Todd Akin wins gop senate primary in Missouri

He has also retracted his statement. Should we go ahead and hang him with Biden and all of his dumbass blunders?

Not seeing a Biden 'blunder' that really tops this.

I'm still waiting for an explanation on what a "legitimate" rape is.

As opposed to an "illegitimate" rape? Seriously?

Legitimate rape is when an actual rape occurs. A fake rape is when a vindictive woman tells a lie. Like the Duke Lacrosse team.

Next week you can move onto 6th grade studies if you concentrate....

He has also retracted his statement. Should we go ahead and hang him with Biden and all of his dumbass blunders?

this is seriously taliban type stuff.

Actually it's grade school stuff. Doesn't surprise me that you're joining Joe in the 5th grade again

Legitimate rape is when an actual rape occurs. A fake rape is when a vindictive woman tells a lie. Like the Duke Lacrosse team.

How often does that happen? The Lacrosse thing was news because it was so unusual.

Reporting of Sexual Violence Incidents | National Institute of Justice

Only about 36% of rapes are even reported to authorities....

The conviction rate is even lower than that.

McCaskil made it clear Akin was the candidate she wanted to face.

gives her a fighting chance to keep her job - especially if the top of the ticket, Romney implodes and the election turns out a landslide for Obama.

Even if Obama wins I believe the senate is gone for the dems. I have had my doubts about Romney being willing to take it to Obama.

Am I hearing an endorsement of "legitimate rape"?

If so, can you explain what it is? I'm still scratching my head over that one.

What you heard was that his comment won't matter.

People suffer fools all the time in politics (look at Biden).

C.M. is considered the most vulnerable of the all democratic senators and the polls seems to show a consistent lead. Whether or not those will shift is another question, but there is no "convention" on which things might swing.

It's looking to be a choice between two morons.

Yeah, but when you show insensitivity to something like rape, you kind of do yourself in.

Now, there's a valid argument to be made that rape abortions are rare, but when you say, "government should decide who gets an abortion", you get into the area of actually having the government decide who is validly been raped and who hasn't.

Good luck with that.

He's done. This is another seat you can keep in the D column.

A GOP takeover looks less and less likely.
Akin snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

:lol:
lol

How often does that happen? The Lacrosse thing was news because it was so unusual.

I dunno about your stats but I can attest to fake rape being real. When I was in college we all went out to a certain night club after finals. On one particular night out I was the DD. As the night wore on one of my buddies had this girl ALL OVER HIM SEXUALLY. At the end of the night she joined us all for breakfast at Dennys then after dropping everyone else off she wanted to get a room with him. I dropped them off at the hotel. About 2 weeks later I was contacted by the police about a possible rape.

Now I'm not defending these stupid comments and neither is the gop. The vast majority of his funding both party funds and superpacs has been withdrawn. So I dont know what the he'll else you guys expect the gop to do.

I dunno about your stats but I can attest to fake rape being real. When I was in college we all went out to a certain night club after finals. On one particular night out I was the DD. As the night wore on one of my buddies had this girl ALL OVER HIM SEXUALLY. At the end of the night she joined us all for breakfast at Dennys then after dropping everyone else off she wanted to get a room with him. I dropped them off at the hotel. About 2 weeks later I was contacted by the police about a possible rape.

Now I'm not defending these stupid comments and neither is the gop. The vast majority of his funding both party funds and superpacs has been withdrawn. So I dont know what the he'll else you guys expect the gop to do.

Well, finding out he was a neanderthal before you nominated him would have been a good idea. It wasn't like we found out about this guy out of the blue. He co-sponsored a "personhood" amendment that would have outlawed rape abortions. (Even the "legitimate" rape abortions).

Well, finding out he was a neanderthal before you nominated him would have been a good idea. It wasn't like we found out about this guy out of the blue. He co-sponsored a "personhood" amendment that would have outlawed rape abortions. (Even the "legitimate" rape abortions).

So in your world murdering innocent babies is ok but trying to protect them is being a neanderthal?

why is she "far Left" in your eyes?

PRo Obamacare, pro bailout, pro abortion, pro gay, pro mulsim crazy folks, pro illegeal alien, higher taxes, did I miss anything?

Yeah, you missed it by a mile. You parroted less than half of what Limbaugh has had to say. Take notes, next time you will be able to parrot the whole theme.

So in your world murdering innocent babies is ok but trying to protect them is being a neanderthal?

Rape is a crime of violence visited upon the victim for life. Forcing the victim to live with the product of such a crime in her body for months is evil.

You people on the social conservative far right are ridiculous***. There are millions (?) of abortions every year, yet you and others with self righteous indignation object to sexual education in the schools, including an introduction to contraception; oppose vaccines to prevent Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Infection; and support the absurd religious objection to providing contraception as part of health insurance.

