todays democrat would never have voted for jfk

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
kennedy was the first democrat president after FDR to cut taxes to stimulate the economy. It is a policy shunned by every other democrat that has been elected into office after that. imthink Kennedy would have been considered conservative by today's democrat.

What does cutting taxes have to do with "conservative"?

Except for Harry Truman, Kennedy was the first Democrat POTUS after FDR period.

Of course they would. They always prefer form over substance. Other than having good speech (and ghost) writers, JFK was a blundering amateur who invited foreign aggression. Sound familiar?

Taxes had been raised to pay for WWII and it was just about getting paid off so in this instance a tax cut made sense and wasn't done primarily on some sort of stupid trickle down economic theory gift to the rich.

President John F. Kennedy signs Executive Order 10988, guaranteeing federal workers the right to join unions and bargain collectively - Jan 17th 1962

President John F. Kennedy signs Executive Order 10988, guaranteeing federal workers the right to join unions and bargain collectively - Jan 17th 1962

He also said "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Today's Democrats support just the opposite of that. Just a few short years after his assassination, under a Democrat President, the mindset of your country should take from one group and give to another group is the path the Democrats started.

He also said "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Today's Democrats support just the opposite of that. Just a few short years after his assassination, under a Democrat President, the mindset of your country should take from one group and give to another group is the path the Democrats started.

Medicaid and Medicare and essentially all of the anti-poverty program so often attributed to LBJ were Kennedy's ideas.

Medicaid and Medicare and essentially all of the anti-poverty program so often attributed to LBJ were Kennedy's ideas.

That Johnson SIGNED them into law is the important part.

Funny how you want to blame the dead guy for something that passed AFTER he died.

He also said in that speech:

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

When the government mandates and continues to mandate more and more that one group it thinks has too much should be required to do for other group that same government thinks has too little, there is no free society.

Freedom involves choice so you bleeding hearts say on all sorts of other issue. However, when it comes to a choice you don't think people should have, you're not worried about freedom but compliance with mandates.

When the government mandates and continues to mandate more and more that one group it thinks has too much should be required to do for other group that same government thinks has too little, there is no free society.

Freedom involves choice so you bleeding hearts say on all sorts of other issue. However, when it comes to a choice you don't think people should have, you're not worried about freedom but compliance with mandates.

You want the freedom to be selfish and never have to lift a finger to help your country. You will lose that vote every time.

The top tax rate has been cut by almost 60% since JFK took office. What has gotten better? Was our budget balanced? Have the for

You want the freedom to be selfish and never have to lift a finger to help your country. You will lose that vote every time.

I want the freedom to do with what's mine (money) just like you want the freedom for someone woman to do with her body (abortion). NO difference.

Interesting how you define selfish as not willing to do with what's MINE the way you think I should. You'll lose that argument every time.

The top tax rate has been cut by almost 60% since JFK took office. What has gotten better? Was our budget balanced? Have the for

I want the freedom to do with what's mine (money) just like you want the freedom for someone woman to do with her body (abortion). NO difference.

Interesting how you define selfish as not willing to do with what's MINE the way you think I should. You'll lose that argument every time.

WTF? You think your desire to criminalize abortion represents your 'individual freedom' agenda?

lol, that's some funny stuff.

Do you want to outlaw mandatory taxation, or do you want taxation to be decided by a democratically elected representative government of the people?

Do you want to outlaw mandatory taxation, or do you want taxation to be decided by a democratically elected representative government of the people?

Taxation as a general concept is not something I oppose. Taxation to fund programs not Constitutionally delegated passed by elected representatives voted on by people who don't pay the very taxes they want raise in order that they get something the rest of us earned is the problem.

Still defining selfish as someone not wanting to do with their money the way you think they should?

kennedy was the first democrat president after FDR to cut taxes to stimulate the economy. It is a policy shunned by every other democrat that has been elected into office after that. imthink Kennedy would have been considered conservative by today's democrat.
JFK cut taxes to 70% for the rich

I could support that rate

JFK cut taxes to 70% for the rich

I could support that rate

I'm sure you would while allowing almost half in the country, the freeloaders, to continue to pay nothing.

WTF? You think your desire to criminalize abortion represents your 'individual freedom' agenda?

lol, that's some funny stuff.

You think supporting choice only on the issues with which you agree while opposing it when you don't represents your stance as for being for freedom? That's funny.

Taxation as a general concept is not something I oppose. Taxation to fund programs not Constitutionally delegated passed by elected representatives voted on by people who don't pay the very taxes they want raise in order that they get something the rest of us earned is the problem.

Still defining selfish as someone not wanting to do with their money the way you think they should?

War IS Constitutionally delegated. And that's why taxes were so high at the time in the first place. Which was already posted here NINE MONTHS AGO.

Forum List

Back