Today: National Debt 100% of GDP

Pardon me if posted already - didn't see it
"As of Jan. 3, the national debt totaled $15.186 trillion, slightly more than 100% of the gross domestic product, a figure that the Congressional Budget Office in 2010 forecast wouldn't be reached until beyond 2020." Congress, resolve to fix deficit and debt - InvestmentNews

The end is coming.

Meanwhile not only won't the democrats get serious about cuts they want to spend MORE.

It took a lot of hard bipartisan effort to achieve this milestone. Too bad both sides are too big a bunch of titty babies to put the same effort into working together to eliminate the debt.

We will get away with our debt being this large just as long as the rest of the world's economies are worse than ours. US Treasuries are still the preferred flight-to-safety instruments.

That says a lot about how bad things everywhere really are.

Record debt, deficits, first ever downgrade and Obama is saying he needs one more term to "finish the job"

What do you suppose he means?

obama_hat--140x100.jpg

It took a lot of hard bipartisan effort to achieve this milestone. Too bad both sides are too big a bunch of titty babies to put the same effort into working together to eliminate the debt.

We will get away with our debt being this large just as long as the rest of the world's economies are worse than ours. US Treasuries are still the preferred flight-to-safety instruments.

And yet for 3 YEARS the Republicans have tried to cut the budget. 5 if you count 2007 and 2008. And what have the dems done? Demanded more money to spend we don't have. Refused to actually discuss cuts. It is pretty clear who spent the last 5 trillion over our means. And 2 trillion of the 6 Bush supposedly spent were under a full on Democratic Congress.

"As of Jan. 3, the national debt totaled $15.186 trillion, slightly more than 100% of the gross domestic product, a figure that the Congressional Budget Office in 2010 forecast wouldn't be reached until beyond 2020." Congress, resolve to fix deficit and debt - InvestmentNews

The end is coming.

Meanwhile not only won't the democrats get serious about cuts they want to spend MORE.

Neither will the republicans. Ron Paul is the only one with any common sense.

I can't take anyone seriously who believes the Party that brought us the new Department of Homeland Security and Medicare Part D wants to cut spending and a smaller government.

The end is coming.

I guess you were asleep as bill after bill cutting Government spending was passed by the house and never even looked at by the Senate. Right?

The end is coming.

They're gonna raise that debt ceiling by 1.2 trillion just as soon as they get back from playtime. yep.. "the adults are in charge" all rightty..

I can't take anyone seriously who believes the Party that brought us the new Department of Homeland Security and Medicare Part D wants to cut spending and a smaller government.

Democrats had 4 YEARS to get rid of both. Funny how they did not do it.

Its not a party. Its one man. Just look at his record and you know you can count on him. 1 trillion in cuts year one. Balanced budget and paying down the debt by 3.

That is the only way the dollar will be saved.

Ron Paul. The party is over. No more compromise. Liberals on both sides of the isle have destroyed this country.

Ad yet for 3 YEARS the Republicans have tried to cut the budgetn
. 5 if you count 2007 and 2008. And what have the dems done? Demanded more money to spend we don't have. Refused to actually discuss cuts. It is pretty clear who spent the last 5 trillion over our means. And 2 trillion of the 6 Bush supposedly spent were under a full on Democratic Congress.

Hell son the demoncraps haven't even had a budget for more than a 1000 days. how do they know or even care what they can spend without a budget.. but.. "the asswipe adults are in charge."

and we only have one candidate running for president who takes our fiscal issues seriously. and he'll never get elected.

God help us.

Democrats think the solution is to subsidize the citizens.

Republicans think the solution is to subsidize corporate power.

Sanity thinks the solution is to starve them both at the vine.

and we only have one candidate running for president who takes our fiscal issues seriously. and he'll never get elected.

God help us.

Oh no. He is going to get elected. He is going to get elected or I am voting for Obama. I would sooner see the crash come quickly and get it over with then to drag it on and on and on. We have been doing that for 20 years and society just keeps declining.

God will not help you. Only you will help you. What can you do to help Ron Paul, so Ron Paul has the power to help us?

Every problem we have today is caused by the dismissal of the constitution and the rule of law. What we need is a real president that will use the power of the veto for what it was made for. Send power back to the states and thus the people.

Democrats had 4 YEARS to get rid of both. Funny how they did not do it.

Thus my statements that both parties are responsible is affirmed.

It's a recipe for disaster and what does the president propose when he isn't playing golf or playing politics? Socialized medicine, green jobs that don't exist and a $20.00 tax break. We are in serious trouble that windmills and downsizing the US Military ain't going to solve and all we hear from democrats is whining.

It's a recipe for disaster and what does the president propose when he isn't playing golf or playing politics? Socialized medicine, green jobs that don't exist and a $20.00 tax break. We are in serious trouble that windmills and downsizing the US Military ain't going to solve and all we hear from democrats is whining.

obama_hat--140x100.jpg

he's throwing cool parties

pubs, dems, inds, pres, congress, senate it's ALL of them.

They are beyond corrupt, stupid, out of touch. They are addicts, diseased, sick.

What to do - what to do?? :eusa_pray: Perhaps our only hope

Last edited:

The end is coming.

Yup, we can point fingers until the cows come home. The bottom line is that there needs to be deficit reductions and debt reductions put on the table that actually brings down the bottom line and not just slow it down. I'm really tired of hearing about the fuzzy math being discussed from both parties. It's going to have to hurt to accomplish it and I don't think any politician has the guts to address it.

Forum List

Back