Today: National Debt 100% of GDP

I usually do not respond to name callers but do you have any solution that is not like an atomic bomb going off in our society? If it's a plan to fix things in the foreseeable future while leaving the power structure that caused the mess in place then it is not going to work and cause more problems then it solves.

I can tell you this....the spending is going to have to be reduced to where you bitch and complain about it, and then some. If it doesn't reach that point, then it's not enough.
:eusa_whistle:

Nothing is going to be enough if it leaves our system of corporate welfare as is. Conservatives wither in fear at the thought of that.

You're stupid, no doubt about that. There isn't a politician out there that is serious about debt reduction. I can admit it, but you're a liberal partisan hack that thinks that the debt can keep rising without ramifications. How did you ever learn how to breath?

PS try and put me on ignore. :)

I usually do not respond to name callers but do you have any solution that is not like an atomic bomb going off in our society? If it's a plan to fix things in the foreseeable future while leaving the power structure that caused the mess in place then it is not going to work and cause more problems then it solves.

Simple concept dumb ass. The democrats have for 3 years REFUSED to cut anything while demanding we spend MORE. We are racking up over a trillion a year in debt and they have NO plan to stop it. The Republicans submitted budgets that cut the spending back but don't fix the problem either. At least they are talking about serious cuts in spending.

Obama racked up almost as much debt in 4 years as Bush did in 8. What part of that escapes you? Not only is he spending twice as fast he keeps asking for even MORE. And the Dems are more then happy to give it to him.

They made a deal to do an across the board cut if the Super Committee failed. They then complained the Republicans were going to exempt the military while they are trying to blame the Republicans for the cuts and trying to save social programs from agreed on cuts.

The dems have zero solutions., They have put forward NOTHING to suggest they will change. And contrary to liberal beliefs the rich can not make up a trillion dollar deficit each year.

In this light of your silly name calling you get to join the other childish people on my ignore list.

Who wants to have a discussion about deficit spending with a person that claims creating double the debt is simply not a problem. If you could read this I would remind you you an ignorant dumb ass.

Simple concept dumb ass. The democrats have for 3 years REFUSED to cut anything while demanding we spend MORE. We are racking up over a trillion a year in debt and they have NO plan to stop it. The Republicans submitted budgets that cut the spending back but don't fix the problem either. At least they are talking about serious cuts in spending.

Obama racked up almost as much debt in 4 years as Bush did in 8. What part of that escapes you? Not only is he spending twice as fast he keeps asking for even MORE. And the Dems are more then happy to give it to him.

They made a deal to do an across the board cut if the Super Committee failed. They then complained the Republicans were going to exempt the military while they are trying to blame the Republicans for the cuts and trying to save social programs from agreed on cuts.

The dems have zero solutions., They have put forward NOTHING to suggest they will change. And contrary to liberal beliefs the rich can not make up a trillion dollar deficit each year.

In this light of your silly name calling you get to join the other childish people on my ignore list.

Who wants to have a discussion about deficit spending with a person that claims creating double the debt is simply not a problem. If you could read this I would remind you you an ignorant dumb ass.

Let me bump that post for you.

I can tell you this....the spending is going to have to be reduced to where you bitch and complain about it, and then some. If it doesn't reach that point, then it's not enough.

Nothing is going to be enough if it leaves our system of corporate welfare as is. Conservatives wither in fear at the thought of that.

You're stupid, no doubt about that. There isn't a politician out there that is serious about debt reduction. I can admit it, but you're a liberal partisan hack that thinks that the debt can keep rising without ramifications. How did you ever learn how to breath?

You know I would really like to discuss this, I really would, but I am not here to be a target for abuse.

You know I would really like to discuss this, I really would, but I am not here to be a target for abuse.

Dude, you're the only person that I ever knew to put a "Kick Me" sign on your own back.

You don't discuss, you deny, that's why I don't think you're very intelligent.

YOU chose to claim that a party making no effort to rein in spending is going to fix our problems. A party spending twice as fast, doubling the deficit twice as fast. And your reply was it was that the spending was no problem and that somehow a party that creates over a trillion dollar deficit a year, demands to spend more, is going to realistically fix the problem.

Once again they have made ZERO effort to cut spending, they in fact want to spend MORE. So in your 20 years we will be 30 trillion MORE in debt.

What a pathetic Chicken Little convention this thread is. Crawl into your bunkers, lock the doors and let the courageous fix this mess.

WHO are the courageous and WHAT do you presume they will/would do?

I'm genuinely curious and waiting patiently:WHO are the courageous and WHAT do you presume they will/would do?

There aren't any, and we won't have any until there are term limits. Congress and Senate is a career job and and are more worried about elections and polling than they are of solving the problems they created.

Record debt, deficits, first ever downgrade and Obama is saying he needs one more term to "finish the job"

What do you suppose he means?

obama_hat--140x100.jpg
cartoon1321.jpg

WHO are the courageous and WHAT do you presume they will/would do?

I'm genuinely curious and waiting patiently:WHO are the courageous and WHAT do you presume they will/would do?

There aren't any, and we won't have any until there are term limits. Congress and Senate is a career job and and are more worried about elections and polling than they are of solving the problems they created.

I'm a GREAT supporter of term limits but, ALAS the sitting congress would need to pass it. ROTSARUCK

I'm a GREAT supporter of term limits but, ALAS the sitting congress would need to pass it. ROTSARUCK

And there is the rub

And there is the rub

Us Federal Legislative term limits REQUIRE an Amendment to the Constitution. Not only would Congress have to create the Amendment it would require a majority of voters in 37 States to pass.

Come on occupied admit it you misspoke - we're talking numbers here beyond even your high level of comprehension.

If we managed to reduce spending to 100 billion less than revenue for 10 years we wouldn't pay off 10% of the debt (even at today's incredibly low interest rates - which can't remain so).30 years we'd be down to 12-13 trillion in debt. I can as easily comprehend infinity.

Last edited:
Record debt, deficits, first ever downgrade and Obama is saying he needs one more term to "finish the job"

What do you suppose he means?

obama_hat--140x100.jpg

A Democrat slogan to vote for them.

Our Party was no where to be found when Bush was President.
Democrat party in Power now....We (Democrats) just can't get anything done...thanks to
Republicans stopping us and raining on our parade.

SO.?

Please vote Democrat 2012....

:D

What a pathetic Chicken Little convention this thread is. Crawl into your bunkers, lock the doors and let the courageous fix this mess.

i'm not sure anyone on either side is addressing the issue of our national debt. it hasn't gone down one penny since 1952.

There are some very good ideas that would make all the difference, in 20 years, trying to fix everything in one term is just silly and destructive. We need a long view and the patience to implement plans that will take 20,50,100 years to bear fruit. You want it all right now, not going to happen. The sky is not falling, we are no worse off than we were yesterday, yet here we have a bunch of cowardly lions having fits that it is all over and that nothing short of nuking the government will do. The short view got us into this mess and it will not get us out.
So you think we should spend our childrens money, and then leave them with the debt.

Thanks, this clears up alot about you, and the whole occupy fiasco.

WRONGO LIBBY. Corporate welfare is dead nuts in Ron Pauls sights.

Forum List

Back