Today is my birthday

Happy Birthday!

Man I remember my 21st bday well parts of it. Just say people bought me a few to many shots and I puked on myself because I couldn't get the car door open. WoW! What good times!

that should've been an awesome birthday party!

you got a birthday,
we got none,
we sing to you....

you got a birthday,
we got none,
we sing to you...

happy birthday,
we sing to you....

happy birthday,
we sing to you....

the only words of wisdom i have...love hard, live hard and enjoy what little time we have with the people we love...

thanks bones, that's the only words of wisdom I ever need.

21, huh?

I hope you got your full measure of sex and drugs and rock and roll, cause, honey?

It's pretty much all downhill from here.

My deepest sympathies on this the first day of the rest of your life as an responsible adult.

editec

no sex no drugs, lots of rock n'roll!! I've been a responsible adult since 16! :D

Oh yeah, that's right I forgot that PerHam was living in Iran.

I wish I could visit that country. I'm told it's quite beautiful, plus I love pistacio nuts.

feel free to come over here, whenever you liked. I'll arrange a good tour for you. ;)

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlIAmCfHzbg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlIAmCfHzbg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

If you haven't seen this movie, Persepolis, I highly recommend it. It's the story of a girl from Iran, from the late 1970s until present.

and, don't take the present section seriously, it's far from the fact. present Iran is far more modern that it shows in the anime.

Happy Birthday Perham, my dear friend with the poetic heart.

May you have long life, radiant well being and may all your dreams and aspirations be realized.

May all those around you benefit from your kind heart and gentle nature.

that's so sweet sky, my dear friend with a heart as blue as the sky.

For Perham:

HAPPINESS

In the afternoon I watched
the she-bear; she was looking
for the secret bin of sweetness -
honey, that the bees store
in the trees’ soft caves.
Black block of gloom, she climbed down
tree after tree and shuffled on
through the woods. And then
she found it! The honey-house deep
as heartwood, and dipped into it
among the swarming bees - honey and comb
she lipped and tongued and scooped out
in her black nails, until

maybe she grew full, or sleepy, or maybe
a little drunk, and sticky
down the rugs of her arms,
and began to hum and sway.
I saw her let go of the branches,
I saw her lift her honeyed muzzle
into the leaves, and her thick arms,
as though she would fly -
an enormous bee
all sweetness and wings -
down into the meadows, the perfections
of honeysuckle and roses and clover -
to float and sleep in the sheer nets
swaying from flower to flower
day after shining day.

Mary Oliver

:clap2:

happiness is the only thing I cannot find in my life yet.

and, don't take the present section seriously, it's far from the fact. present Iran is far more modern that it shows in the anime.
Perham, ;) I watched an excellent travel show on Iran on TV the other night. The guy who hosts it is a bit of a nerd but I think he did a great job on Iran. He spoke to many ordinary Iranians about how they felt about the US and it was heartening to see that the ordinary Iranian bears no ill will towards Americans. Iran looks so beautiful! Especially Isfahan
Here's a link to the show's website:

Rick Steves' Iran: Yesterday and Today

It's showing this month on PBS stations here in the US. Maybe, if you are interested, you can watch it on the web. I'd love to hear if you think it represents Iran well.

Hmmm, a birthday sentence:

You need imagination in order to imagine a future that doesn't exist.-Azar Nafisi

Perham, how did you celebrate your birthday?

since I'm in the middle of the final exams for the first semester of the 3rd year of college, I didn't have time for a birthday party, although my friends got me a box of sweets and few birthday cards, and I had many phone calls, but still I was studying engineering mathematics all the day to pass the exam!!

since I'm in the middle of the final exams for the first semester of the 3rd year of college, I didn't have time for a birthday party, although my friends got me a box of sweets and few birthday cards, and I had many phone calls, but still I was studying engineering mathematics all the day to pass the exam!!
Well, may your next one be more festive! And I hope you did well on the exam.

Forum List

Back