*** ridiculous is the most polite word I felt appropriate, frankly I think stupid is more fitting.

Rape is a crime of violence visited upon the victim for life. Forcing the victim to live with the product of such a crime in her body for months is evil.

You people on the social conservative far right are ridiculous***. There are millions (?) of abortions every year, yet you and others with self righteous indignation object to sexual education in the schools, including an introduction to contraception; oppose vaccines to prevent Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Infection; and support the absurd religious objection to providing contraception as part of health insurance.

*** ridiculous is the most polite word I felt appropriate, frankly I think stupid is more fitting.

I am not a social conservative. I am philosophically (not theologically) opposed to abortion because logically life begins at conception and that babies should have the same rights not to be murdered or assaulted as your or I. That being said I don't think the federal government should have made a ruling about abortion and that it should be up to the states. That doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion about whether it is right or wrong.

Rape is violence and I am not personally opposed to women who have been raped getting an abortion but I am not in favor of it either. On the one hand her rights have been violated and it is through no fault of her own. On the other it's not the baby's fault either and two wrongs don't make a right. What if she was already pregnant and the baby died as a result of the rape? Should he be charged with murder? In my view yes, but in yours he would just go to jail for rape.
I have also heard cases where a pregnant woman was murdered and the person who did it was charged with 2 murders. You can't have it both ways. Either the baby is alive or its not.

I am not a woman and so I will never have to deal with this so I would leave this up to the woman to decide. I fall into the "illegal with exceptions" camp. If your life or possibly your sanity is at stake then I would leave the option there but I don't think you should be able to get an abortion just because you don't want to deal with the consequences of your irresponsible behavior.

Yeah. It was impossible for your buddy to rape the girl after you dropped them off at a hotel because she was "ALL OVER HIM SEXUALLY" prior to that.....

No wonder you have a hard time grasping why Akin's comments are so vile.

Yeah. It was impossible for your buddy to rape the girl after you dropped them off at a hotel because she was "ALL OVER HIM SEXUALLY" prior to that.....

No wonder you have a hard time grasping why Akin's comments are so vile.
The case was thrown out because the DNA was that of another man.

Try again?

In my world, zygots aren't babies... they aren't in your world, either.

So let's cut the crap.

So let's cut the crap.
I remember when my wife told me I she was pregnant the first time. I was a Daddy and my life changed forever. I worried every second of her pregnancy and I haven't stopped since. We changed our diet and tried to do all the right things to make sure he was healthy. I sang to him and read to him. I went to every doctor's appointment and watched him grow. You can call it what you want but you and I both know you are attempting to objectify those babies to salve your conscience. I know it was my son in there and I loved him from that first moment.

So let's cut the crap.

They sure are. No one who views an ultrasound can deny their a baby growing there. That's true regardless how much you try to justify you support for killing people.

So let's cut the crap.
I remember when my wife told me I she was pregnant the first time. I was a Daddy and my life changed forever. I worried every second of her pregnancy and I haven't stopped since. We changed our diet and tried to do all the right things to make sure he was healthy. I sang to him and read to him. I went to every doctor's appointment and watched him grow. You can call it what you want but you and I both know you are attempting to objectify those babies to salve your conscience. I know it was my son in there and I loved him from that first moment.

I've known people who've lost babies and had miscarriages. Sorry, people don't lose their shit after a miscarriage nearly as much. They don't have elaborate funerals. The police won't come by and investigate a miscarriage. It just isn't the same thing.

Here's the thing. You and your wife wanted that baby, and that's fine. But neanderthal Akin seems to think that a woman who was raped at knifepoint should bring that baby into the world, because, hey, when you believe zygotes are babies, you engage in that level of fanaticism.

So let's cut the crap.

They sure are. No one who views an ultrasound can deny their a baby growing there. That's true regardless how much you try to justify you support for killing people.

Fetuses aren't people

Not in the law.
Not in medical Science
Not even in your Big Book of Fairy Tales (AKA the Bible).

So let's cut the crap.

I've known people who've lost babies and had miscarriages. Sorry, people don't lose their shit after a miscarriage nearly as much. They don't have elaborate funerals. The police won't come by and investigate a miscarriage. It just isn't the same thing.

Here's the thing. You and your wife wanted that baby, and that's fine. But neanderthal Akin seems to think that a woman who was raped at knifepoint should bring that baby into the world, because, hey, when you believe zygotes are babies, you engage in that level of fanaticism.

So if I want it then its a baby and if I don't want then it's not a baby. When does it become a baby then even if I don't want it? Does passage through the birth canal magically transform the non-baby into a baby? If I cause a woman harm that results in the loss of her baby should I be able to get away with it if I can prove she didn't want the baby? Oh wait we can't call it a baby until its born I guess. What shall we call this non-entity then?

Forum List

Back