'm a registered independent and BOTH parties are going to kiss some ass around here if they want a vote.

So you condiser me extreme? I am a Ronald Reagan conservative, and I call them as I see them

If I was a politican I would not kiss anybodys ass for their vote. I will tell what I stand for and if you do not like it - vote for the other candidate

Mods love all the attention they get, and you kind of proved my point

Think about it a little more. What issues do you consider me an extremist on?

I'm extremist about Nationalism. Many of my beliefs are conservative in nature. I have a few liberal ones. I don't believe in restrictring myself to one ideological point of view on each and every topic.

And I don't like extreme right wingers any more than I like extreme left wingers. The common denominator being "extreme."

And you bet your ass I'm a registered independent and BOTH parties are going to kiss some ass around here if they want a vote.

If more than one candidate brings a complete package to the table, then how do you handle that? Flip a coin?

I'm quite prejudiced against Islam, yet I continue to search out and have posted about those that speak out against jihad.

I'm conservative on most social issues, but libertarian in the sense that what one does in one's domicile should be private and secure. I'm not 'pro-gay' but haven't a problem with teachers, priests, etc., that may be, as long as they don't promote such or abuse children, then I'm for life terms in jail.

I'm for the war in Iraq/Afghanistan, as long as the strategy is to win. I'm unconvinced, though the 'surge' + change in strategy is making me feel much more confident.

Now we must endure day (possibly weeks) of the liberal media bashing America for the inhumane treatment of a poor innocent Muslim man.........

Sympathetic GMA Segment Highlights Terrorist Regrets; Focuses on Water Boarding
Posted by Scott Whitlock on March 15, 2007 - 13:09.
On Thursday’s "Good Morning America," anchor Chris Cuomo and reporter Brian Ross discussed the recent report that terrorist mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammad admitted to planning 9/11 and other major attacks.

However, Cuomo and Ross spent much of the segment fretting over the interrogation techniques used by the U.S. And Mr. Ross chose to recount an oddly sympathetic quote by the terrorist, noting that Mr. Mohammad said, "he was sorry that 3000 people were killed in the 9/11 attacks, but, quote, ‘I don’t like to kill children and the kids.’"

One would think that such an absurd comment would at least warrant an eye roll, but the GMA hosts simply continued with the report. Cuomo wondered if the techniques used to extract information from the 9/11 planner could lead "to torture":

CHRIS CUOMO: "Everybody’s going to want to parse what happened here and why. You mentioned in the piece water boarding. Remind us what that is and if it leads to torture."

BRIAN ROSS: "It's a technique used by the CIA with the President’s approval in which the person is put upside down, water is poured on their head. They have a sense they’re drowning. It creates a gag-like reflex. He lasted the longest under water boarding, we’re told, before he broke, between two and two and a half minutes, and then he caved and told all."

Cuomo and Ross began the segment, which aired at 7:02am on March 15, by agreeing that the admission "come out of nowhere." Apparently the idea that the interrogation techniques worked wasn’t considered:

CUOMO: "But first, let’s get to the latest on that stunning admission by Khalid Sheikh Mohammad. The man long considered to be the mastermind behind the September 11th attacks has confessed to that and much more. Chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross is here with the details. This comes out of nowhere."

ROSS: "Indeed, Chris. Good morning, Chris. Good morning, Robin. The confession by the man known by the initials KSM accounted not only for the 9/11 attacks, but virtually every major terror attack in the last 14 years. Plus, an even larger number of terror attacks on U.S. soil that never even got past the planning stage. Among al Qaeda’s other supposed intended targets, the Empire State Building, Chicago’s Sears Tower and the Library Tower in Los Angeles. KSM also admitted to planning assassinations of former Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, along with Pope John Paul II. All of this comes four years after KSM was captured in Pakistan, and subjected to what the U.S. calls extreme interrogation techniques, including, officials tell ABC News, water boarding."

EUGENE FIDELL (National Institute of Military Justice): "The problem is it gets too many people saying too many things because under torture anyone will say anything."

