Told ya! Only a matter of time. Gop goes after gays - AGAIN!

Grant civil unions and give them the same benefits as a traditional marriage such as I have. Just dont call it marriage. Now what's the harm?

Then such things should be left to the States and their societies to decide. The FED has no business in this whatsoever.

The main reason for the Federal DOMA law is so that states do not have to accept a gay marriage from another state. The decision is up to the individual state.

Indeed.

I would be for my state simply granting civil unions and the benefits that come with it. I dont expect another state to grant the benefits when mine already is. As my wife says, to each his own. I frankly dont care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their home. If I did, that would be intrusive of the government and against my Christian beliefs.

Grant civil unions and give them the same benefits as a traditional marriage such as I have. Just dont call it marriage. Now what's the harm?

Then such things should be left to the States and their societies to decide. The FED has no business in this whatsoever.

Actually you and I agree Thomas. The Federal DOMA should be repealed and replaced. The new law (under Congresses Article IV Section 1) power would not require any state to recognize ANY Civil Marriage that conflicts with their own laws. It would be there choice.

The Federal government would start to recognize all legal Civil Marriage performed under state law.

I could go for that. Let the States decide.

>>>>

The main reason for the Federal DOMA law is so that states do not have to accept a gay marriage from another state. The decision is up to the individual state.

The second component of DOMA is to deny federal recognition of some legal Civil Marriages.

>>>>

Boehner hires lawyer to oppose gay rights – wants to bill DOJ

House Republicans have hired a prominent conservative attorney to defend the federal Defense of Marriage Act in a pending lawsuit, legal sources say, and will make an effort to divert money from the Justice Department to fund its high-profile fight.

“Not only are House Republican leaders defending the indefensible, they’ve brought in a high-priced attorney to deny federal recognition to loving, married couples,” said Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign. “Speaker Boehner appears ready to go to great lengths, and the great expense of a high-power law firm, to try to score some cheap political points on the backs of same-sex couples…”

Boehner hires lawyer to oppose gay rights – wants to bill DOJ « Eideard

Boehner seeks to divert funds for gay marriage fight

Boehner said he has directed the House's counsel and the House Administration Committee to ensure that there are "sufficient resources" and expertise to defend the law. Paul Clement, a former solicitor general for President George W. Bush, has been retained by Boehner and the Republicans to defend the Defense of Marriage Act, according to news reports.

Boehner seeks to divert funds for gay marriage fight - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

-----------------------------------

Told ya.

Muslims, Hispanics, gays, nurses, teachers, women's rights.

Wanna bet it's because the "War on the Elderly" isn't going well?

Good on Boehner! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Boehner hires lawyer to oppose gay rights – wants to bill DOJ

House Republicans have hired a prominent conservative attorney to defend the federal Defense of Marriage Act in a pending lawsuit, legal sources say, and will make an effort to divert money from the Justice Department to fund its high-profile fight.

“Not only are House Republican leaders defending the indefensible, they’ve brought in a high-priced attorney to deny federal recognition to loving, married couples,” said Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign. “Speaker Boehner appears ready to go to great lengths, and the great expense of a high-power law firm, to try to score some cheap political points on the backs of same-sex couples…”

Boehner hires lawyer to oppose gay rights – wants to bill DOJ « Eideard

Boehner seeks to divert funds for gay marriage fight

Boehner said he has directed the House's counsel and the House Administration Committee to ensure that there are "sufficient resources" and expertise to defend the law. Paul Clement, a former solicitor general for President George W. Bush, has been retained by Boehner and the Republicans to defend the Defense of Marriage Act, according to news reports.

Boehner seeks to divert funds for gay marriage fight - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

-----------------------------------

Told ya.

Muslims, Hispanics, gays, nurses, teachers, women's rights.

Wanna bet it's because the "War on the Elderly" isn't going well?

They ran on jobs. That is why they won so big in the mid terms. So far they have push numberous job bills .....oh hell, i cant even type that crap out.

They have pushed zero bills for jobs since winning the mid terms. Zero. They push tripe like this.

Agreed. My state needs to get with the times and grant civil unions and the benefits. Done. After that if you really care you need to ask your state to go back to the times with the wigs and such when our forefathers who founded this country scratched the lice. Having fun now.

Demgoguary? I'd say so. You miss the point entirely.

Jeezus Christ, some of you folks in here are so dumb it's not even funny, it's pitiful and pathetic!!

I am troubled by this, simply because it causes us to lose focus on the things that do matter. Things like our sluggish economy, three wars, and health care. Even though it would seem that the economy is slowly improving, we need to focus on issues that will destroy our nation. Not on keeping homosexuals from getting married.

You're a real sicko.

