Today's TV Sitcoms...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
blow me away...

can't remember the last time we had a better crop of offerings...

they're incredibly witty and laugh-out-loud funny...

and have drawn me back to being a regular TV viewer again...

The Last Man Standing and Baby Daddy are my favorites right now and if the show is good enough, the new one coming soon starring Reba will be my third favorite. :) :) :)

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I can see Big Bang Theory has some good writing, but they're so limited in subjects to nerd/sex humor. Really? I get it now.

Otherwise my TV viewing ends at Dr. Who... on DVD, or shows made before 1990 with the exception of Fraiser and Murphy Brown.

I think the tv sitcoms of today are an insult to somebody's intelligence. They are not funny to me at all.

There are some great one's.

WHitney and 2 broke girls are funny.

Modern Family
Community -Brilliant.

I can see Big Bang Theory has some good writing, but they're so limited in subjects to nerd/sex humor. Really? I get it now.

Otherwise my TV viewing ends at Dr. Who... on DVD, or shows made before 1990 with the exception of Fraiser and Murphy Brown.

Love Dr. Who - well teh new doctors - Eccelston forward. TO me though the stories were good the old timey WHo's were too cardboard cut out for me to enjoy visually.

Freudian Values!

I like a number of 'modern sitcoms,' which speak to a new age pedestrian interest in 'Freudian values' --- Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, and Family Guy (albeit a cartoon), but I'm a big fan of the gender-clever diner show 2 Broke Girls (a nice TV achievement IMP), since it reminds me of yesteryear's equally gender-clever 'diner-aura' show Alice.

In fact, I like thinking about which 'celebrity women' are embodied by the two sharp waitresses from 2 Broke Girls, Max (a rather wise working-girl) and Caroline (a rich-girl turned work-force charmer). This is an under-appreciated show.

====

Sarah Palin (Max)
Hillary Clinton (Caroline)

Anne Hathaway (Max)
Katie Holmes (Caroline)

Cinderella (Max)
Snow White (Caroline)

Eliza Doolittle (Max)
Princess Buttercup (Caroline)

Cher (Max)
Julia Roberts (Caroline)

Frida Kahlo (Max)