Tolerance for me...

theim

May 11, 2004
Madison, WI
...but not for thee.

Muslims Win Toy Pigs Ban

NOVELTY pig calendars and toys have been banned from a council office — in case they offend Muslim staff.

Workers in the benefits department at Dudley Council, West Midlands, were told to remove or cover up all pig-related items, including toys, porcelain figures, calendars and even a tissue box featuring Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

Bosses acted after a Muslim complained about pig-shaped stress relievers delivered to the council in the run-up to the Islamic festival of Ramadan.

Muslims are barred from eating pork in the Koran and consider pigs unclean.

Councillor Mahbubur Rahman, a practising Muslim, backed the ban. He said: “It’s a tolerance of people’s beliefs.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450600,00.html

And of course, if you disagree, you can just go to hell. I wonder if the whole of Europe will just commit mass suicide one day, so as to show off their tolerance of Muslims who beleive the mere presence of non-Muslims is offensive.

Here's what I would say to these people.......

OINK, OINK!!!

As I've stated before ......... I'm sorely lacking in the "empowerment" gene and I think "tolerance" got left out also.

My school mascot's a pig. If I ever get the chance to talk to one of these guys face to face, I'm going to wear my hog hat, hog nose, a razorback face painting, my UofA athletic pants, and, no, not a UofA t-shirt, but instead, a t-shirt that has the word "infidel" printed on it. I may even go track down a pig tail.

And I'll show up with a big plate of BBQ (real, southern BBQ, as in, pulled pork), some pork rinds, a ham sandwich, and a couple of hot dogs...REAL hot dogs, not those kosher beef things. Oh, and bacon. Gotta have bacon.

Hobbit said:
And I'll show up with a big plate of BBQ (real, southern BBQ, as in, pulled pork), some pork rinds, a ham sandwich, and a couple of hot dogs...REAL hot dogs, not those kosher beef things. Oh, and bacon. Gotta have bacon.
HELL YEAH!!!!!

Forum List

Back