Today Is The Anniversary Of Agent Brian Terry's Murder...

Eric Holder maybe an asshole; that in no way excuses paulitician. And my politcal agenda lead not to the death of Agent Terry, suggesting it did is foolish.

I didn't suggest that your political agenda led to the death of Agent Terry...I was pointing out that the political agenda of this Administration DID lead to the death of Agent Terry and that Eric Holder is responsible for that agenda and the actions that led to thousands of firearms being sold to drug cartels to be used against people in both Mexico and the United States. Why is this man still our Attorney General? Why haven't the people in the chain of command for this operation not been fired?

His death is a tragedy. My he RIP.

Of course there is a US government, bipartisan agenda that is at the root of the problem and that is the draconian and fascist drug war, but that aside.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/u...by-democrats-clears-obama-administration.html

In an 89-page report, titled “Fatally Flawed: Five Years of Gun-walking in Arizona,” the Democratic staff portrays Fast and Furious as the fourth investigation, dating back to 2006, in which Arizona-based agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives employed the tactic “gun-walking” — failing to interdict illegally purchased guns in an attempt to build a bigger case.

“This report debunks many unsubstantiated conspiracy theories,” Representative Elijah E. Cummings, Democrat of Maryland, wrote in a cover letter. “Contrary to repeated claims by some, the committee has obtained no evidence that Operation Fast and Furious was a politically motivated operation conceived and directed by high-level Obama administration political appointees at the Department of Justice.”

Allowing some illegal activity to happen in hopes of catching "bigger fish" or trace the flow of illegal substances is a method of law enforcement that has been around for a very long time.

Are we to dump it now? Just wondering.

I didn't suggest that your political agenda led to the death of Agent Terry...I was pointing out that the political agenda of this Administration DID lead to the death of Agent Terry and that Eric Holder is responsible for that agenda and the actions that led to thousands of firearms being sold to drug cartels to be used against people in both Mexico and the United States. Why is this man still our Attorney General? Why haven't the people in the chain of command for this operation not been fired?

Of course there is a US government, bipartisan agenda that is at the root of the problem and that is the draconian and fascist drug war, but that aside.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/u...by-democrats-clears-obama-administration.html

In an 89-page report, titled “Fatally Flawed: Five Years of Gun-walking in Arizona,” the Democratic staff portrays Fast and Furious as the fourth investigation, dating back to 2006, in which Arizona-based agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives employed the tactic “gun-walking” — failing to interdict illegally purchased guns in an attempt to build a bigger case.

“This report debunks many unsubstantiated conspiracy theories,” Representative Elijah E. Cummings, Democrat of Maryland, wrote in a cover letter. “Contrary to repeated claims by some, the committee has obtained no evidence that Operation Fast and Furious was a politically motivated operation conceived and directed by high-level Obama administration political appointees at the Department of Justice.”

Allowing some illegal activity to happen in hopes of catching "bigger fish" or trace the flow of illegal substances is a method of law enforcement that has been around for a very long time.

The problem, Bodecea is that it was already known that we couldn't trace the guns even with the help of the Mexican government. That was tried in Operation Gunrunner and was the reason the program was discontinued. So what was the reasoning behind Operation Fast & Furious? The truth is...they didn't even try to trace the guns that were sold. The whole premise behind Fast & Furious was to show gun sales in the US were leading to crimes being committed with those weapons in Mexico, which would give ammo to those in the Administration that were seeking stricter gun control laws here. But people like Holder weren't content to simply point out that was already taking place...they used Fast & Furious to flood Mexico with weapons so their calls for stricter gun control laws would be seen that was badly needed and needed right away. That attitude of "the end justifies the means" is what prompts me to call Eric Holder an asshole and demand his firing.

Let's all remember Brian Terry today and pray for his family. Let's also pray his family sees justice for Brian.

On December 14, 2010, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was shot to death in the Arizona desert, while patrolling one of the region's most dangerous drug and human smuggling corridors. He was actually looking for Mexican bandits who typically prey on those crossing into this country illegally.

Agent Terry encountered a group of those bandits and was shot in the back with an AK-47. At least one round went through his protective vest and ripped through his pelvis. He soon succumbed to his wounds.

Terry was a former Marine and a police officer in Lincoln Park, Michigan. He had been a Border Patrol agent for three years. In his quest for a lifetime of service to his nation, he had plans to become a Secret Service agent.

Of course, weapons which were allowed to cross the border as part of Operation Fast and Furious were found at the murder scene.

In May 2011, Manuel Osorio-Arellanes was arraigned in a Tucson federal courtroom for second-degree murder, conspiracy to assault a federal officer and firearms possession charges in connection to the December shooting death of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

Unfortunately, few details have emerged as the government has since sealed the case.

Read More:
Today is the anniversary of Agent Brian Terry's murder - National drug cartel | Examiner.com

Using the death of a law enforcement agent to put forth your political agenda is reprehensible.

Or using the shooting of a congresswoman to demonize the other party as well right?

Letting your political agenda lead to the death of a law enforcement agent is what is reprehensible. Eric Holder is an asshole.

