Todd Akin -- Sharron Angle redux?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Need to start a Hall of Fame for the people who are so far out in right field that they aren't even in the ballpark. The ones who somehow manage to win the primaries because apparently the Conservative electorate doesn't mind saying, "We don't really want this seat. Please take it, Democrats. We just want to make a statement."

Todd Akin On Abortion: 'Legitimate Rape' Victims Have 'Ways To Try To Shut That Whole Thing Down' (VIDEO)

Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) justified his extreme opposition to abortion by claiming that victims of "legitimate rape" rarely get pregnant.

Akin's comments on abortion and rape come less than two weeks after he suggested banning the morning-after pill.

“As far as I’m concerned, the morning-after pill is a form of abortion, and I think we just shouldn’t have abortion in this country,” he said in an Aug.8 interview with KCMO radio.

Last edited:
He could be.

But Clair ain't Harry Ried.

She's toast.

Clair wanted this guy for a reason.

The undecideds in MO are the moderates. The tea party and other assorted rightwing nuts in MO gave McCaskill the best chance she was going to get.

Akin may have given the Senate continuity to the Dems with his stupid ass remark.

You TPM freaks have to shut up and follow the game plan, or you will cost the GOP election again. We should have had the Senate in 2010, but, no, Sharron and Christine had to run their f'in mouths, just like Akin.

Heaven help us, please, to survive these crazoids.

• Banned
Akin may have given the Senate continuity to the Dems with his stupid ass remark.

You TPM freaks have to shut up and follow the game plan, or you will cost the GOP election again. We should have had the Senate in 2010, but, no, Sharron and Christine had to run their f'in mouths, just like Akin.

Heaven help us, please, to survive these crazoids.

Fwiw, I don't think we could have had the senate in 2010. But we should have been able to oust Harry Reid and give the rest of the Democrats some reason for serious thought.

Reid let Obama get away with unilaterally declaring the Senate out of session. A body of senators not led by a smug Reid and feeling a greater need to be attentive to their constituents' wishes might not have stood still for Obama's seizure of power.

Fwiw, I don't think we could have had the senate in 2010. But we should have been able to oust Harry Reid and give the rest of the Democrats some reason for serious thought.

Absolutely. The Republicans would have won Nevada and Delaware had they not nominated those two nut jobs.

Several questions here, but I'll start off with a question about a quote from the OP....

Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) justified his extreme opposition to abortion by claiming that victims of "legitimate rape" rarely get pregnant.

In an interview with KTVI-TV on Sunday, the GOP Senate nominee was asked if he supported abortion in the case of rape.

"From what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," said Akin said of pregnancy caused by rape. "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume maybe that didn't work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist."

Todd Akin On Abortion: 'Legitimate Rape' Victims Have 'Ways To Try To Shut That Whole Thing Down' (VIDEO)

Now...................quick question for the females........................what is "legitimate rape" and do you really think that your body has automatic defenses to keep you from getting pregnant?

Just another example of the war on women.....................

Anybody who uses the term of legitimate rape does not belong in anyone's legislative body.

He could be.

But Clair ain't Harry Ried.

She's toast.

Clair wanted this guy for a reason.

And the Teabaggers gave him to her.

This is the problem with th TEA party overall. Most of life is comprimise. You have to eventually meet somewhere in the middle.

Yet right now, the TEA Party has shown they are perfectly happy to lose seats to take down moderate Republicans, who they probably consider a bigger enemy than the Democrats, because eventually, they do exactly that.

Yep, Akin went down. And now Richard Mourdock of Indiana.

These batty types are just killing us. Handed Obama the "vagina vote" on a silver platter.

And another batty one is gone -- Joe Walsh gone from Illinois. Doesn't affect the balance of power in Congress, but hurt the PR of Republicans nationwide.

Moderate GOP have to toss the Tea Party wacks out and find the ones with whom we can work.

We can't win with them nationally, and, to be quite honest, we shouldn't: they are awful.

Moderate GOP have to toss the Tea Party wacks out and find the ones with whom we can work.

We can't win with them nationally, and, to be quite honest, we shouldn't: they are awful.

Problem is, after Romney's loss, the Tea Party will announce that Romney wasn't a real conservative, that's why he lost, and they'll be stronger than ever.

On a brighter note, We did nail Joe Walsh to the wall.

Go Colonel Duckworth.

Forum List

Back