Todd Akin in Context

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Here's what Democrats are telling us he said:

“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”

Here's what he actually said:

“In reviewing my off-the-cuff remarks, it’s clear that I misspoke in this interview, and it does not reflect the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year,”

Fight the smears!

“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”

“In reviewing my off-the-cuff remarks, it’s clear that I misspoke in this interview, and it does not reflect the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year,”

Fight the smears!

Actually, he said both. He just said the second thing when he realized how horrified sane people were by the first thing.

Besides his bizarre understanding of girl parts where he really thinks there's some magic where women can reject rape sperm, this is the trap of wanting government small enough to fit into a woman's uterus.

if you accept that fetuses, embryoes and even zygotes are people with all the rights of the rest of us, then yes, aborting a rape result would be murder. But no one would actually ever be so inhumane as to make a woman do that.

I am not gonna spend a second trying to defend what this dope said.

So being the woman you are, and probably since you are an ugly Obama supporter, the few times you had sex after throwing yourself on to some bum in the street and after getting your cervical mucus flowing.. YOU CRY RaPE!!!
Is that a "legitimate rape" that qualifies for arrest of the poor put upon bum???

Fight the smears!

Back to your cave :eusa_boohoo:

Fight the smears!

re......tard......

His comments just put him squarely in line with the FRC and the Republican platform's call to ban all abortions even in the case of rape. Not sure what the problem is.

It doesnt fare well with the Anmerican voter which is why the republicnas have to cheat to win

Here's what Akin actually said, "the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year"

Why is that so hard to understand?

Fight the smears!
He said both. The second statement was his "excuse" for making the first statement.

He believes that rape is sometimes not legitimate. He also believes rape is sometimes not forcible.

He also believes that women can't get pregnant if they are legitimately raped.

I'm surprised to find you defending him.

Here's what Akin actually said, "the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year"

He said that during his apology for his first comment.

The man pulled a ignorant Biden like Statement and deserves what he gets.....At least he wast like Clinton or a Kennedy and actually rape women.

Forum List

Back