Today is the day from hell for me

Mini 14

Jun 6, 2010
1. End of month

2. End of year

3. End of payroll period

4. Must acquire all new current licenses before Monday

5. Have to do gun inventory for the ATF at TWO stores (usually takes us all day to do one, but we've got to inventory all 6 today)

6. My Office Manager is off

Sweet Fancy Moses.......I'm taking a bottle of Old Forester to work.....

again :(

Last edited:
Well, I made it through.

And for those who have no sense of humor (more than I estimated), the line about "taking the Old Forester to work....again" was what we "normal folk" call "sarcasm."

I forgot to mention in the OP that one of the stores was being rolled out of its founding company and into my new parent company. That meant a lot of extra accounting work and switching licenses and inventory from old company to new.

Turned away 2 people who tried straw purchases earlier in the day, then began the inventories about 3, finishing at 10.

We have sold a shitload of guns since Christmas, which made the inventories a little easier.

And no, I'm not bitching about prosperity, I'm bitching because I'm too stupid to hire someone to do my job so I can go and enjoy the things I started the business to go and enjoy. Maybe 2011 is the year (I actually think it is).

But when the planets align so that the end of the year coincides with the end of a pay period, and the end of a business life, I always wonder what I did to piss God off :)

Everyone got New Years bonuses in addition to the Christmas bonuses they got last week. Its been another very good year for the gun lovers :)

Forum List

Back