today we remember pearl harbor....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
dec 7, 1941

DSC00203.jpg

Last edited:
My brother in law forwarded a recently discovered cache of pictures from Pearl Harbor. If someone fluent in Computer will volunteer, I will send them to you so you can post them

The Bombing of Pearl was a tragedy in many ways. Not only did it kill over 2400 people,primarily servicemen, but it set the stage for Curtis LeMay's devastating firebombing of Japan, and it sent thousands of Americans into the war in both the Pacific and Europe.
Had Japan simply ignored the US threat on their flank, in the Philippines, Roosevelt may have found it impossible to garner the support required for a declaration of war.
By December 7, 1941, a day that will live in infamy, the German Werhmacht had already lost their chance at a knockout blow against Russia. A Year later, before the US presence was felt in Europe, Stalingrad destroyed any remaining chance Germany had of victory.

Yamamoto had predicted Japan's defeat before the attack. It is unfortunate that the Japanese hawks did not listen to him.

frank email me the pics.....and i will post them it will take me some time....or you can do it...i will walk you thru the process....it really is simple with photobucket....

arizona_memorial_015.jpg

she still leaks oil and bleeds for her crew. my Dad enlisted right after the attack to. he was only 17 so his dad signed the papers for him to get in

zlqgwi.jpg

arizona_memorial_015.jpg

she still leaks oil and bleeds for her crew. my Dad enlisted right after the attack to. he was only 17 so his dad signed the papers for him to get in

zlqgwi.jpg

Good for your dad...you should be proud

History repeats. America will always do the right thing in the end. Even when they don't want to do it and do everything possible to do it a more gentler way, there comes a time when they are simply attacked so strongly that they do the right thing. This was so in both great wars. My father fought in the last war as a Canadian pilot and I fought in seventy three using the Canadian friendly transfer agreement that stands to this day.

My father joined up long before America did, but he told me that America is a gentle giant in comparison to the other large countries and as such is slow to anger, unless you punish its citizens.

I will have prayers said that day. For all who died in the preserving of a far more tolerant world. For that's what is at stake. Tolerance ratios across the world shows the real truth of what's out there.

Forum List

Back