Today: National Debt 100% of GDP

What a pathetic Chicken Little convention this thread is. Crawl into your bunkers, lock the doors and let the courageous fix this mess.

What a pathetic Chicken Little convention this thread is. Crawl into your bunkers, lock the doors and let the courageous fix this mess.

If you mean Obama and the Democrats you are beyond stupid. They have made absolutely no effort to cut spending, instead demanding MORE spending. And their solution? Raise taxes BUT spend even more as the taxes go up. Cut defense when we can ill afford to so we can spend EVEN more on social programs we CAN NOT AFFORD.

Agree to an across the board cut and then complain the Republicans are reneging while blaming them for the cuts.

You are a MORON.

i'm not sure anyone on either side is addressing the issue of our national debt. it hasn't gone down one penny since 1952.

i'm not sure anyone on either side is addressing the issue of our national debt. it hasn't gone down one penny since 1952.

There are some very good ideas that would make all the difference, in 20 years, trying to fix everything in one term is just silly and destructive. We need a long view and the patience to implement plans that will take 20,50,100 years to bear fruit. You want it all right now, not going to happen. The sky is not falling, we are no worse off than we were yesterday, yet here we have a bunch of cowardly lions having fits that it is all over and that nothing short of nuking the government will do. The short view got us into this mess and it will not get us out.

...we are no worse off than we were yesterday

Wanna bet? Everyday, the feds take in about $6 billion in revenue while spending about $10billion. So, you're wrong, we're about $4billion worse off than we were yesterday.

Sucks, don't it?

There are some very good ideas that would make all the difference, in 20 years, trying to fix everything in one term is just silly and destructive. We need a long view and the patience to implement plans that will take 20,50,100 years to bear fruit. You want it all right now, not going to happen. The sky is not falling, we are no worse off than we were yesterday, yet here we have a bunch of cowardly lions having fits that it is all over and that nothing short of nuking the government will do. The short view got us into this mess and it will not get us out.

So your remedy is just kick the can down the road some more. The road doesn't go forever, dude.

Wanna bet? Everyday, the feds take in about $6 billion in revenue while spending about $10billion. So, you're wrong, we're about $4billion worse off than we were yesterday.

Sucks, don't it?

There's that short, narrow view I was talking about on full display for all to see. Thank-you for the demonstration, you may now take your place under your desk again.

So your remedy is just kick the can down the road some more. The road doesn't go forever, dude.

My remedy is to not freak the fuck out and do something stupid like we did after 9/11, It's entirely possible to fix this mess but not by tomorrow or next year or next president. Americans, apparently, lack the ability to see beyond the next term in office or the next business quarter. The short sighted "solutions" offered by the conservatives are fraught with unintended consequences you could not get them to consider at gun point.

Sucks, don't it?

There's that short, narrow view I was talking about on full display for all to see. Thank-you for the demonstration, you may now take your place under your desk again.

And thank you for your demonstration on being an idiot. 4 billion a day is not chicken feed money. 120 billion a month, and 1.44 trillion a year....what a liberal fuck you are.

My remedy is to not freak the fuck out and do something stupid like we did after 9/11, It's entirely possible to fix this mess but not by tomorrow or next year or next president. Americans, apparently, lack the ability to see beyond the next term in office or the next business quarter. The short sighted "solutions" offered by the conservatives are fraught with unintended consequences you could not get them to consider at gun point.

There are no solutions for the problem by either party for any amount of time, dude! They just want to try to slow the bleed.

Simple math retard. Bush was President for 8 years and during that time we racked up 6 trillion MORE debt. Obama followed him and in 4 years will have racked up almost the same amount. And you claim we are no worse off? He will double the debt if reelected. He did as much as Bush in debt in HALF the time and they have taken NO steps to stop it.

I guess reality , math and intelligence just aren't your strong suit ehh?

Sucks, don't it?

And thank you for your demonstration on being an idiot. 4 billion a day is not chicken feed money. 120 billion a month, and 1.44 trillion a year....what a liberal fuck you are.

I usually do not respond to name callers but do you have any solution that is not like an atomic bomb going off in our society? If it's a plan to fix things in the foreseeable future while leaving the power structure that caused the mess in place then it is not going to work and cause more problems then it solves.

I usually do not respond to name callers but do you have any solution that is not like an atomic bomb going off in our society? If it's a plan to fix things in the foreseeable future while leaving the power structure that caused the mess in place then it is not going to work and cause more problems then it solves.

I can tell you this....the spending is going to have to be reduced to where you bitch and complain about it, and then some. If it doesn't reach that point, then it's not enough.
:eusa_whistle:

Sucks, don't it?

Here's what you're missing: That spending you're not worried about isn't helping, it's hurting, making things worse. Allowing such destructive behavior to continue is what rational people refer to as short-term, narrow thinking.

Ironic.

Simple concept dumb ass. The democrats have for 3 years REFUSED to cut anything while demanding we spend MORE. We are racking up over a trillion a year in debt and they have NO plan to stop it. The Republicans submitted budgets that cut the spending back but don't fix the problem either. At least they are talking about serious cuts in spending.

Obama racked up almost as much debt in 4 years as Bush did in 8. What part of that escapes you? Not only is he spending twice as fast he keeps asking for even MORE. And the Dems are more then happy to give it to him.

They made a deal to do an across the board cut if the Super Committee failed. They then complained the Republicans were going to exempt the military while they are trying to blame the Republicans for the cuts and trying to save social programs from agreed on cuts.

The dems have zero solutions., They have put forward NOTHING to suggest they will change. And contrary to liberal beliefs the rich can not make up a trillion dollar deficit each year.

I can tell you this....the spending is going to have to be reduced to where you bitch and complain about it, and then some. If it doesn't reach that point, then it's not enough.
:eusa_whistle:

Nothing is going to be enough if it leaves our system of corporate welfare as is. Conservatives wither in fear at the thought of that.

Simple concept dumb ass. The democrats have for 3 years REFUSED to cut anything while demanding we spend MORE. We are racking up over a trillion a year in debt and they have NO plan to stop it. The Republicans submitted budgets that cut the spending back but don't fix the problem either. At least they are talking about serious cuts in spending.

Obama racked up almost as much debt in 4 years as Bush did in 8. What part of that escapes you? Not only is he spending twice as fast he keeps asking for even MORE. And the Dems are more then happy to give it to him.

They made a deal to do an across the board cut if the Super Committee failed. They then complained the Republicans were going to exempt the military while they are trying to blame the Republicans for the cuts and trying to save social programs from agreed on cuts.

The dems have zero solutions., They have put forward NOTHING to suggest they will change. And contrary to liberal beliefs the rich can not make up a trillion dollar deficit each year.

In this light of your silly name calling you get to join the other childish people on my ignore list.

Forum List

Back