Today is a good day...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Today I finished the first draft of a script that I've been working on for probably four or five years, now. This is the script that, if all goes according to my very insane plans, I'll be making into an indie movie sometime soon after I graduate.

I printed it out, and even though I've seen it a million times on my laptop screen, having it in my hands with a cover page and all is just so satisfying. So, the easy part was over, now the hard part (editing) starts.

Somewhere along the way, I should probably start figuring out how to raise $8-$10,000 so I can make this thing, I imagine that would probably be what I should refer to as "the hard part".

Added to this, Wednesday in class, some girl who I've never met told me that she thought I was a really great writer, based on my story in Broken Ink. That was very nice. It's times like those when I know the only thing I ever want to do in this world is write something that will make people happy.

And, a few of my friends were talking about it the other day, and they all honestly seem to be pretty confident that I'll make it as a writer. I realize they're my friends, they're not going to tell me I'm NOT going to make it, but they seemed honest, and I have a pretty good BS detector.

And, I had a nice (if short) visit with my parents this past week. My roommate was completely blown away by the fact that my Dad not only bought me beer, but offered one to him. :D

Sorry to get all deep on here, but, dammit, I'm happy and I want everyone to know it! :p:

Dan, that is SO AWESOME! Congratulations and keep writing.

Dan, see Dirty Jack ain't so bad ! :)

I though he was cool !

oh yeah good luck !! I know you will do well !

:clap1: :clap1: well good for you..i'm happy for ya..Now I just have to finish some homework and I'm going to be happy..:D I have a paper due on Death want to write it for me now that you are such a good writer..:cof: Please love you forever if i get a A on it..:cof:

Dam!!!!!!! That's all I have anymore is love well what I have left of it..Most of my love is gone..I have a penny would that enough?:cof:

Oh, crap, I meant that 'yes he is' in reply to "I thought he was cool", not "he ain't so bad". Sorry for the confusion.

Originally posted by Dan
Sure, here's your one-cent paper on death:

Death
By JMarie

Everybody dies.

Ok I have Fifty cents? how much will that get me?:D and some love?:cof:

A dollar? what will that get hopefully a paragraph..:cof: God knows I need coffee to keep me up to write that dam paper..

needs lots of ----> :cof:

What, exactly, does the paper need to be about? Just 'death' in general? And how long does it have to be? I ain't writing it for you or anything, just wondering.:p:

It has to be over abortion if it's killing the baby or not, euthanasia, my opinion on that if it's right or wrong, and capital punishment my eithical view on that..and plus death when does it start and if it's morally right or wrong for someone to help someone who is dying to come sucide. it has to be four to six papers long..and it was due four weeks ago..and i haven't even started on it..i know i'm a slacker..:D

Oh yeah and my views on death too..i guess that's why it's called a death paper..LOL are you sure you don't want to write it for me?:teeth:

Woah! That's a pretty major topic there! And due four weeks ago!? You must have some mighty lenient professors, eh?;)

And, no, I still don't wanna do it for you. Sorry!:)

yes they are pretty cool...i graduate in two weeks so i'm good on getting it done..but if you are bored tonight i'm sure i can found two dollars for you to do it? :bow2: :teeth:

Forum List

Back