Marriage equality needs to "go all the way" and be decided once and for all. This ridiculous legal limbo that the gay and lesbian residents of California find themselves in needs to end with finality. There are currently three classes of people in California; Heterosexuals that can get married, gays and lesbians that ARE married and gays and lesbians that can't get married. There is a bunch of "unconstitutional" in that and that MUST be challenged.

i agree.....they give them everything but that document ......i know too many gay people on my route......they are nicer to me than most of the "regular" people.....so my attitude has changed since i was a young radical years back...unlike people like Dean....i can evaluate a person as an individual.... not as a group like he does....

Why do we always have to compare race with gay issues?

Sorry, it's simply not the same thing.

yes. under the definition of "equal protection", it is.

sorry, ollie. it just is. you can like that. you can not like that. but it is.

No it isn't. Homosexuality is a behavior. Under your definition, rapists should receive "equal protection" and have their right to rape people protected.

so is eating meat.....so is being Liberal.....so is being Conservative.....so what the hell is your point?.....

Marriage equality needs to "go all the way" and be decided once and for all. This ridiculous legal limbo that the gay and lesbian residents of California find themselves in needs to end with finality. There are currently three classes of people in California; Heterosexuals that can get married, gays and lesbians that ARE married and gays and lesbians that can't get married. There is a bunch of "unconstitutional" in that and that MUST be challenged.

i agree.....they give them everything but that document ......i know too many gay people on my route......they are nicer to me than most of the "regular" people.....so my attitude has changed since i was a young radical years back...unlike people like Dean....i can evaluate a person as an individual.... not as a group like he does....

Yea sure. Evaluate Republicans as individuals when they start acting like individuals. Right now, the party is 90% white. They vote in a block. They act in a block. Their beliefs are 90% the same. How often to Democrats vote 100% one way on any issue? Now ask that about Republicans.

Why do we always have to compare race with gay issues?

Sorry, it's simply not the same thing.

We aren't comparing race with sexual orientation. You are being simplistic. What is compared is discrimination, period.

YOU feel justified in your discrimination against gays and lesbians do you not?

Defining marriage as a union between persons of the opposite sex isn't discrimination of any kind.

well it may be if you give them all the same rights except for some strange reason you dont want to recognize it......its either you do or you dont.....its like saying you can have Medical pot....just dont let us catch you with it.....

Yea sure. Evaluate Republicans as individuals when they start acting like individuals. Right now, the party is 90% white. They vote in a block. They act in a block. Their beliefs are 90% the same. How often to Democrats vote 100% one way on any issue? Now ask that about Republicans.

Every time Obama says so. You Racist fuck.

Most religious people I know have no problem with gay civil unions. But gays want to change the MEANING of marriage to include gays. THAT'S the issue.

Douchebag! :lol:

I have a problem with granting any legal benefits or privileges to two guys because they choose to shack up together. The last thing this country needs is to hand out more benefits and privileges to special interest groups.

how is it handing out more Benefits?.....if said guy was with a girl he would be getting no more than if he was with the guy....right?....

^^Idiocy on parade...

Regard...The Grand Parade Of Lifeless Packaging...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AbleoGv01A"]YouTube - Genesis - D1: 6. The Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging / 7. Back In N.Y.C.[/ame]

So what's wrong with going after those sick, filthy, degenerate, rectum-loving fisters who use turds on their coffee-tables for pot-pourri? They are as criminal as any bank robber or serial killer, and no amount of rationalization can compensate for their un-Godly, degenerate, sickening lifestyle. They should all either go back into their closets for good, or we should be able to legally shoot them on sight. They are the scum of the cess-pool.

can we go after assholes like you too?....you guys would be great targets.....you scream like little girls when targeted....

So what's wrong with going after those sick, filthy, degenerate, rectum-loving fisters who use turds on their coffee-tables for pot-pourri? They are as criminal as any bank robber or serial killer, and no amount of rationalization can compensate for their un-Godly, degenerate, sickening lifestyle. They should all either go back into their closets for good, or we should be able to legally shoot them on sight. They are the scum of the cess-pool.

People like you only help the liberal agenda.

Please do us all a favor by shutting up.

A bit dog always barks.
so do Internet tough guys.....

Agreed. My state needs to get with the times and grant civil unions and the benefits. Done. After that if you really care you need to ask your state to go back to the times with the wigs and such when our forefathers who founded this country scratched the lice. Having fun now.

Demgoguary? I'd say so. You miss the point entirely.

Jeezus Christ, some of you folks in here are so dumb it's not even funny, it's pitiful and pathetic!!

you should know you fucking dumbass.....your not only one of them...your their President.....

Forum List

Back