Today's Kids have "Facebook Depression"

Sure, but some people like to put a certain emphasis on his middle name. Like Pale Rider.

Getting back to the OP, I don't see the point of someone who is 12-14 using Facebook in the first place.

If I'm not mistaken, one is supposed to be at least a certain age (not sure if it's 14 or 18)...but kids lie.
I know parents who lied for their children to let them have Facebook, and then say they keep watch over them. Yeah, right..OK.

I knew my 14 yr old would create one anyway . . . all they have to do is lie about their age. I'd rather her have it and I know it and she has to be friends with me. She's put me on a 'hide all my posts from' list. I just go in and change it and tell her to knock it off. It is constant though. Just gotta keep up and pay attention.

I don't let my 12 year old granddaughter on the computer unless I am in the room. And she is not allowed to have a Facebook and I have parental blocks set up, and I follow her everywhere she goes. Poor thing, she prolly feels me breathing down her neck :lol: She isn't even allowed to use instant messenger. If she wants to chat with a friend, she has a cell phone for that, and I monitor that too.

I cant believe how many people DONT CARE ABOUT THIER PRIVACY!!!!!

They go on that garbage site and post EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM!!!!

They are so dumbed down its not funny....

I have great nieces and nephews considerably younger than 14 who are on Facebook. But so are their older siblings, their parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. We all interact together and everybody plays Facebook games with everybody. As long as the parents can monitor those accounts, most especially the friends list so they are aware of any 'stranger' on it, it is harmless. And it is allowing us to get acqauinted with these kids in a way that wouldn't otherwise have happened because we're all scattered coast to coast.

I have 3 sons. When the 2 older ones where growing up it was harder to catch them up in the stupid things teenages do becasue they usually planned their adventures in person or on the phone. My youngest one is big into facebook. When I want to know what he is up to i just log into his account. One time the dummy (love you son) posted about a party he went to and got tore up.

Children are too often taught to look for validation outside of themselves and facebook and other online social media make it harder for parents to teach them to self validate themselves. But television, movies, and video games do that as well.

Forum List

Back