ROSS: "U.S. Officials say his written confession came last weekend in a tribunal hearing room at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Claiming no duress, he submitted a list of 31 plots, only eight of which were actually carried out. His confession included the responsibility for the 9/11 attacks, from ‘a to z’ as he put it, as well as the earlier 1993 World Trade Center Bombing, the attack on a disco full of tourists in Bali and the failed effort to shoot down an Israeli airliner in Kenya. According to the transcript made public by the Pentagon, KSM speaking in English told the tribunal he he was like George Washington fighting for independence. He said he was sorry that 3000 people were killed in the 9/11 attacks, but, quote, ‘I don’t like to kill children and the kids,’ he said."

CUOMO: "Everybody’s going to want to parse what happened here and why. You mentioned in the piece water boarding. Remind us what that is and if it leads to torture."

ROSS: "It's a technique used by the CIA with the President’s approval in which the person is put upside down, water is poured on their head. They have a sense they’re drowning. It creates a gag-like reflex. He lasted the longest under water boarding, we’re told, before he broke, between two and two and a half minutes, and then he caved and told all."

ROBIN ROBERTS: "Brian, a lot of people want to know, Is there any outside information that confirms what KSM has said to be truthful?"

ROSS: "Good question. Much of what he said has been corroborated by U.S. officials. There are questions about the authenticity and integrity of confessions made under such extreme techniques."

ROBERTS: "Sure."

ROSS: "But there is corroboration for much of what he said."

CUOMO: "I know the transcript is dense, but what else have you been able to find? I remember years ago, you reporting that you believed KSM was attached to something that happened with the Sears Tower, planning on that. At the time you got a little controversy about that."

ROSS: "That's right, reported right on this program. And afterwards the he FBI In Chicago denied our reports, now according to this transcript it was entirely true and the FBI was misleading people. I don’t know why. Also, in the transcript is information that is redacted but it appears to suggest he was behind the murder of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl."

Also, note the constant use of the initials "KSM" by the GMA hosts. Either the ABC anchors have suddenly developed a love for abbreviations or they just don’t want to use Mr. Mohammad’s’s last name.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11446

So you condiser me extreme? I am a Ronald Reagan conservative, and I call them as I see them

If I was a politican I would not kiss anybodys ass for their vote. I will tell what I stand for and if you do not like it - vote for the other candidate

Mods love all the attention they get, and you kind of proved my point

I proved no point for you. I could car less about personal attention. Another misrepresentation.

I care about politicians who are paying attention to key issues that affect us NOW. Since you didn't make the connection, what I meant was they are going to EARN my vote. I'm not giving it away to a political party.

That's what's wrong with BOTH parties right now. The promise the moon, then once in Washington, go about shuffling the bureaucracy from box to box until they have to campaign fo roffice again, addressing only those issue that jump up and slap them in the face.

I'm getting the impression you don't even know what a moderate is. You've already said you didn't think I was one. Why? Because a moderate isn't the indecisive bowl of Jell-o you would protray them as.

I stand as firm on any issue I believe in as you do. I just don't subscribe to the "NeoCon List of Approved Agendas and Stances Pertaining Thereunto."

I'm quite prejudiced against Islam, yet I continue to search out and have posted about those that speak out against jihad.

I'm conservative on most social issues, but libertarian in the sense that what one does in one's domicile should be private and secure. I'm not 'pro-gay' but haven't a problem with teachers, priests, etc., that may be, as long as they don't promote such or abuse children, then I'm for life terms in jail.

I'm for the war in Iraq/Afghanistan, as long as the strategy is to win. I'm unconvinced, though the 'surge' + change in strategy is making me feel much more confident.

Islam is what it is. Objectively, it cannot coexist peacefully with any other belief system, so IMO, it's the intolerant one that goes. I'm not willing to just give away who and what we are so some feudal lords can return the world to the 7th century.

I don't care what gays do in their own homes, but I will not call something abnormal normal, nor am I in favor of a specail law that caters to one group's sexual behavior.

Anyone who abuses a child should be taken out back and unceremoniously shot.

We can win in the ME. Teh question is, ar ewe going to allow ourselves to?

I proved no point for you. I could car less about personal attention. Another misrepresentation.

I care about politicians who are paying attention to key issues that affect us NOW. Since you didn't make the connection, what I meant was they are going to EARN my vote. I'm not giving it away to a political party.

That's what's wrong with BOTH parties right now. The promise the moon, then once in Washington, go about shuffling the bureaucracy from box to box until they have to campaign fo roffice again, addressing only those issue that jump up and slap them in the face.

