Today's the Day? Zarqawi captured?

DKSuddeth said:
almost identical to the report I posted yesterday, maybe there IS some truth to it.

Great minds think alike! :beer:

HGROKIT said:
cool - more to come I am sure.

It's weird to be hitting the media two days in a row! Like DK said, he had nearly the same account yesterday, then they all backed off. :cof:

Kathianne said:
It's weird to be hitting the media two days in a row! Like DK said, he had nearly the same account yesterday, then they all backed off. :cof:
I didn't see yesterday's account. Was there credit given to the Iraqi police in it?

Can you believe some of the comments? Totally amazing that people that stupid have somehow defied the mechanics of evolution.

HGROKIT said:
What are you talking about?

If you scroll down below the article Kathianne posted (way down) there are comments posted by people from all over the world. Some a rather strange.

Merlin1047 said:
Can you believe some of the comments? Totally amazing that people that stupid have somehow defied the mechanics of evolution.

Wow Merlin, good catch on the comments! I am too fixated on what I look for, gotta branch out more! :beer:

Originally Posted by Isaac Brock
Forgive my ignorance,but who is this fellow besides the kidnapped of the Bulgarians? It's hard to keep track of these names these days.

I first heard Zarqawi's name when this story broke, that the letter of an al-qaeda terror coordinator was intercepted by the Coalition Provisional Authority in mid March of 2004:

Text from Abu Mus’ab al-Zarqawi Letter

"1 -- We are striving urgently and racing against time to create companies of mujahidin that will repair to secure places and strive to reconnoiter the country, hunting the enemy – Americans, police, and soldiers -- on the roads and lanes. We are continuing to train and multiply them. As for the Shi`a, we will hurt them, God willing, through martyrdom operations and car bombs.

2. – We have been striving for some time to observe the arena and sift the those who work in it in search of those who are sincere and on the right path, so that we can cooperate with them for the good and coordinate some actions with them, so as to achieve solidarity and unity after testing and trying them. We hope that we have made good progress. Perhaps we will decide to go public soon, even if in a gradual way, so that we can come out into the open. We have been hiding for a long time. We are seriously preparing media material that will reveal the facts, call forth firm intentions, arouse determination, and be[come] an arena of jihad in which the pen and the sword complement each other.

3 – This will be accompanied by an effort that we hope will intensify to expose crippling doubts and explain the rules of shari`a through tapes, printed materials, study, and courses of learning [meant] to expand awareness, anchor the doctrine of the unity of God, prepare the infrastructure, and meet [our] obligation.

5 (sic) – TheTiming for Implementation

It is our hope to accelerate the pace of work and that companies and battalions with expertise, experience, and endurance will be formed to await the zero hour when we will begin to appear in the open, gain control the land at night, and extend it into daylight, the One and Conquering God willing. We hope that this matter, I mean the zero hour, will [come] four months or so before the promised government is formed. As you can see, we are racing against time. If we are able, as we hope, to turn the tables on them and thwart their plan, this will be good. If the other [scenario] [happens] – and we seek refuge in God – and the government extends its control over the country, we will have to pack our bags and break camp for another land in which we can resume carrying the banner or in which God will choose us as martyrs for his sake."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/iraq/2004/02/040212-al-zarqawi.htm
http://www.cpa.gov/transcripts/20040212_zarqawi_full.html

The full text is available at global security. This is only a fraction of it.

And just for yuks
yuk_157x157.gif
, here's a Zarqawi fan site that at least mentions most of the other things Zarqawi has been implicated in.

Rotten

Forum List

Back