Todd Akin wins gop senate primary in Missouri

Despite Brunners constant lead in the polls (and my donation :( ) and Palin throwing her weight behind Steelman, Akin comes out the clear winner.

McCaskil made it clear Akin was the candidate she wanted to face. He is also arguably the most conservative with a moderate amount of local Tea Party support.

So the stage is set here in Missouri. Far left vs far right. Of course you all know where I stand.

Usually in the gutter.

Clair is history.

Pure and simple.

Akin has been consistently up by +5 and Obama won't be going to MO.

She's toast.

Last edited:
Wonder how many "everyday Missourians" are liking their pick at the moment.

Perhaps its common folk wisdom in MO-2 that if you rape a woman just right it's biologically impossible for her to get pregnant?

I kid, I'm sure they'll disown his offensive comments.

Missouri is likely to flip.

But so is Massachusetts, so that's a Wash.

And, yeah, Indiana is showing as even... and that's before they start realizing what a teabagging nut Murdoch is.

Nelson- 50 50 it could go either way.

Again, I really think when your Weird Mormon Robot goes down, he's
going to take a lot of these fools down with him.

Nelson is 50-50.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What world do you live in.

Mass is 50/50.

As I've stated before and I'll say it again.

He resides in the I'M A RELIGIOUS BIGOT world. He stays in I'm a racist central occasionally

Down here in SW Mizzouri those qualifications means he is a shoe-in for the office.

In the bottom of the 7th Rep. Todd Akin of MI hit a shot so far too the right it went nearly a mile out of the park. Disagreeing with the call on the field he tried to make his case by saying "This is yet another example of how the radical outfielders and activists umpires have dragged the playing field so far to the left that we can't even recognize a clear home run anymore."

Despite Brunners constant lead in the polls (and my donation :( ) and Palin throwing her weight behind Steelman, Akin comes out the clear winner.

McCaskil made it clear Akin was the candidate she wanted to face. He is also arguably the most conservative with a moderate amount of local Tea Party support.

So the stage is set here in Missouri. Far left vs far right. Of course you all know where I stand.

Legitimate rape?

It does not matter....

Clair is a moron. Missouri wants her gone.

Am I hearing an endorsement of "legitimate rape"?

If so, can you explain what it is? I'm still scratching my head over that one.

What you heard was that his comment won't matter.

People suffer fools all the time in politics (look at Biden).

C.M. is considered the most vulnerable of the all democratic senators and the polls seems to show a consistent lead. Whether or not those will shift is another question, but there is no "convention" on which things might swing.

It's looking to be a choice between two morons.

It does not matter....

C.M. is considered the most vulnerable of the all democratic senators and the polls seems to show a consistent lead. Whether or not those will shift is another question, but there is no "convention" on which things might swing.

Yeah, but when you show insensitivity to something like rape, you kind of do yourself in.

Now, there's a valid argument to be made that rape abortions are rare, but when you say, "government should decide who gets an abortion", you get into the area of actually having the government decide who is validly been raped and who hasn't.

Good luck with that.

He's done. This is another seat you can keep in the D column.

A GOP takeover looks less and less likely.

For legitimate rape?:lol:

It does not matter....

LOL. Judging by the reactions of the rest of the GOP, his comments have mattered a great deal.

Forum List

Back