I'm getting the impression you don't even know what a moderate is. You've already said you didn't think I was one. Why? Because a moderate isn't the indecisive bowl of Jell-o you would protray them as.

I stand as firm on any issue I believe in as you do. I just don't subscribe to the "NeoCon List of Approved Agendas and Stances Pertaining Thereunto."

My you are a bit testy tonight. The mods I see mugging for the camera are a towers of jello

To me the main issues are continuing to kill as many terrorists as possible. Locking up the boarders to stop the criminals from flowing in. More tax cuts to keep our money out of the hands of the government

The best way to control the spending is to bring back the line item veto. With the new appointments to the SC it should pass this time

My you are a bit testy tonight. The mods I see mugging for the camera are a towers of jello

To me the main issues are continuing to kill as many terrorists as possible. Locking up the boarders to stop the criminals from flowing in. More tax cuts to keep our money out of the hands of the government

The best way to control the spending is to bring back the line item veto. With the new appointments to the SC it should pass this time

Really. You'd go back to something already declared Unconstitutional with the good possibility of haveing a Democrat President in the next election?

Oh, and I'm not testy at all. I'm debating a topic. You are dismissing my political viewpoint out of hand for some preconceived notions that you have, that are, IMO, incorrect.

I've been accused of a lot of things over the years. Not saying exactly what I think and/or taking a stand on issues is NOT one of them.

However, I will respect moderates when you can tell me where I can buy the book "Great Moderates in US History"

Isn't moderate the oppsite of extreme, sort of? Not respecting a moderate person sounds really extreme.

Would you rather not see a moderate force in Iran? Would a moderate Muslime bother you more than an extremist?

This reasoning leavs people without options.

A muslim can't be respected by you if he is not an extremist, in which case you probably see him as a threat and rather liked him dead?

Isn't moderate the oppsite of extreme, sort of? Not respecting a moderate person sounds really extreme.

Would you rather not see a moderate force in Iran? Would a moderate Muslime bother you more than an extremist?

This reasoning leavs people without options.

A muslim can't be respected by you if he is not an extremist, in which case you probably see him as a threat and rather liked him dead?

I would love to see the moderate Muslims to come forward and denounce the violence and senseless murders

Perhaps they know if they do they will be murdered?

The moderate Muslims are more angry over the show '24' then the real life Muslim terrorists

Okay, but you wouldn't respect them until you can find a book called "Great Moderates in US History".

No, I will respect moderate Mulisms when they stand up to to the Muslim terrorists

They seem more interested and upset over how Muslims are portrayed on '24' then anything else

In this country, I am waiting for anyone to tell me what accomplishments moderats have accomplished and/or what they stand for

No, I will respect moderate Mulisms when they stand up to to the Muslim terrorists
Okay, what I am after was you saying that you couldn't respect moderates. I am only trying to examplify that moderates can be found in other contexts than that of coosing between liberal or republican government.

I was using muslims as an example. You see? You DO respect moderates!

Okay, what I am after was you saying that you couldn't respect moderates. I am only trying to examplify that moderates can be found in other contexts than that of coosing between liberal or republican government.

I was using muslims as an example. You see? You DO respect moderates!

Is this is an example of moderate Muslims? If they are I have no respect for them at all

