Todd Akin wins gop senate primary in Missouri

It does not matter....

Clair is a moron. Missouri wants her gone.

Do you actually live here?

I do. I'd bet that, as shitty as it sounds, if you don't live along highway 70 you'll hear the same in most circles. Akin could shit in the mouth of a newborn, set it on fire and wave it around while singing elvis songs and he'd still have a better than average chance of winning against Claire.

Am I hearing an endorsement of "legitimate rape"?

If so, can you explain what it is? I'm still scratching my head over that one.

What you heard was that his comment won't matter.

People suffer fools all the time in politics (look at Biden).

C.M. is considered the most vulnerable of the all democratic senators and the polls seems to show a consistent lead. Whether or not those will shift is another question, but there is no "convention" on which things might swing.

It's looking to be a choice between two morons.

LOL. Judging by the reactions of the rest of the GOP, his comments have mattered a great deal.

...because of the damage it could do to Romney via Ryan. In Missouri, if someone was going to vote against Claire then this little snafu isn't going to change that.

It does not matter....

Clair is a moron. Missouri wants her gone.

Do you actually live here?

I do. I'd bet that, as shitty as it sounds, if you don't live along highway 70 you'll hear the same in most circles. Akin could shit in the mouth of a newborn, set it on fire and wave it around while singing elvis songs and he'd still have a better than average chance of winning against Claire.

I do too. The problem with that is that the people living on I 70 have more than enough votes to decide the election.

I wouldn't count Claire out.

Ever.

Polls have Clair down significantly here in KC and that is with these comments known. I didn't vote for him in the primaries and was surprised at his come from behind (3rd place) victory. But if he is my only choice to oust Clair I will hold my nose.

I dunno, man. I think there is a lot more red than blue being motivated this time around. I hope i'm wrong but it's certainly not in the bag for Claire. She's not the most personable politician here and, outside of the blue hot zones, she is very much reviled.

Polls have Clair down significantly here in KC and that is with these comments known. I didn't vote for him in the primaries and was surprised at his come from behind (3rd place) victory. But if he is my only choice to oust Clair I will hold my nose.

Nice to see you have your priorities...

Someone who demeans rape victims is acceptable.

So long as you magic sky man is happy.

Shut up bigot. You got no room to talk.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
New International Version (NIV)
28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Shut up bigot. You got no room to talk.

Got plenty of room to talk.

You guys have lost the war of ideas... so now all you have is playing these little games, which you will eventually lose.

this is stoneage stuff and the Right doubles down on it :clap2:

Who has doubled down on it? From what I hear the gop has not only condemned his comment but some are actively trying to replace him.

Seems to me it is you who has doubled down on partisanship.

Forum List

Back