Today’s Harris Gift to Republicans

In an interview yesterday with the radio show The Breakfast Club, Harris admitted to smoking weed in college (“I did inhale,” she said, laughing, “I just broke news!”) and that she listened to Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur while getting high. Here’s the problem: Harris graduated from Howard in 1986 and law school in 1989. Snoop Dogg, then known as Snoop Doggy Dogg, didn’t get started until 1992 and Tupac’s “career did not take off until the early 1990s when he debuted in Digital Underground’s ‘Same Song’ from the soundtrack to the 1991 film Nothing but Trouble.

So either Harris was baked enough to time travel or she hit the bong after being in school. Not cool for a candidate whose slogan is “speaking truth, demanding justice.” Most likely, she’s just trying to curate a playlist that sends the right message. In this, she’s hardly alone.

Kamala Harris Got So High Smoking Weed in College She Thought She Was Listening To Snoop Dogg and Tupac

I’m going out on a limb here and bet she spends more time high than not now.

What’s wrong wh her smoking some weed?

Nothing at all. In fact, this whole thing is rather silly. That said, I think everyone posting in this thread (yourself included) is aware that the point being emphasized by the various online news stories about this is not that she admitted to smoking weed (even, by her description, "a long time ago," while "in college"). Literally nobody cares about that these days after Clinton and Bush - hell, by the time Obama was President, the pics of him smoking a joint didn't even make it to the SNL news desk.

It's rather obvious that the thing being emphasized is that when asked if she remembered the high from back then, and what music she was listening to when she was high at that time, she named music that didn't exist at the time--one of which was suggested by one of the hosts (Snoop, which she confirmed), the other offered by her (Tupac).

Again, in the grand scheme of things, this is silly and will be forgotten in a week (if that). But there is no question that it was inaccurate, and was obviously said in order to flow with the context of that radio show and its target audience. If she did smoke weed back in 85-89, it's certainly likely she was listening to some hip hop--it just wasn't Snoop or Tupac. If she had said 2 Live Crew, she would have been in the clear, lol. Instead, she named the more popular names in hip hop, and opened herself up to the criticism that comes with being a national politician and saying something that is able to be demonstrated as untrue.

In an interview yesterday with the radio show The Breakfast Club, Harris admitted to smoking weed in college (“I did inhale,” she said, laughing, “I just broke news!”) and that she listened to Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur while getting high. Here’s the problem: Harris graduated from Howard in 1986 and law school in 1989. Snoop Dogg, then known as Snoop Doggy Dogg, didn’t get started until 1992 and Tupac’s “career did not take off until the early 1990s when he debuted in Digital Underground’s ‘Same Song’ from the soundtrack to the 1991 film Nothing but Trouble.

So either Harris was baked enough to time travel or she hit the bong after being in school. Not cool for a candidate whose slogan is “speaking truth, demanding justice.” Most likely, she’s just trying to curate a playlist that sends the right message. In this, she’s hardly alone.

Kamala Harris Got So High Smoking Weed in College She Thought She Was Listening To Snoop Dogg and Tupac

Nothing at all. In fact, this whole thing is rather silly. That said, I think everyone posting in this thread (yourself included) is aware that the point being emphasized by the various online news stories about this is not that she admitted to smoking weed (even, by her description, "a long time ago," while "in college"). Literally nobody cares about that these days after Clinton and Bush - hell, by the time Obama was President, the pics of him smoking a joint didn't even make it to the SNL news desk.

It's rather obvious that the thing being emphasized is that when asked if she remembered the high from back then, and what music she was listening to when she was high at that time, she named music that didn't exist at the time--one of which was suggested by one of the hosts (Snoop, which she confirmed), the other offered by her (Tupac).

Again, in the grand scheme of things, this is silly and will be forgotten in a week (if that). But there is no question that it was inaccurate, and was obviously said in order to flow with the context of that radio show and its target audience. If she did smoke weed back in 85-89, it's certainly likely she was listening to some hip hop--it just wasn't Snoop or Tupac. If she had said 2 Live Crew, she would have been in the clear, lol. Instead, she named the more popular names in hip hop, and opened herself up to the criticism that comes with being a national politician and saying something that is able to be demonstrated as untrue.
Possibly. She could have just been mistaken though or even had no idea but grabbed popular manes in a genre she listens to. Considering all the outright lies coming from pretty much everyone in government these days I don't see how this even registers either way though.

Possibly. She could have just been mistaken though or even had no idea but grabbed popular manes in a genre she listens to. Considering all the outright lies coming from pretty much everyone in government these days I don't see how this even registers either way though.

I'm pretty sure she lied, given that she was something of an anti-marijuana crusader in her early career. Either she was a lying, pandering hypocrite then, or she's a lying panderer now.

My personal guess is that she was an enormous dork back in the day.

I'm pretty sure she lied, given that she was something of an anti-marijuana crusader in her early career. Either she was a lying, pandering hypocrite then, or she's a lying panderer now.

My personal guess is that she was an enormous dork back in the day.
One of the biggest anti-gun nuts in Sacramento was a Democrat who is now in prison for trying to sell rockets and machine guns to terrorists.

They always put on a nice show for the audience.

Forum List

Back