Yes Oldstyle, you did accuse me, why lie?

No, you "assumed" that I was talking about you when I was in fact talking about Eric Holder.

I inferred, to assume would mean I made an ass out of me and you. It was you who wrote a sentence which was unclear. I accept your apology.

Let's all remember Brian Terry today and pray for his family. Let's also pray his family sees justice for Brian.

On December 14, 2010, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was shot to death in the Arizona desert, while patrolling one of the region's most dangerous drug and human smuggling corridors. He was actually looking for Mexican bandits who typically prey on those crossing into this country illegally.

Agent Terry encountered a group of those bandits and was shot in the back with an AK-47. At least one round went through his protective vest and ripped through his pelvis. He soon succumbed to his wounds.

Terry was a former Marine and a police officer in Lincoln Park, Michigan. He had been a Border Patrol agent for three years. In his quest for a lifetime of service to his nation, he had plans to become a Secret Service agent.

Of course, weapons which were allowed to cross the border as part of Operation Fast and Furious were found at the murder scene.

In May 2011, Manuel Osorio-Arellanes was arraigned in a Tucson federal courtroom for second-degree murder, conspiracy to assault a federal officer and firearms possession charges in connection to the December shooting death of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

Unfortunately, few details have emerged as the government has since sealed the case.

Read More:
Today is the anniversary of Agent Brian Terry's murder - National drug cartel | Examiner.com

Using the death of a law enforcement agent to put forth your political agenda is reprehensible.

Or using the shooting of a congresswoman to demonize the other party as well right?

Could be. However, if I recall correctly there is an inference to be made between the rhetoric of Sarah Palin and the potential for her message to set off an unstable person.

You will notice that the language of pols has changed since the tragic incident in Arizona which killed six and seriously wounded Congresswomen Giffords.

2 main reasons for this are the continuation of the drug war both parties love, and the fact that neither party takes border security seriously.

The best way to defend this nation is to blow up Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, parts of Pakistan/Somalia and who knows where else, defending this nation's borders doesn't defend americans of course.

Could be. However, if I recall correctly there is an inference to be made between the rhetoric of Sarah Palin and the potential for her message to set off an unstable person.

You will notice that the language of pols has changed since the tragic incident in Arizona which killed six and seriously wounded Congresswomen Giffords.

Has it really? You may want to watch more TV because from what I see there is no difference.
Also these things didn't start wih Palin. both sides had used such and continue to do so.

The problem, Bodecea is that it was already known that we couldn't trace the guns even with the help of the Mexican government. That was tried in Operation Gunrunner and was the reason the program was discontinued. So what was the reasoning behind Operation Fast & Furious? The truth is...they didn't even try to trace the guns that were sold. The whole premise behind Fast & Furious was to show gun sales in the US were leading to crimes being committed with those weapons in Mexico, which would give ammo to those in the Administration that were seeking stricter gun control laws here. But people like Holder weren't content to simply point out that was already taking place...they used Fast & Furious to flood Mexico with weapons so their calls for stricter gun control laws would be seen that was badly needed and needed right away. That attitude of "the end justifies the means" is what prompts me to call Eric Holder an asshole and demand his firing.

Except that the number of illegal weapons entering Mexico is estimated at 1 per minute or about 1500 a day.

Borderland Beat: Mexico's Customs enforcement and weapons trafficking

So are you saying Holders plan was to flood Mexico with about a day an a half worth of extra weapons so they can pass stricter gun control laws here? Seems improbable.

Yes Oldstyle, you did accuse me, why lie?

No, you "assumed" that I was talking about you when I was in fact talking about Eric Holder.

I inferred, to assume would mean I made an ass out of me and you. It was you who wrote a sentence which was unclear. I accept your apology.

In order for you to accept an apology...one has to first be given. Since I didn't accuse you, then I didn't feel the need to apologize for something that you "imagined" took place. My sentence wasn't unclear...you just assumed that it was an attack on you. It was a condemnation of Eric Holder and his underlings at the DOJ that put their political agenda ahead of the lives and safety of both Mexican nationals and Americans like Brian Terry.

And my question remains...why is this asshole still our Attorney General?

Except that the number of illegal weapons entering Mexico is estimated at 1 per minute or about 1500 a day.

Borderland Beat: Mexico's Customs enforcement and weapons trafficking

So are you saying Holders plan was to flood Mexico with about a day an a half worth of extra weapons so they can pass stricter gun control laws here? Seems improbable.

Actually it sounds IDIOTIC but that's what their plan was. Give me any other rationale for Operation Fast & Furious...I'd love to hear one if you've got one to give.

In order for you to accept an apology...one has to first be given. Since I didn't accuse you, then I didn't feel the need to apologize for something that you "imagined" took place. My sentence wasn't unclear...you just assumed that it was an attack on you. It was a condemnation of Eric Holder and his underlings at the DOJ that put their political agenda ahead of the lives and safety of both Mexican nationals and Americans like Brian Terry.

And my question remains...why is this asshole still our Attorney General?

BAM!! :clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back