Today’s Supreme Court abortion ruling is a real head scratcher.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Supreme Court leaves intact block on one Indiana abortion restriction, but allows fetal burial to go into effect

The Supreme Court overturned this part:

a state may prohibit abortions motivated solely by race, sex or disability.

Republicans want to force women to have retarded babies or babies that die right after birth.
The Supreme Court said no.

And they’re saying that an abortion has to be treated like a funeral or cremation.

But the justices also allowed a part of an Indiana law to go into effect that requires that fetal tissue be buried or cremated.

So what are they doing? They’re trying to be moral and be morbidly weird at the same time? I don’t get it.

Thought process from the Republicans are just a mystery to me. Remember, these are people that think putting babies in cages is a great idea. And that poor people have too much health care.

You don't get that we Respectfully burry dead humans?

You’re talking about the fetus. We know exactly how much respect Republicans have for human beings.

6562889ee5d124ef52182942c710f598.jpeg

Sounds like the SCOTUS just killed PP's SELLING BABY PARTS BUSINESS....One can hope!

The Supreme Court on Tuesday reversed a lower court's decision invalidating part of Indiana's abortion law on the disposal of fetal remains, allowing it to go into effect.

But the court declined to take up a challenge to a provision blocking abortions on the basis of sex, race or disability, avoiding a major ruling on abortion for the time being.

The fetal remains law — signed by then-Gov. Mike Pence (R) — required that the remains from abortions or miscarriages be buried or cremated. The court reversed a ruling from the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals that found the law unconstitutional.

"We reiterate that, in challenging this provision, respondents have never argued that Indiana's law imposes an undue burden on a woman's right to obtain an abortion," the court's order reads.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

The Japanese Art of Grieving a Miscarriage

When we lived in Japan, my husband took me on a date to a cemetery. In his defense, it was a famous cemetery in an Ewok-worthy forest on Mount Koya known for gimmicky headstones in the shapes of rockets and coffee cups.

Yet they didn’t interest me as much as the hundreds of stone Jizo statues that lined the wooded paths. These small figurines dressed in red caps and bibs honor the souls of babies who are never born. Crowding their feet are toys and snacks left by parents to comfort their children in the afterlife. Sometimes a woman would turn away as we approached her on the path. Sometimes the flowers would still be fresh.

When we lived in Japan, my husband took me on a date to a cemetery. In his defense, it was a famous cemetery in an Ewok-worthy forest on Mount Koya known for gimmicky headstones in the shapes of rockets and coffee cups.

Yet they didn’t interest me as much as the hundreds of stone Jizo statues that lined the wooded paths. These small figurines dressed in red caps and bibs honor the souls of babies who are never born. Crowding their feet are toys and snacks left by parents to comfort their children in the afterlife. Sometimes a woman would turn away as we approached her on the path. Sometimes the flowers would still be fresh.

Abortion: What to expect and where to go if you have to take that path in Tokyo - Japan Today

It’s still legal in Japan.

Abortion: What to expect and where to go if you have to take that path in Tokyo - Japan Today

It’s still legal in Japan.

As anyone ever heard of a woman say " I had a miscarriage of my fetus?"

Supreme Court leaves intact block on one Indiana abortion restriction, but allows fetal burial to go into effect

Republicans want to force women to have retarded babies or babies that die right after birth.

And they’re saying that an abortion has to be treated like a funeral or cremation.

But the justices also allowed a part of an Indiana law to go into effect that requires that fetal tissue be buried or cremated.

So what are they doing? They’re trying to be moral and be morbidly weird at the same time? I don’t get it.

Thought process from the Republicans are just a mystery to me. Remember, these are people that think putting babies in cages is a great idea. And that poor people have too much health care.
Once again for your dean-
The term does not include these activities if done with
23 the intent to save the life or preserve the health of an
24 unborn child, remove a dead unborn child, to deliver the
25 unborn child prematurely to avoid a serious health risk to the
26 unborn child's mother, or to preserve the health of her unborn
27 child. The term does not include a procedure or act to
Page 5
1 terminate the pregnancy of a woman with an ectopic pregnancy,
2 nor does it include the procedure or act to terminate the
3 pregnancy of a woman when the unborn child has a lethal
4 anomaly
Alabama HB314 | 2019 | Regular Session
So, quit with your lies.

These statutes directly interfere with a woman's right to choose her own religion, as well as her rights to physical autonomy and privacy.

In the case if the Indiana law, I don't know how the politicians can determine what motivates a woman's decision to have an abortion. Moreover, these politicians have not explained how the state is going to deal with all of these disabled children.Well-staffed state-run orphanages?

This is not a well-thought-out law. I bet there is not an ob/gyn among these politicians. They probably run car dealers or roofing companies.

Sounds like the SCOTUS just killed PP's SELLING BABY PARTS BUSINESS....One can hope!

The Supreme Court on Tuesday reversed a lower court's decision invalidating part of Indiana's abortion law on the disposal of fetal remains, allowing it to go into effect.

But the court declined to take up a challenge to a provision blocking abortions on the basis of sex, race or disability, avoiding a major ruling on abortion for the time being.

The fetal remains law — signed by then-Gov. Mike Pence (R) — required that the remains from abortions or miscarriages be buried or cremated. The court reversed a ruling from the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals that found the law unconstitutional.

"We reiterate that, in challenging this provision, respondents have never argued that Indiana's law imposes an undue burden on a woman's right to obtain an abortion," the court's order reads.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...
They can by pass that ruling by having the mother sign a wavier and it is legal.

Did you just say retarded babies ? Lol wow

Well libs, looks like you're not going to be able to throw dead babies in the dumpster in Indiana any more.

Fetal remains
Thomas also wrote to express his support for the provision of the law that requires fetal remains be buried or cremated.
"I would have thought it could go without saying that nothing in the Constitution or any decision of this Court prevents a State from requiring abortion facilities to provide for the respectful treatment of human remains," he wrote.
Indiana's law requires that fetal remains be disposed of the same way as other human remains (i.e. burial and cremation). A separate provision says that the state can prohibit abortion that is solely motivated by the race, sex, or disability of the fetus.
The law has been blocked from going into effect by lower courts.
In court papers, Curtis Hill Jr., Indiana's attorney general, said the language "expands on long-established legal and cultural traditions of recognizing the dignity and humanity of the fetus."

Supreme Court leaves intact block on Indiana abortion restriction - CNNPolitics

New Topics

Forum List

Back