TODAY'S EDITORIAL
March 15, 2007

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) doesn't have much tolerance for a robust media. Legitimate reporters and editors in America disdain propaganda as news, and politicians, advocates, churchmen, celebrities and just about everybody else of whatever stripe understands that. This is a lesson our Muslim brothers will learn sooner or later as they become accustomed to life in America.
CAIR summoned reporters to its Capitol Hill headquarters to announce that a group of imams are filing suit against US Airways and the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metropolitan Airports Commission, claiming that the "flying imams" were barred from a flight last November "on the basis of their perceived race, religion, color, ethnicity, alienate, ancestry and national origin." CAIR employed Martin Luther King's language from the civil-rights struggle to suggest that the imams were victims of stereotyping and mistreatment. "When anyone's rights are diminished, the rights of all Americans are threatened," said CAIR Director Nihad Awad. Fair enough as rhetoric, we suppose, though Dr. King never tried to use the rituals of his faith to intimidate anyone.
CAIR and the "flying imams" are unhappy with this newspaper's coverage of the incident, and especially with Audrey Hudson, who first reported that witnesses and law-enforcement officials contradicted the imams' assertions that they were merely praying before their flight. Witnesses said three of the imams were praying loudly in the concourse, repeatedly shouting "Allah," when passengers were called for their flight to Phoenix.
Passengers and flight attendants said the imams switched from their assigned seats to seat themselves in a pattern reminiscent of the September 11 attacks. One air marshal called the seating arrangement "alarming" because the imams "now control all of the entry and exit routes to the plane." Witnesses and law-enforcement officials said the imams exhibited behavior associated with a "security probe" -- when terrorists take certain preliminary steps to see how law-enforcement and security officials react.
Several days after Miss Hudson's dispatch appeared in this newspaper in December, Mr. Awad scolded The Washington Times in an interview with the Arab News, an English-language Saudi newspaper, for "falling below journalistic standards and decency." He was unhappy not for misstatements of fact, but particularly because Miss Hudson quoted Zuhdi Jasser, a Phoenix physician and a Muslim critic of CAIR. The organization is no doubt unhappy as well with S.A. Miller's story in The Times on Monday, noting that Rep. Bill Pascrell, New Jersey Democrat, had reserved a room in the Capitol for a CAIR event, though the organization has been associated with fairly suspicious characters, including several who have been sent to prison for their involvement with jihadist terror networks. CAIR doesn't like such coverage, but reporting the news is what newspapers do. The way to stop unfavorable coverage is to straighten up and fly right. Shooting the messenger, as any successful American advocacy group could tell them, never works.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20070314-095355-8422r.htm

:) Okay, I can see I am not making my point!

So, moderate Muslims are the ones who speak out against a TV show and six idiots kicked off a jetliner (after just cause) but they do not speak out to acts of terrorism

Is that what you are saying?

So, moderate Muslims are the ones who speak out against a TV show and six idiots kicked off a jetliner (after just cause) but they do not speak out to acts of terrorism

Is that what you are saying?

Well, no. I was more interested in your moderate-statement itself. You said you couldn't respect a moderate. Out of Reagan era: Gorbatjov was moderate.

Well, no. I was more interested in your moderate-statement itself. You said you couldn't respect a moderate. Out of Reagan era: Gorbatjov was moderate.

and a moderate could could not make a decision. He folded under the Reagan policies and the world was made alot safer

The way I see moderates is, they do not want to express their opinions and tell others what they belive in. They do not want to offend anyone.

Again, name a great moderate in US history and what he/she accomplished

They also like to call themselfs "independents"

In most cases, the independents are really liberals. Listen to CSPAN during their morning call in show. In nearly every case, the 'other" line (ie independents/moderates) is really liberal line two

and a moderate could could not make a decision. He folded under the Reagan policies and the world was made alot safer

The way I see moderates is, they do not want to express their opinions and tell others what they belive in. They do not want to offend anyone.

Again, name a great moderate in US history and what he/she accomplished

They also like to call themselfs "independents"

In most cases, the independents are really liberals. Listen to CSPAN during their morning call in show. In nearly every case, the 'other" line (ie independents/moderates) is really liberal line two

I lack the insight to dabate you on internal US politics, I'm sorry.

Soviet seems to be easier to navigate than Muslims.

Gorbatjov was a moderate - still a full blown communist. His folding under Regan policy wouldn't have occured had he not been moderate. He would have taken the hardcore agenda of soviet right in to the wall. This is a man who had to withstand alot of internal flak. He risked his life in the reformation process. Now imagine a moderate leader of Iran.

I lack the insight to dabate you on internal US politics, I'm sorry.

Soviet seems to be easier to navigate than Muslims.

Gorbatjov was a moderate - still a full blown communist. His folding under Regan policy wouldn't have occured had he not been moderate. He would have taken the hardcore agenda of soviet right in to the wall. This is a man who had to withstand alot of internal flak. He risked his life in the reformation process. Now imagine a moderate leader of Iran.

Sorry, Gorby folded when he saw the panty wearing libs would not stop Pres Reagan from deploying nukes in Europe and the buildup of the US military

Much like today with the terrorists, Gorby was hoping to win the cold war with the help of the Dems, and thank God - they both lost

Forum List

Back