Toddlers Disappear From Home in Georgia

I thought I just heard Neil Cavuto say,after the press conference,that the 2 kids had wondered off earlier that day and a neighbor had to bring them back home. I wonder if it's a case of mom being a lazy ass and not watching her kids.

Missing Georgia Toddlers Found Dead
WARRENTON, GA (AP) -- Police say the bodies of a missing two-year-old girl and her three-year-old brother have been found not far from their east Georgia home. Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead says Nicole and Jonah Payne -- missing since Saturday -- were found in a sanitation pond about a mile and a half from their lakeside house in rural Warren County.

Bankhead says that "at this time" there is no indication of foul play. He says authorities are trying to determine whether the children might have wandered off and fallen into the pond. Bankhead says there was a green algae growing on the surface of the pond, so the children could not be seen inititally.

Earlier today, Bankhead said the search had reached "a critical stage" and the likelihood of finding Nicole and Jonah safe was decreasing. The two were were last seen Saturday at their lakeside house in rural Warren County, about 100 miles east of Atlanta.

Police said their mother found the front door open and the children gone from the home, which is about 100 miles east of Atlanta.

The search included 75 to 100 law enforcement officers combing through the woods and divers. The search over the weekend included volunteers from the community.

freeandfun1 said:
Sounds like a "Susan Smith" story to me.

A mile and a half is a long way for 2 little ones to walk with no one noticing. Having said that,I wouldn't want to go too far and say she did it,cause ya just never know.

krisy said:
A mile and a half is a long way for 2 little ones to walk with no one noticing. Having said that,I wouldn't want to go too far and say she did it,cause ya just never know.

Well, that is why I said "sounds like". It might not be, but as you said, a mile? And one was only 18 months old. That would have taken quite a while. Mom sure wasn't looking very hard - regardless.

dilloduck said:
Like " we're getting married so dump the kids" ?

Was she planning on getting married soon?

I just mean in the sense that she "begged anyone who took the children to please give them back" and then they are found drowned. Just soooo similar.

I hope the mother was NOT involved, but she claims she was gone only a very short time, that she came back, they were gone and then supposedly traipsed off a mile to drown in a pond and momma looked so hard, but couldn't find em. I figure it would take at least 45 minutes for young ens like that to walk a mile. Hump'n hard most GI's can hump a mile in 15 minutes, so you have to figure a kid with itty bitty legs is going to take at least three times that long.

freeandfun1 said:
Was she planning on getting married soon?

I just mean in the sense that she "begged anyone who took the children to please give them back" and then they are found drowned. Just soooo similar.

I hope the mother was NOT involved, but she claims she was gone only a very short time, that she came back, they were gone and then supposedly traipsed off a mile to drown in a pond and momma looked so hard, but couldn't find em. I figure it would take at least 45 minutes for young ens like that to walk a mile. Hump'n hard most GI's can hump a mile in 15 minutes, so you have to figure a kid with itty bitty legs is going to take at least three times that long.
yup engaged

dilloduck said:
yup engaged

The more recent stories now say they were found in a pond a "few hundred yards" from the home....

What are the odds that both would fall in and drown?

Forum List

Back